• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

luparu

luparu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Acer S500
OK... so i bought this phone in November and had no problem.
I rooted the CM when the forum topic about rooting was made. All went well but after a while my phone kept powering off . I thought this was a problem with the root/software but it seems it persisted after i upgraded to JB. After i made the JB update, no "power offs" but after i rooted the phone the problem persisted so i thought i should Perma unroot it. Did that but seems the problem persisted. It seems it has something to do with the internet connection or my SIM card. I don't know exactly what is the problem so i am asking if someone has a simmilar problem.

PS. I have to add that after i perma unrooted the CM i did a WIPE. And the "power off" problem hits when i activate my Wireless or my Mobile network connection.

scarba

scarba

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

OK... so i bought this phone in November and had no problem.
I rooted the CM when the forum topic about rooting was made. All went well but after a while my phone kept powering off . I thought this was a problem with the root/software but it seems it persisted after i upgraded to JB. After i made the JB update, no "power offs" but after i rooted the phone the problem persisted so i thought i should Perma unroot it. Did that but seems the problem persisted. It seems it has something to do with the internet connection or my SIM card. I don't know exactly what is the problem so i am asking if someone has a simmilar problem.

PS. I have to add that after i perma unrooted the CM i did a WIPE. And the "power off" problem hits when i activate my Wireless or my Mobile network connection.

Try a fresh flash using acer dt. The problem seems to be from network/wifi drivers. I had it too on ICS, but after JB update all is ok... At least until now ;-)

luparu

luparu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Are you sure this will work.. ? Cause i flashed it ... it seems ok but when i reach a zone where i don't have signal.. it crashes again. And I have to add bluetooth was on. I had stereo hedphones connected.

Edited by luparu, 26 March 2013 - 04:04 PM.

luparu

luparu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Still the same problem after flash... but not that frequent.

scarba

scarba

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Still the same problem after flash... but not that frequent.

I'm starting to have same problem more and more often last days...Can't really figure out why :'(

luparu

luparu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Bump

luparu

luparu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I solved this problem by changing my sim card. Seems like with the new sim the phone works flawless.

scarba

scarba

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

I solved this problem by changing my sim card. Seems like with the new sim the phone works flawless.

I also changed the sim card but after some time the problem persisted so I've installed a process watcher (watchdog) and I discovered that a Linux process (qosmgr) messed up the restarts. It's a network process and after I renamed it to qosmgr.bak the problem was gone. Try the same I did if you still have reboot problems and try to identify the process that drains out your phone and post it here. If you have same process that drains/reboot your phone you need to be rooted to rename that process found in /system/bin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users