55 replies to this topic

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart 4 mini

... I made a hasty purchase on the website for £130 + £0 topup.

Please let us know your impressions. Today the price is £180 on Vodafone's website, but I did find it for £155 in a store. Won't buy, if at all, until I have got rid of my second OMC.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog. [Hitchhiker's guide to the gallery: Douglas Adams]

Badinternet.jpg

Andymac1969

Andymac1969

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Devices:LG G2, Moto G

Please let us know your impressions. Today the price is £180 on Vodafone's website, but I did find it for £155 in a store. Won't buy, if at all, until I have got rid of my second OMC.

Where the hell are you looking????? It has been £130 on the Vodafone UK website since Monday :wacko:

Attached Files

Andymac1969

Andymac1969

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
Just spoke to Vodafone and this DOES NOT have Gorilla Glass or a scratch resistant display, well that's what they say, so maybe it does lol

Update

Just like I thought, they know nothing useless idiots, off the Huawei website "Big 4.5" screen, slim design and protected by tough Gorilla Glass."

No wonder I call them "VODACRAP"

Edited by Andymac1969, 18 April 2013 - 06:18 PM.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts
Eurodroid have one of these and they just tweeted this photo that was taken with the G510 camera. Looks really good! https://twitter.com/...5824386/photo/1

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Where the hell are you looking????? It has been £130 on the Vodafone UK website since Monday :wacko:

It's my crap eyesight. Sometimes 3s look like 8s.

@Andymac, none of the staff in any of the mobile phone shops knows diddly squat. New stock comes in and just gets locked into a cupboard. You really have to prompt staff to check.

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog. [Hitchhiker's guide to the gallery: Douglas Adams]

Badinternet.jpg

Andymac1969

Andymac1969

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

It's my crap eyesight. Sometimes 3s look like 8s.

@Andymac, none of the staff in any of the mobile phone shops knows diddly squat. New stock comes in and just gets locked into a cupboard. You really have to prompt staff to check.

No problem, i'll troop into the local shop tomorrow and see what they say, Vodafone do not inspire me with confidence :unsure:

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

Good paul obrien, I wanted to ask you a question, I am a fan of yours for your roms Mobile and wanted to know if for Huawei G510 MoDaCo rom will have some available in the future? for the version of qualcomm? a hug

Not planned at this stage!

Well the price has gone up to £150. I dropped into the Vodafone stand at Victoria Station this morning where they had stocks of the phone and the price at the till was not £130. I said it was £130 on the website, but the salesman - without checking - said that was a 'release' price. I declined.

Strange, at least it's still £130 on the website!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
This is the service I used to unlock mine!

http://www.modaco.co...s-request-here/

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts
Custom ROMs.. well I know Sebastian404 bought one so he may knock out a custom recovery for the device (hint hint). Maybe a debranded ROM to get the ball rolling.

And I'm tempted to get one myself. Not promising anything though ;)

KenBW2

KenBW2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300 & G510, ZTE Blade

Custom ROMs.. well I know Sebastian404 bought one so he may knock out a custom recovery for the device (hint hint). Maybe a debranded ROM to get the ball rolling.

And I'm tempted to get one myself. Not promising anything though ;)

That would be golden. I've played with my newly arrived one and I'm finding myself fighting through Huawei's, and then Vodafone's crapware. I just want AOSP :)

Huawei Y 300 Stock 4.1 + Root Tweaks > FusionX > CM10 > CM10.1 > CM10.2 > CM11 | Clockwork Recovery
Huawei Y 300 Stock 4.1 > CM 10.1 Sisco 1.0 kernel > TouchMeZ v1.4.1 > b190 Firmware Update > CM10.1 | TWRP Recovery
Huawei G510 Stock 4.1 > TouchMe v7 + AOSP Mod
Z.T.E. Blade TFT Stock 2.1 > CM7 > [GEN1>GEN2] > Ginger Stir Fry 9 > Blue Ginger V2 > [GEN2 > GEN3] > CM9 Alpha 5 > Simple Stir Fry Lite b27 > CM9 ColdFusionX 28/02/12 > KonstaT's CM10 > KonstaT's CM10.1 | Clockwork 5.0.2.0
Z.T.E. Blade OLED Stock 2.1 > JJ RLS5 > CM7 RC1 > Ippe H's Honeycomb A5 > Finnish Fillyjonk RLS6 > CM7 RC1 > Stock 2.1 | Clockwork 2.5.1.8 > 3.0.0.5
ZTE Blade TFT Stock 2.1 > MCR r3 | Clockwork 2.5.1.3 (
Replaced)
T-Mobile Pulse (Lots) > FLB2 > CM7 > CM6.1, Clockwork Recovery

Voxpop2011

Voxpop2011

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Not sure that I have the nerve for 'customisations' and will just use a launcher to change the look and reinstall the Market apps I already have.

Badinternet.jpg

Sere83

Sere83

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
Meh, decent for the price but any MTK MT6589 with SGX 544MP3 will eat this for breakfast. Might as well spend a touch more and get a Jiayu G4 when it drops or an iOcean X7 or Neo N3.

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Devices:lots of them
  • Twitter:@sebastian404

I've requested the bootloader unlock from Huawei, but yeah I had intended to build a custom recovery and debranded ROM since I (personaly) hate all the emotion UI stuff.

Our Spanish friends have already built some custom recoveries and roms...

having to unlock the bootloader might slow down the custom rom scene tho..

asturf3nix

asturf3nix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
in Spain the characteristics of the g510-0200 / orange Dayitona are these:Posted Image

pearsonian

pearsonian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
with reference to sere 83s comments i have noticed alot of these weird named china phones on the net with amazing specs,does anyone have any experience with them,theres alot fo them on you tube including goophone i9 which has amazing specs,and if good what is a trustworth website to order from.If this message is in the wrong location i dont have a problem posting it somewhere else on the site.

thankyou.

PCTechRoss

PCTechRoss

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Mobile Phones, Game Development
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 4G

Interesting, what was wrong with official ICS?

ohh god.. so much

Check out Blooops & Sam Adventures

1a2dad00f5.png0b2f5277f1.png

Click the icon

KenBW2

KenBW2

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Y300 & G510, ZTE Blade

Ask them here before our review!

Is this still on its way?

Huawei Y 300 Stock 4.1 + Root Tweaks > FusionX > CM10 > CM10.1 > CM10.2 > CM11 | Clockwork Recovery
Huawei Y 300 Stock 4.1 > CM 10.1 Sisco 1.0 kernel > TouchMeZ v1.4.1 > b190 Firmware Update > CM10.1 | TWRP Recovery
Huawei G510 Stock 4.1 > TouchMe v7 + AOSP Mod
Z.T.E. Blade TFT Stock 2.1 > CM7 > [GEN1>GEN2] > Ginger Stir Fry 9 > Blue Ginger V2 > [GEN2 > GEN3] > CM9 Alpha 5 > Simple Stir Fry Lite b27 > CM9 ColdFusionX 28/02/12 > KonstaT's CM10 > KonstaT's CM10.1 | Clockwork 5.0.2.0
Z.T.E. Blade OLED Stock 2.1 > JJ RLS5 > CM7 RC1 > Ippe H's Honeycomb A5 > Finnish Fillyjonk RLS6 > CM7 RC1 > Stock 2.1 | Clockwork 2.5.1.8 > 3.0.0.5
ZTE Blade TFT Stock 2.1 > MCR r3 | Clockwork 2.5.1.3 (
Replaced)
T-Mobile Pulse (Lots) > FLB2 > CM7 > CM6.1, Clockwork Recovery

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,369 posts
Yup!

P

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users