Asigning my own ring tone

Guest bunnymyhoney

Guest bunnymyhoney

Hey everyone. Now, I could just be being a bit thick, but I upgraded via OTA last week to version 10.1-20130402-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R3.

All is going fine and dandy except when I go to choose a ring tone from my SD card, none can be found. All I am presented with are the system ringtones. Equally, when I launch Apollo, I can find a way to tell it to go check my SD card for tunes.

Am I doing something wrong?

Guest kyan31

A workaround for this is to copy your desired tone to system/media/audio/ringtones, and reboot. Then your tone will show up in the inbuilt ringtones list.

P.s Questions involved with CyanogenMod can be asked in the CyanogenMod section, it keeps the forum less cluttered.

Guest j4r0l

have you tried settings->developer options->lauch tools->media provider->scan sd card??give it a while, then restart apollo..other option is to reboot phone, since media scanner runs at each startup (correct me if i am wrong ;) )

Guest Rico_89

Hey everyone. Now, I could just be being a bit thick, but I upgraded via OTA last week to version 10.1-20130402-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R3.

All is going fine and dandy except when I go to choose a ring tone from my SD card, none can be found. All I am presented with are the system ringtones. Equally, when I launch Apollo, I can find a way to tell it to go check my SD card for tunes.

Am I doing something wrong?

Try this; goto "Storage Settings" and change the "Default Storage Location" to "SD Card".