BOOTLOADER SAN DIEGO UNLOCK, HELP :(

Guest Visham25

Guest Visham25

Hi peops, I have a Motorola atrix and unlocking the boot loader was soo easy, all I had to do was type in fastboot 'fastboot oem unlock' and id be given a number to enter like this 'fastboot oem unlock 123456789' I tried do it to the san diego but it kept sayin unknown oem command or something like that, I hope this brings us a step closer to unlocking the san diegos bootloader.

Guest i am not a hacker

I highly doubt you can use something as simple as that on our device. But there MAY be a command similar which would work in a similar way, but again, I highly doubt it.

I don't think we will ever get this bootloader unlocked.

Edited by i am not a hacker

Guest shootomanUK

if we had the bootloader unlocking key the command would probably be:

fastboot -i 0x8087 oem unlock 0xKEY

where KEY is the unlock boot loader key

Guest Visham25

if we had the bootloader unlocking key the command would probably be:

fastboot -i 0x8087 oem unlock 0xKEY

where KEY is the unlock boot loader key

on my atrix I had to flash a sbf file on a program called rsd lite and then go to cmd and enter 'fastboot -i 0x8087 oem unlock' then it was unlocked

Guest glossywhite

Isn't there any software that could unlock the bootloader?

If there was, I think there's a good chance it would have been done by now :P

Edited by glossywhite

Guest Visham25

If there was, I think there's a good chance it would have been done by now :P

If we downgrade to gingerbread, wont it be easier somehow

Guest Ribs85

There MUST be a fastboot command that will unlock the bootloader on our phone, maybe 'fastboot -i 0x8087 oem unlock'

Why "MUST" there be a fastboot command to unlock the bootloader?

The bootloader for the San Diego is locked, and it's staying that way. It's very secure and has been done like that through design. I highly doubt there is a simple fastboot command to unlock it. A developer version of the phone (if such a thing exists) would probably have a unlocked bootloader... maybe.

Unless someone finds a security exploit, the bootloader is staying locked forever. I don't think anyone is working on an exploit.

No.

If we downgrade to gingerbread, wont it be easier somehow

No.

The underlying Android OS has little to do with the bootloader being locked. You could be running 1.5, and the bootloader will be still locked.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this has been talked about to death. Bootloader is locked and staying that way, and that's not going to change. No way, no how.

Edited by Ribs85

Guest glossywhite

The bootloader for the San Diego is locked, and it's staying that way. It's very secure and has been done like that through design. I highly doubt there is a simple fastboot command to unlock it. A developer version of the phone (if such a thing exists) would probably have a unlocked bootloader... maybe.

Unless someone finds a security exploit, the bootloader is staying locked forever. I don't think anyone is working on an exploit.

No.

No.

The underlying Android OS has little to do with the bootloader being locked. You could be running 1.5, and the bootloader will be still locked.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this has been talked about to death. Bootloader is locked and staying that way, and that's not going to change. No way, no how.

He's enthusiastic - gosh - was there any need to be so blunt?

You are entitled to be a defeatist, but don't expect it to rub off on everyone else. If someone has locked it, someone equally as or more clever can UNlock it. It's not a free energy machine, it's code - written by humans - who make mistakes, IE exploits.

You remind me of the washing machine engineer who "guaranteed" me that there was NO WAY in the world the insurance would replace our washing machine, because HE said so... and guess what? They replaced it. Then there was the Orange CS managers who guaranteed me Orange would NOT replace my phone, and would "repair" it, and again - guess what? Not ONLY did they replace it, they then refunded me the whole amount AND let me keep it.

Then again, I recall back in the very early 2000's when they were trying to crack the algorithm for Nokia DCT3 unlocking code generators, and the general feeling, oddly, even though DCT4 algo had been discovered, was that DCT3 (which was older - think 3310) didn't use an algorithm and "would never be cracked"... and guess what? Predictably, it was cracked.

So, my point is this - you base "never EVER" comments on your own personal opinion - doesn't make it fact :)

Take care.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

I would of thought this all obvious if one where to read pauls topic, as said above, this has been talked about to the death: http://www.modaco.co...aying-that-way/

It will stay locked until it is unlocked; that is what's obvious ;)

It's always amusing how people think that something is set in stone, then everyone else follows like sheep and resigns to that notion, when all it takes is for some clever person (no, I'm not saying me) or group to come along and notice something noone else saw, and suddenly it's a new story

Edited by glossywhite

Guest BlueMoonRising

No.

No.

Spot on. Sadly... :(

Guest BlueMoonRising

Actually I believe there is, unfortunately it's in the hands of Intel and they're not playing ball.

Although they may just use software to sign new roms rather than unlock previous ones but in the long run it's the same difference.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...