HTC One Miracast not working PTV3000

Guest giotecno

Guest giotecno

Coming from a Xperia Z which worked perfectly with the PTV3000. CAnt get HTC one to connect. I heard on twitter Paul O'Brien got it working so I thought I post this here to see if I can get some help. I don't want to pay for another device such as HTC media HD dongle, seen as I already have a miracast compatible device and dongle. Any help will be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ghost O

Coming from a Xperia Z which worked perfectly with the PTV3000. CAnt get HTC one to connect. I heard on twitter Paul O'Brien got it working so I thought I post this here to see if I can get some help. I don't want to pay for another device such as HTC media HD dongle, seen as I already have a miracast compatible device and dongle. Any help will be appreciated.

I just upgraded the firmware on my PTV3000 and it started showing up as visible to the phone, which is good. Coming from the Nexus4 where it worked rock solid, all I can say is that it has a long way to go. Everytime I start Netflix, HBOGo, etc - it fails, and only a phone reboot recovers the ability to miracast again. Hopefully when the 4.2 updates come out, the miracast support will be improved along with it since it will be up to the N4 version then.

This is making me keep my N4 to just watch Netflix, etc in my hotel rooms. Pretty shitty to have to use my One as an AP, so my N4 and PTV3000 can watch TV :)