How to unlock network on G300 running CM9?

Guest Murdouken

Guest Murdouken

Hey.

I just bought a G300 and immediately rooted it and installed this ROM It's my first Android device so I'm probably doing something wrong. It's locked to Vodafone, but I want to use Giffgaff/O2 and so I need to unlock it.

If I were to buy an unlock code, where would I enter it? Since installing CM9 I no longer get the prompt to enter a code to unlock the phone.

Guest plewis1981

I think CM9 opens the phone to all networks, I am sure I read it in a thread somewhere, but can't remember which 1.

Edited by plewis1981

Guest Murdouken

I think CM9 opens the phone to all networks, I am sure I read it in a thread somewhere, but can't remember which 1.

Then I must be having some other problem, because I have my giffgaff sim in the phone and it's definitely installed properly as I imported all my contacts from it, but I'm getting no mobile service.

Guest PCTechRoss

Then I must be having some other problem, because I have my giffgaff sim in the phone and it's definitely installed properly as I imported all my contacts from it, but I'm getting no mobile service.

I Know for sure cm10.1 works with any carrier

Guest irishpancake

I Know for sure cm10.1 works with any carrier

guy is on CM9 :mellow: ....

and he might wanna change rom at some point, so best to network unlock from stock....

apparently only CM10.1 magically/accidentally unlocks network!!!

Guest Murdouken

I installed Stock+ and somehow it magically/accidentally unlocked me. No idea how or why, but it worked.

If I were to move to CM9/10 or some other rom, would it relock?