Power off problem

Guest luparu

Guest luparu

OK... so i bought this phone in November and had no problem.

I rooted the CM when the forum topic about rooting was made. All went well but after a while my phone kept powering off . I thought this was a problem with the root/software but it seems it persisted after i upgraded to JB. After i made the JB update, no "power offs" but after i rooted the phone the problem persisted so i thought i should Perma unroot it. Did that but seems the problem persisted. It seems it has something to do with the internet connection or my SIM card. I don't know exactly what is the problem so i am asking if someone has a simmilar problem.

PS. I have to add that after i perma unrooted the CM i did a WIPE. And the "power off" problem hits when i activate my Wireless or my Mobile network connection.

Guest scarba
OK... so i bought this phone in November and had no problem.

I rooted the CM when the forum topic about rooting was made. All went well but after a while my phone kept powering off . I thought this was a problem with the root/software but it seems it persisted after i upgraded to JB. After i made the JB update, no "power offs" but after i rooted the phone the problem persisted so i thought i should Perma unroot it. Did that but seems the problem persisted. It seems it has something to do with the internet connection or my SIM card. I don't know exactly what is the problem so i am asking if someone has a simmilar problem.

PS. I have to add that after i perma unrooted the CM i did a WIPE. And the "power off" problem hits when i activate my Wireless or my Mobile network connection.

Try a fresh flash using acer dt. The problem seems to be from network/wifi drivers. I had it too on ICS, but after JB update all is ok... At least until now ;-)

Guest luparu

Are you sure this will work.. ? Cause i flashed it ... it seems ok but when i reach a zone where i don't have signal.. it crashes again. And I have to add bluetooth was on. I had stereo hedphones connected.

Edited by luparu

Guest scarba
Still the same problem after flash... but not that frequent.

I'm starting to have same problem more and more often last days...Can't really figure out why :'(

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest scarba
I solved this problem by changing my sim card. Seems like with the new sim the phone works flawless.

I also changed the sim card but after some time the problem persisted so I've installed a process watcher (watchdog) and I discovered that a Linux process (qosmgr) messed up the restarts. It's a network process and after I renamed it to qosmgr.bak the problem was gone. Try the same I did if you still have reboot problems and try to identify the process that drains out your phone and post it here. If you have same process that drains/reboot your phone you need to be rooted to rename that process found in /system/bin