main differences between ICS and JB?

Guest Wellus

Guest Wellus

Hello, as I see there is many different type of roms, for example i see 3 versions of Cyanogen mod(ICS, JB 4.1.2 and JB 4.2.2) and some with other names? so i was thinking about getting newer one of course, but many people use older ones too, so whats the difference then? why should i use JB 4.1.2 or ICS but not 4.2.2?

Guest Wellus

well i can see there are some differences, like notification bar, lock screen, camera and others, but then whats the difference between ICS and JB, why some people use or another? i just got sick of that stock GB, which sometimes lags for no reason or there are some apps which i don't use and they are on background and i want to install new ROM, so i don't know which one to take, mostly i listen to music on phone or browse internet if there is no access point for laptop i also do play games, tried dungeon defenders but sometimes it lags like hell and sometimes it's good enough, although mostly i play super hexagon or beat hazard(this one got rare lag spikes)

Guest george109

Personally I like Jelly Bean 4.2.2 (CyanogenMod 10.1) as it has a lot of new features, its a lot more stable than the stock ROM and it also looks nicer

Guest Rico_89

what about battery? how much time it will hold? while on heavy use, or for example constantly with music player, or idle?

This is the biggest issue with JB. Battery lasts about half as long as it does on ICS. I just came off of JB because I need better battery life for the next couple of months at least. It is an awesome rom though.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Rico_89

and how much approximately time does your phone last with JB?

Light use with JB has me charging everyday..normal use with ICS can see me through 2 days plus easy.

Guest kyan31

The main difference between ICS and JB are new features like daydream

That's seems like one of the less noticable features actually, some of the biggest features would be:

• Google Now
  • Project butter
  • New camera - photoshere etc
  • New gallery features
  • New notification toggles - quick tiles
  • The notification bar can now show more info compared to ics, and it even allows you to do things without opening the notification such as delete/archive etc.
  • The notification area estimates the download time and shows you how many seconds remaining
  • LOTS MORE!

Guest Rico_89

then i guess for me it will be battery life vs features

You could try it out for a few days to see if you like JB. Make a nandroid backup of where you are now and then you can get back to your current rom in a few minutes, if you don't like any of the newer roms. I was only going to stay with JB 4.22 for a week max but ended up using it for more six weeks and I luved it.

And for me the lock screen was the best new feature of JB. You literally never need to unlock your phone lol.. You can have all your notification toggles, text, email, calender and weather all displayed on your lock screen. I really miss that feature now I'm back on ICS.

Guest Wellus

Ok i will try :) and i guess i can say goodbye for my warranty, but so far didn't saw any issues with phone, except that stock GB which sometimes lags and bloatware running on background which i don't use.

Guest george109

If you want to send it back you can do a force update with an update.app which overwrites everything including recovery and revert the phone to the stock ROM.

All you need to do is download the latest factory ROM from Huawei and extract the zip to the SD card and then turn on the phone while holding volume up and down at the same time.

Guest Wellus

so stock rom from huawei will not void my warranty(well obviously it shouldn't i guess, because it is from my phone manufacturer)? because now i am sitting with my GB, i found stock ICS at huawei but i need to get my GB updated, because it requires 9xx version(don't remember which one) and i have B885(no chance to update via OTA in my country i guess)

Guest george109

so stock rom from huawei will not void my warranty(well obviously it shouldn't i guess, because it is from my phone manufacturer)? because now i am sitting with my GB, i found stock ICS at huawei but i need to get my GB updated, because it requires 9xx version(don't remember which one) and i have B885(no chance to update via OTA in my country i guess)

Do you mean the baseband? or the Stock ROM version?

Also, I would recommend a Custom ROM as no updates are available, Personally I would recommend CyanogenMod 10.1 for Jelly Bean or Lightning or CyanogenMod 9.1 for Ice Cream Sandwich. If you want to find out more, look at the stickies, for the explained like you're 5