naifah

naifah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
good job buddy..:D
link of gapps please?

Edited by naifah, 05 April 2013 - 04:18 AM.

naifah

naifah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
anyone can review this rom?

Edited by naifah, 05 April 2013 - 04:19 AM.

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9

link of gapps please?

same as the KonstaT rom.

HarryPirate

HarryPirate

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra (Sapo a5)

same as the KonstaT rom.

here http://www.modaco.co...01-android-422/

Device: ZTE Libra (Sapo a5)
ROM: The Most Recent CM
Recovery: ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0
External Storage: Transcend 8GB MicroSDHC (Class 4)
Current Launcher: Espier Launcher

naifah

naifah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

same as the KonstaT rom.

thanks..i will try later,btw keep post penguin..

naifah

naifah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

For anyone who wants to move their apps to the ext partition, here it is the perfect solution. Using it righ now.
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2146375

naifah

naifah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

For anyone who wants to move their apps to the ext partition, here it is the perfect solution. Using it righ now.
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2146375

thanks for attent,what CWM use for script dude?

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

But the funny thing is it took about 30min-1hour of the rom up and runing and then suddenly it got fast as hell! Now everything works as it should :)

So if you get problems, a bit of patience (one hour or so) could solve alot :)

hmm. tonight my v9 was running slow. top said com.google.android.gm (a gmail related process) was using ~7% cpu, and strace showed it was doing a tight loop around gettimeofday(), which is often a sign that something has lost the plot. I killed the process and the phone went back to normal speed.

I wonder if something like that could explain the problem you saw? any process that goes crazy and starts using cpu will make the machine go slow, and it could be any one of dozens of processes and be caused by any number of factors (bad coding, network glitch, unhandled error condition,...). its good that in your case it sorted itself out after a while.

if it happens again to you, and it you are feeling keen, then can you please try to work out if a process is using a lot of cpu when it shouldn't be. one way to do this (I'm a linux guy so please forgive the command like stuff, it's all I know) is to get into Terminal and then run top -m 25 -n 5. the top process itself should be using ~4% cpu and surfaceflinger, system_server, com.android.systemui and a few others should all be at the 1 or 2% level. any process above those guys for a long time is suspect. if it's always this gmail process then we can try to work out why (although as google wrote it it's probably their problem really).

faji

faji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Thank you very much. Excellent work

globula_neagra

globula_neagra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Arnova 7c G2
Hello, i have the following configuration on a tablet.
msm 8255 1.4 ghz, 512 ram, 4gb storage, dual camera.
it can be used as a phone also (spent a lot of time in finding out how to activate this option)

Can you help put the bases in building at least cm9/10 for it ? i am planing in using the kernel from code aurora.

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Can you help put the bases in building at least cm9/10 for it ? i am planing in using the kernel from code aurora.

you might find cyanogenmod porting to be helpful. obviously it'll be vastly easier if you can find a very similar device (cpu, gpu, wifi, gps etc.) that already has a port eg. perhaps one on this list. unfortunately binary blobs usually limit the range of kernels it is feasible to use.

HarryPirate

HarryPirate

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

hmm. tonight my v9 was running slow. top said com.google.android.gm (a gmail related process) was using ~7% cpu, and strace showed it was doing a tight loop around gettimeofday(), which is often a sign that something has lost the plot. I killed the process and the phone went back to normal speed.

I wonder if something like that could explain the problem you saw? any process that goes crazy and starts using cpu will make the machine go slow, and it could be any one of dozens of processes and be caused by any number of factors (bad coding, network glitch, unhandled error condition,...). its good that in your case it sorted itself out after a while.

if it happens again to you, and it you are feeling keen, then can you please try to work out if a process is using a lot of cpu when it shouldn't be. one way to do this (I'm a linux guy so please forgive the command like stuff, it's all I know) is to get into Terminal and then run top -m 25 -n 5. the top process itself should be using ~4% cpu and surfaceflinger, system_server, com.android.systemui and a few others should all be at the 1 or 2% level. any process above those guys for a long time is suspect. if it's always this gmail process then we can try to work out why (although as google wrote it it's probably their problem really).

Same thing happened to me, Tablet slow as hell... After 30 min fast as hell again. But this is CM10.1 and it is a memory eater, CM10 in that aspect is great in performance!

globula_neagra

globula_neagra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

you might find cyanogenmod porting to be helpful. obviously it'll be vastly easier if you can find a very similar device (cpu, gpu, wifi, gps etc.) that already has a port eg. perhaps one on this list. unfortunately binary blobs usually limit the range of kernels it is feasible to use.

Thanx for you answer.

Let me give you more insight on what i did till now:
I have another tablet that has the fallowing spec:
msm7627
384 ram
7 inch
android 2.3.3

Like one year ago, i tried a build from here
http://get.cm/?device=v9

I modified many things in the boot.img and the system itself till i managed to get working:
-sound
-full hw acceleration
-bt

not working
3g
wifi

Now, i have the kernel source for this one.
But, i am let`s say an outsider in how to compile everything from zero.

What i have, is cwm :) made with this
https://github.com/abiank/FOXDA

Is this enough to build a full working rom ?
I have the kernel config.

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
FYI there might be a bit of a delay before the next rom update... my screen smashed and it's toast. I'm trying to buy a new v9 so I can continue development (yes, I am crazy - I know a Tab 2 7.0 is better in all ways) but it might take a week or two.

naifah

naifah

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Good if kernel is update..:wub:

HarryPirate

HarryPirate

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

FYI there might be a bit of a delay before the next rom update... my screen smashed and it's toast. I'm trying to buy a new v9 so I can continue development (yes, I am crazy - I know a Tab 2 7.0 is better in all ways) but it might take a week or two.

There are some screen replacement on ebay it might be cheaper.

Since Blade and V9 share almost the same hardware and CM10 has reached the nightly state on Blade, would it be possible for you to build just a CM10 for V9?
It would be greatly appreciated since that even in Blade it runs way smoother than the CM10.1 and the Bluetooth problems would be fixed.

Thank you for your dedication :D

globula_neagra

globula_neagra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
http://arnovatech.co...GPL_release.tgz

This is my kernel source for my device, from what i have seen is very similar, maybe it can help in improving some stuff on the v9

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
new v9 acquired, up and running, and new 20130419 rom posted. enjoy.
the main new feature is much more rapid wifi reconnect when waking up.

phazon

phazon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 2
Hi penguin! I'm still with the previus buld, the speed problem is already solved?
Your build is so good, that's the only problem I have.

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Since Blade and V9 share almost the same hardware and CM10 has reached the nightly state on Blade, would it be possible for you to build just a CM10 for V9?

maybe. daemond's kernel is identical to mine, so that would simplify things a little. although frankly I'm not all that interested in doubling my workload with old software unless there's a huge demand, or if it can help me understand how something can be fixed in cm10.1. there is not much future in old software. I've built and booted a quick hack version of cm10 previously, but the devil is in the details in these things and I don't know if it'll take weeks of work to get all the bits and bobs fully working and tested, or if anyone at all will run it - I certainly won't.

does anyone else really really REALLY want a cm10 build?

things to consider:
- please just don't say 'yes' without a good reason - these things take significant initial and ongoing effort and I do have better things to be doing. eg. cm10.1
- obviously cm10 will never have all the 4.2.2 features (no backports), nor any new CM development (eg. no chance of pie nav)
- on the plus side it may be slightly faster than cm10.1, as the trend seems to be that cm7 is fastest and cm10.1 is slowest (due to the software getting bigger and more complex and resource hungry), so I'd guess cm10 might be somewhere in-between.
- cm10 would be unsupported - I will not be running a cm10 as a daily device so won't be able to able to reproduce/fix anything
- again, these things don't build or maintain themselves - so please give good reasons why cm10.1 is completely unacceptable for you and/or buy me a new motorbike :)

I'm still with the previus buld, the speed problem is already solved?

sorry, I don't understand. can you explain what you mean?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users