NOTE - this rom is obsolete - please use my cm10.2 rom instead.
see the KonstaT page for gapps.
- you will need >196MB in /system to flash this rom (my .au Optus v9 has 220MB), and initial boot will take ~5mins
- this ROM is for the resistive screen V9's only. capacative V9c touch screens don't work.
- in general cm10.1 is bigger and maybe a little bit slower than cm7 but it has more shiny features, so you pays yer money and takes yer choice. there is also my cm10 rom which is somewhere in between.
everything seems to work. specifically all those listed on KonstaT's page.
AFAICT the only thing that's regressed from cm7 on V9 is
- multi-touch (pinch to zoom) emulation from cm7 makes the default browser go crazy on cm10.1, so it's disabled
known issues specific to this ROM
- pre-surfaceflinger boot animation is wrong aspect and off centre
- ElectronBeam power-on animation doesn't work (power-off does)
known issues from upstream (AOSP or CM or KonstaT or ZTE or ...)
- AOSP keyboard gesture typing doesn't (won't ever?) work on armv6 devices
- the voice search app works but perhaps not in the way it's supposed to (something armv7-only again)
- no movie preview images
- bluetooth scanning works but is unreliable
- livewallpapers don't work
suggestions and patches are welcome for all the above issues!!
ah, bluetooth. sigh. there goes a week of my life. so the best way to scan to find a new bt device is to turn on bt from the main Settings screen and wait until bt is on for a few seconds before going to the Bluetooth devices screen. if scanning doesn't start immediately on that screen then it has failed, so go back to Settings and turn off bt and try again. be patient. scanning works about 30%-50% of the time using this method. once paired, bluetooth devices are ok - it's only this initial scanning stuff that's dodgy.
- all sources are on my github
- build instructions (see also KonstaT's 3rd post)
- security update that includes cm10.1.2
- update to latest CyanogenMod (includes Privacy Guard, Privacy Guard Manager, and cm10.1.1)
- fix native bluetooth tethering (thanks to zeelog)
- fix usb id string to allow usb mounting again (my fault. thanks to falcon4fun for noticing this problem)
- now that lowmemorykiller is fixed, set dalvik config back to 128MB
- trim kernel fb allocation to actual used size (saves 744kB of ram)
- lowmemorykiller improvements - greatly improved responsiveness
- nfs, cifs back into kernel, but as modules
- re-enable limiting number of processes via sys.mem.max_hidden_apps (CM folks reverted it)
- allow Kernel Same-page Merging (KSM) which can save ~15MB of ram at the expense of background scanning
- back to smartassV2 governor
- use a lower 32MB dalvik profile
- allow a choice of no wallpaper to save ram in Trebuchet
- workaround slow wifi reconnections due to ar6000.ko binary module by using 5s wpa_supplicant scan timeout instead of 30s - please let me know if this causes wifi scan problems - 10s might be a safer default, but 5s works fine for me
- doubled the area of the home/menu/back buttons - now extends well above and to the side of the silver printed icons
- took nfs and smb support out of the kernel as ram and cpu is scarse
- max hidden apps set to 10
- other updates from CM and KonstaT
- use Android 'legacy' VelocityTracker strategy which means less random jumps from the touchscreen
- improve kernel msm_ts touchscreen driver - ignore noisy landing/takeoff touches, use real pressure
- PIE, navbar, and partition info from cm10.1 upstream and KonstaT patches
- FM volume control should be fixed
- Effem (FM radio app) included
- my statusbar/flingtracker fix is now upstream in cm (also fixed in Android 5)
- zoomhack (pinch to zoom) improved in kernel msm_ts, but it's still not ready for daily use
- changed default cpu governor back to ondemand as the VelocityTracker and msm_ts fixes seemed to improve lag & interactivity
- fix for the StatusBar / SystemUI hang - turned out to be an AOSP bug with events that report identical times
- initial release
- changed governor to smartassV2
- backported uhid driver from 3.8 kernel so that BT keyboard etc. work
Edited by PlaguedByPenguins, 15 October 2013 - 01:14 PM.