[JB][CM10.1]★Electra ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300★ ✰UPDATED 02/05/2013✰ ★V3★

Guest kyan31

Guest AussieExpat

I've been pretty bored over the past hour, so I decided to do a little Electra rebasing :)

I have probably rebased about 70% now, and everything is just awesome. Theres lots of free ram at boot (200MB) and the UI is super smooth. I'm loving this!

post-969101-0-96014800-1367187271_thumb.post-969101-0-39713200-1367187275_thumb.post-969101-0-10255800-1367187274_thumb.post-969101-0-83076800-1367187267_thumb.

All I need to do now is:

• Update clock
  • Center clock
  • Make tiles 4 rowed
  • Add multiuser
  • change a few UI elements
  • Some other stuff

Oh, and on another note, I found a easter egg in CM10.1 :)

Go to the calculator, turn it landscape, slide to the left, and click the 'easter egg'. You'll be greeted with a cool Pokemon popup toast!

Congratulations!!!!

Truly, marvelous work, as usual :)

Now, about that settings.apk file?

will upgrading to your forthcoming R4 fix that?

Sadly, when I tried the Easter egg, I saw it, but got the error message:

"Magikarp used Splash but nothing happened."

Edited by AussieExpat

Guest AussieExpat

Update! Update! :)

In V3 can we expect Aroma installer?

cool idea (maybe, if I knew more) -- could you give me a link on how to use rar files to install (for us noobs)

Guest kyan31

Sadly, when I tried the Easter egg, I saw it, but got the error message:

"Magikarp used Splash but nothing happened."

Why "Sadly"? That is whats supposed to happen :P

Now, about that settings.apk file?

will upgrading to your forthcoming R4 fix that?

I have no idea what you even mean, what problem does it have in the first place?

Guest jpmagalhaes

Kyan, could you please update just the files in the recent CM release, so we can, hopefully, get the network drop issue fixed?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since this one is not multibaseband, we should be fine, right?

Thanks in advance.

Guest kyan31
Kyan, could you please update just the files in the recent CM release, so we can, hopefully, get the network drop issue fixed?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since this one is not multibaseband, we should be fine, right?

Thanks in advance.

I'm completely rebasing Electra to CMR4, so don't worry.

Guest Tentmaster

Kyan, will you be incorporating all the current add-ons & tweaks into the new V3?

Edited by Tentmaster

Guest AussieExpat

Why "Sadly"? That is whats supposed to happen :P

I have no idea what you even mean, what problem does it have in the first place?

With people at least semi-seriously suggesting Thunderbold as the name for the next ROM I thought I was missing some more "serious" event, but of course it's just a play on words.

The second issue concerns my system having probs following an install / uninstall of GO Launcher, that several other people have had, that I think someone linked to a problem with the settings.apk file BUT maybe I'm mistakenly blurring two unrelated issues in (desperate) search for an answer to my problem with, yes, Google Search crashing at "random" (seemingly, but truly, as depicted in the screenshot I sent) and for which there hasn't been a submission of a new settings.apk (with the graphic file missing as a result of the "interference" of GO Launcher) -- but as you know, for now, I've gone from using Electra to CM10.1R4, pending the release of the rebased Electra, using a slightly different install procedure

http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/install-the-custom-rom/

Incidentally, -- you do realise the procedure linked to above for installing a new JB ROM for upgraders is slightly different from yours? not sure about the significance of the differences.

Guest jpmagalhaes

I don't mean to be a pain in the ass, but i suppose that's going to take a while, isn't it?

I'm not trying to hurry you or something, it's just that I really like your rom, but the network drops make it unusable for me, and if it takes a while, I'd rather try CM 10.1 until yours is ready. :)

Guest bigblack66

@AussieExpat

the patch for go launcher was released 3 days ago on the first site of this thread...

Edited by bigblack66

Guest AussieExpat

@AussieExpat

the patch for go launcher was released 3 days ago on the first site of this thread...

Many thanks, sorry I missed it -- with over 30 pages of this topic (and over 110 for CM10.1) I sometimes forget to check the first page, darn it!!

:o :D

Guest kyan31

I don't mean to be a pain in the ass, but i suppose that's going to take a while, isn't it?

I'm not trying to hurry you or something, it's just that I really like your rom, but the network drops make it unusable for me, and if it takes a while, I'd rather try CM 10.1 until yours is ready. smile.png

It will only take a day or two, it's fine.

Guest kyan31

Incidentally, -- you do realise the procedure linked to above for installing a new JB ROM for upgraders is slightly different from yours? not sure about the significance of the differences.

The method I have posted is completely correct, it contains all the wipes actually needed without any placebo wipes.

Guest AussieExpat

The method I have posted is completely correct, it contains all the wipes actually needed without any placebo wipes.

thanks for clarifying -- the criticism has been made of some that they're not doing "full wipes", best to be sure

Guest soul_0830

Hi kyan31,

Like the electra rom a lot. Like the tweaks and mods that you have implemented.

I was reading the thread and saw that many have complained network issues with 2g/3g on CM10.1.

I too had this problem before I officially unlocked my bootloader. Now I can use CM10.1 without network & reboot isssues.

More on official bootloader unlock can be found on modaco G300 forums. Hope this helps someone out there.

Guest bigblack66

I was reading the thread and saw that many have complained network issues with 2g/3g on CM10.1.

I too had this problem before I officially unlocked my bootloader. Now I can use CM10.1 without network & reboot isssues.

More on official bootloader unlock can be found on modaco G300 forums. Hope this helps someone out there.

i have read some threads about unlock the bootloader, have an email to huawei for unlock code, so far no answer...

but i read you must go first goback to ICS and install the oficially update.app. can i do this with CWM (have 6.0.2.7) or what files i need for my 8815?

Guest predragiPredrag

i have read some threads about unlock the bootloader, have an email to huawei for unlock code, so far no answer...

but i read you must go first goback to ICS and install the oficially update.app. can i do this with CWM (have 6.0.2.7) or what files i need for my 8815?

As I remember from manual on Huawei site, you should format your SD card and put on it update.app. Switch of your phone, insert SD card with update and turn it on while holding for several sec volume up + volume down + power buttons. Huawei software update screen should appear :)

Check this steps on huawei site, just to be sure!!

And got again to the thread about unlocking bootloader, and send again mail to Huawei using template that is posted in thread :)

Edited by predragiPredrag

Guest AussieExpat

As I remember from manual on Huawei site, you should format your SD card and put on it update.app. Switch of your phone, insert SD card with update and turn it on while holding for several sec volume up + volume down + power buttons. Huawei software update screen should appear :)

Check this steps on huawei site, just to be sure!!

And got again to the thread about unlocking bootloader, and send again mail to Huawei using template that is posted in thread :)

this is getting confusing -- there are postings on both the Electra and CM10.1 sifes at the "same" time

it seems to be dependent on a number of steps -- perhaps crucial is giving Huawei the "correct" IMEI number

using B952 as the recovery (does that sound right?)

and one of the "final" steps is using the "right" version of GAPPS if one is going back to a previous version, so you can officially unlock the bootloader -- it seems there are probably less than a handful of people who REALLY know the correct procedure, and if you're interested in using an "unofficial" ROM like CM10.1 or Electra, I don't think we can rely too much on what's on Huawei's site -- that's for the early stages only -- I don't think the update.app does much apart from checking before and after if one has "officially" unlocked the bootloader -- hopefully a boffin can provide more guidance soon -- I can't see such crucial developments occurring in Electra until they're resolved in its base CM10.1 -- I'm holding off even reading more about it till then, for now that seems safest, to me.