• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

mikaelgoldin

mikaelgoldin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4
I'm new to Android (been using iPhones since the first model). I have pre-ordered the HTC One and should be getting it in mid april.

My question is about software. If I install another launcher, let say Nova launcher to get hold of the UCCW widgets, will Sense 5 work at the same time? If not, will Sense 5 work if I uninstall Nova? I assume that Blinkfeed won't work. Will HTC apps like Remote TV, camera app with Zoe work if Nova launcher is installed and running?

Thanks!

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

I'm new to Android (been using iPhones since the first model). I have pre-ordered the HTC One and should be getting it in mid april.

My question is about software. If I install another launcher, let say Nova launcher to get hold of the UCCW widgets, will Sense 5 work at the same time? If not, will Sense 5 work if I uninstall Nova? I assume that Blinkfeed won't work. Will HTC apps like Remote TV, camera app with Zoe work if Nova launcher is installed and running?

Thanks!

All you'll lose with a custom launcher is blinkfeed and the custom widgets.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

mikaelgoldin

mikaelgoldin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

All you'll lose with a custom launcher is blinkfeed and the custom widgets.

P

Thank you Paul!

Do you know any good Blinkfeed widget replacements? Flipboard widget?

Coming from iOS, the beautiful home screens at sites such as mycolorscreen.com is very tempting :-)

kkempe

kkempe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Nexus One, HTC One X
  • Twitter:@OrlandoGardiner
Na. The Flipboard Widget is a 4x2 Tile with changing content in a specific interval. Nothing eye candy like BlinkFeed, So far I must say, I like Sense 5. Its minimalistic design is eye charming and blinkfeed is a good idea. Hopefully they'll give us the ability to add own feeds instead of just the predefined ones with an update later this year.

mikaelgoldin

mikaelgoldin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
But you can't add UCCW widgets with Sense right? Only Nova/apex etc.. ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users