• 74 posts
Sms cant sent? Any idea?

phazon

phazon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 2

maybe. daemond's kernel is identical to mine, so that would simplify things a little. although frankly I'm not all that interested in doubling my workload with old software unless there's a huge demand, or if it can help me understand how something can be fixed in cm10.1. there is not much future in old software. I've built and booted a quick hack version of cm10 previously, but the devil is in the details in these things and I don't know if it'll take weeks of work to get all the bits and bobs fully working and tested, or if anyone at all will run it - I certainly won't.

does anyone else really really REALLY want a cm10 build?

things to consider:
- please just don't say 'yes' without a good reason - these things take significant initial and ongoing effort and I do have better things to be doing. eg. cm10.1
- obviously cm10 will never have all the 4.2.2 features (no backports), nor any new CM development (eg. no chance of pie nav)
- on the plus side it may be slightly faster than cm10.1, as the trend seems to be that cm7 is fastest and cm10.1 is slowest (due to the software getting bigger and more complex and resource hungry), so I'd guess cm10 might be somewhere in-between.
- cm10 would be unsupported - I will not be running a cm10 as a daily device so won't be able to able to reproduce/fix anything
- again, these things don't build or maintain themselves - so please give good reasons why cm10.1 is completely unacceptable for you and/or buy me a new motorbike :)

sorry, I don't understand. can you explain what you mean?

I was probably drunk when I wrote that x) . So I am with your Rom "2013-04-01 build" and as you and HarryPirate said, sometimes the tablet gets really slow. Have you figured out what it is causing this occasional slow processing?

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9

So I am with your Rom "2013-04-01 build" and as you and HarryPirate said, sometimes the tablet gets really slow. Have you figured out what it is causing this occasional slow processing?

as I said, 4.2.2/cm10.1 just seems to use more resources, and on our little v9's those are in short supply. my best guess is that occasional slowdowns occur when the OS is put under stress to find free ram. there's probably not really a silver bullet for that. we're still looking for system tweaks that will help this and other things.

personally, adding swap space lets my v9 run better (which is why I think ram is the main scarce resource (rather than cpu or i/o bandwidth etc.)). I'll probably set the cpu scheduler to be smartassv2 in the next rom version too.

mrhary

mrhary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:U8230
Is there a possiblity for otg in this version?

HarryPirate

HarryPirate

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra (Sapo a5)

as I said, 4.2.2/cm10.1 just seems to use more resources, and on our little v9's those are in short supply. my best guess is that occasional slowdowns occur when the OS is put under stress to find free ram. there's probably not really a silver bullet for that. we're still looking for system tweaks that will help this and other things.

personally, adding swap space lets my v9 run better (which is why I think ram is the main scarce resource (rather than cpu or i/o bandwidth etc.)). I'll probably set the cpu scheduler to be smartassv2 in the next rom version too.

I think the problem is not only the RAM but also the processor.
When Android runs a sync or something like that it hangs a lot, the same happens in ZTE Blade, but with CM10 everything runs really smooth (ZTE Blade)

One of the first things I do is to change the Governor to SmartassV2 and disable 3G data (I don't have a data plan).

Device: ZTE Libra (Sapo a5)
ROM: The Most Recent CM
Recovery: ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0
External Storage: Transcend 8GB MicroSDHC (Class 4)
Current Launcher: Espier Launcher

faji

faji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I haven't got a problem with speed because my V9 is overcocked to 748Mhz, governor:smartass V2 plus using a swap expander app.

My only problem is the bluetooth connection. My earpiece most of the time cannot connect to the phone. Even if I try (bluetooth) on and off 15 or more times. Even rebooting the phone doesn't get it working.

Changed back to CM7 :(

I wonder if there is a way to "copy" a working "piece" from a working ROM to the one PlaguedByPenguins made (please excuse my ignorance).

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

My only problem is the bluetooth connection. My earpiece most of the time cannot connect to the phone. Even if I try (bluetooth) on and off 15 or more times. Even rebooting the phone doesn't get it working.

I wonder if there is a way to "copy" a working "piece" from a working ROM to the one PlaguedByPenguins made (please excuse my ignorance).

I'm sorry to hear of your BT problems. my few attempts with a bluetooth keyboard have all worked pretty well (eventually). have you tried the bluetooth recipe I devised in the first post of this thread? some others in KonstaT's thread have found a slightly different method. please let me know if it works for you.

however, the answer to your question is no. google swapped out 4.1's bluetooth stack for a totally different stack in 4.2. there's no way to mix and match.

I will count your comment as a +1 for a cm10 build for v9 though :)

faji

faji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I 'll try the "slightly different method" :) Hope it works :unsure:

Thanks for your response :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will count your comment as a +1 for a cm10 build for v9 though :)

(I don't want to put pressure on your kind effort :) )

Edited by faji, 30 April 2013 - 04:58 PM.

amirsokar2

amirsokar2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:zte V9
can you make OTG available in next update?

i hope

Edited by amirsokar2, 01 May 2013 - 11:13 AM.

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

can you make OTG available in next update?

sorry, no, don't think that's a good idea. I remember when this was added to the cm7 kernel - it killed the battery life.

faji

faji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
What you suggested as a solution didnt't work for me. Finally I found a work around that comes close to my needs. That is Bluetooth reconnector app, available at the Google Play, (free of charge).
Seems (until now) that the application improves bluetooth connectivity between the phone and the earpiece (tried few times on and off in the phone and it did connect successfully).

:)

HarryPirate

HarryPirate

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Libra (Sapo a5)
Could you please update the Rom to include the latest changes namely the new yahoo weather API I really like that functionality. Is it possible to add the disable boot splash function?

Device: ZTE Libra (Sapo a5)
ROM: The Most Recent CM
Recovery: ClockworkMod 5.0.2.0
External Storage: Transcend 8GB MicroSDHC (Class 4)
Current Launcher: Espier Launcher

amirsokar2

amirsokar2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:zte V9
where the new update?

PlaguedByPenguins :)

falcon4fun

falcon4fun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9 Light
Firstly, welcome from russian 4pda. ;)
If it was mentioned, please tell how to disable lock screen widgets? :) Is there any solution for lock screen landscape?
+1 to amirsokar2
And when we want to update your firmware from prev.version, should we wipe all data? Or simple wipe cache и wipe dalvik cache?

A few words about firmware, perfect performance with some my tweaks ;)

Edited by falcon4fun, 05 May 2013 - 02:50 PM.

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Firstly, welcome from russian 4pda. ;)

you guys are about 20% of the downloads, so welcome. I gather some of you didn't like me disabling nfs/smb? why? if you have comments then please put them in this forum. I am 100% certain your English is better than my Russian.

If it was mentioned, please tell how to disable lock screen widgets? :) Is there any solution for lock screen landscape?

no idea, sorry. I suggest you try asking in KonstaT's blade thread.

+1 to amirsokar2

... and if wishes were unicorns then we would each have 14,000 ponies.
seriously though, if you guys want releases faster then just build them yourselves. all the sources are available. patches are welcome too.

And when we want to update your firmware from prev.version, should we wipe all data? Or simple wipe cache и wipe dalvik cache?

good question.
- format /system
- wipe cache & dalvik cache
- install zips
no need to nuke any of /data.
the first boot after update will still take a long time as all the packages are optimised & caches built.

A few words about firmware, perfect performance with some my tweaks ;)

thanks, but I disagree about "perfect performance", which is why I continue to work on it and take time to do so.
also, if you wanted to share, folks here would probably appreciate knowing which tweaks you find useful...

there should be a new rom (with more tweakables :) ) coming fairly soon.

Edited by PlaguedByPenguins, 05 May 2013 - 05:43 PM.

falcon4fun

falcon4fun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

... and if wishes were unicorns then we would each have 14,000 ponies.
seriously though, if you guys want releases faster then just build them yourselves. all the sources are available. patches are welcome too.

Yes, I understand, that it's too common and annoying question, but is there any approximate release date? :)

thanks, but I disagree about "perfect performance", which is why I continue to work on it and take time to do so.
also, if you wanted to share, folks here would probably appreciate knowing which tweaks you find useful...

there should be a new rom (with more tweakables :) ) coming fairly soon.

Firstly, processor governor was changed to SmartAssV2 and I/O to SIO.

I used android BAM tweaker and mcTweaker. Tweak files from init.rd and build.prop below, maybe you'll find something useful

Spoiler

Spoiler

As too me, it works some faster. For example, GPU rendering plus Seeder helps with i-face freezing. Or maybe it's my placebo :D
I'll be glad if it helps to smb ;)

P.S. Processor was overclocked to 729 (748 to me sometimes reboots the device on this firmware. Maybe some tweaks lead to this)
zRam was changed to 26%, Enabled dropping actives (I don't know how will be this option in english, but it's in Memory Management tab in Performance).
16-bit transparency was enabled and anti-aliasing was complely disabled.

Edited by falcon4fun, 05 May 2013 - 06:15 PM.

falcon4fun

falcon4fun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

good question.
- format /system
- wipe cache & dalvik cache
- install zips
no need to nuke any of /data.
the first boot after update will still take a long time as all the packages are optimised & caches built.

One our forum mate says, that formating system is useless.
This is the part of script which installs firmware:

package_extract_file("system/bin/backuptool.functions", "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/backuptool.sh");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/tmp/backuptool.functions");
run_program("/tmp/backuptool.sh", "backup");
unmount("/system");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "0", "/system");
mount("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "/system");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");

As we see from here formating system is in this string: format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "0", "/system");

Edited by falcon4fun, 06 May 2013 - 01:19 PM.

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

One our forum mate says, that formating system is useless.
As we see from here formating system is in this string: format("yaffs2", "MTD", "system", "0", "/system");

you are correct. how did I miss that?! thanks.
if you watch "adb logcat" as you boot an updated version then you'll probably find the other wipes aren't needed either.
however, none of it hurts...

falcon4fun

falcon4fun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

you are correct. how did I miss that?! thanks.
if you watch "adb logcat" as you boot an updated version then you'll probably find the other wipes aren't needed either.
however, none of it hurts...

Logcat generates too many of chunk, so it's hard to catch needed information there :) I don't know how to use filters here and don't know what parts of log I need :D
Thank you.

Also we found a problem with the lockscreen. Sometimes system is laging and lockscreen is not responding for 5-15 seconds (as to me) and because of that tablet is going to reboot.
I don't know what is the problem. Previously, I think it's because of overclocking, but today one of 4pda users posted the same message. We are trying to change locksreen to Holo Lockscreen. Maybe it will help us :)

Edited by falcon4fun, 06 May 2013 - 03:13 PM.

PlaguedByPenguins

PlaguedByPenguins

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Firstly, processor governor was changed to SmartAssV2 and I/O to SIO.

echo "1536,3072,4096,38400,40960,43520" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

zRam was changed to 26%, Enabled dropping actives (I don't know how will be this option in english, but it's in Memory Management tab in Performance).
16-bit transparency was enabled and anti-aliasing was complely disabled.

thanks for the list.

that lowmemorykiller line stands out to me as extreme. it's saying you basically only want one big app in memory at any time and tells the OS to quickly kill all the others to keep a lot (~160MB) of ram free. usually this would be insane (free ram is wasted ram) and would mean huge revisited-app slowdowns, but perhaps those lowmemorykiller params actually work ok when used in combination with your (also fairly extreme) zRam setting. interesting :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users