new firmware wwe 10.4.12.24

Guest rikiau123

Guest rikiau123

wwe new firmware 10.4.12.24 is out. is possible flash whit cwm? or you risk to brick? thanks

you can'use also TWRP ?

Edited by rikiau123

Guest cturbos

thanx for sharing,it wont download unless i install AKAMAI which i don't know anything about it,can someone download it without the AKAMAI?

Guest Mafarricos

thanx for sharing,it wont download unless i install AKAMAI which i don't know anything about it,can someone download it without the AKAMAI?

Don't know what is AKAMAI... The link is direct from asus download site.

Guest sunshine333

I flashed this using TWRP with no problems by clicking "install" when the ASUS updater notification popped up. This was after I put the OTA zip file in root of the device. It rebooted to TWRP and flashed automatically using openrecovery script. I lost root and TWRP afterward but used the Superboot-r1 to get root back and then Goomanager to reinstall TWRP.

Guest rafael_mfr

I flashed this using TWRP with no problems by clicking "install" when the ASUS updater notification popped up. This was after I put the OTA zip file in root of the device. It rebooted to TWRP and flashed automatically using openrecovery script. I lost root and TWRP afterward but used the Superboot-r1 to get root back and then Goomanager to reinstall TWRP.

I did exactly what you said and it works perfectly.

- Put the OTA zip file in root of the device

- Accept the message into notification bar

- It reboot automatically to TWRP and flash the update by itself

- Phone reboots and lost root also come back to stock recovery

- Got root again using superboot-r1 script from Paul

*For it's not recommended install TWRP again through GooManager and it's not support new 10.4.12.24 kernel yet. According to "narutofma" user:

Several types of brick had been found after people flash twrp over this 024 update. Some brick are not reversable.
Edited by rafael_mfr