Cm 10.1 for acer liquid metal it is possible

Guest stiwyfigfexx

Guest stiwyfigfexx
already :P but it needs new fields, so that using cm9 one, which is just extended cm7 apn.wrong. I'm thinking of every variant here and there.

and if you use the apn of another acer cm9 with cm9?

Guest Lens_flare
and if you use the apn of another acer cm9 with cm9?
useless, they are the same. Especially as liquid E has opensource ril which work out-of-the-box(or at last should).

Guest stiwyfigfexx
useless, they are the same. Especially as liquid E has opensource ril which work out-of-the-box(or at last should).
:angry::angry: and what might be causing the error?

Guest Lens_flare
and what might be causing the error?
kernel or qualcomm-acer ril libs or binaries like netmgrd and qmuxd. Seems framework is ok. I should remind you a one way solving data problem: send AT command to baseband while connecting to data in libril. But you need opensource libril first.

Guest guido89
already :P but it needs new fields, so that using cm9 one, which is just extended cm7 apn.wrong. I'm thinking of every variant here and there.

I know lense, i was sarcastic...(-> -.-) i ve followed all the LM modding since the start of it...i even remember when u came to us with the lights of the promise of cm...

Guest stiwyfigfexx
kernel or qualcomm-acer ril libs or binaries like netmgrd and qmuxd. Seems framework is ok. I should remind you a one way solving data problem: send AT command to baseband while connecting to data in libril. But you need opensource libril first.

I know lense, i was sarcastic...(-> -.-) i ve followed all the LM modding since the start of it...i even remember when u came to us with the lights of the promise of cm...

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Guest drmad

Can you explain this passage? How is it done? Thanks

Guest Lens_flare
Can you explain this passage? How is it done?
there is a method in libril, which pushes data from framework to structure, which then would be sent to proprietary ril. It usually named as framework one. For data connection it is named like dispatchsetupdatacall. There you should open AT commands port like any other file, form AT command from data you got from RIL, and write it to port. That is, command would be processed by kernel, then baseband and you'll receive an answer, then you should call answer method, something like responsedatacall and see framework eats that and connecting to data for you. you could see how it's done for available networks request by dzo here.The main problem is, acer uses modified libril which isn't comply one from cm7.

Guest Lens_flare
means that we can manually send commands to the modem to create the data connection (manually)?
yea. If you really followed my work, you should know that I have suggested this way in past on cm9 thread. Edited by Lens_flare

Guest drmad

yes,i remember something, but I did not realize, only now I understand what you say.

in practice, how do you? by sending the commands from the terminal?

Guest Lens_flare
in practice, how do you? by sending the commands from the terminal?
uhm terminal.. not the best way though, but at last you might test something from it. AT command is a sequence of AT + some symbols that are needed by command syntax. To send something I bet you need to do the following in terminal:

$su

#echo [AT command you want] > /dev/smd[number of port for AT command sending, also may be tty with number instead]

Actually I meant bypassing proprietary algos in libril.so.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest drmad

I'll try something in adb ... I'll inform you how it goes ..

but if we can create the connection manually we can create a script to connect?

Guest Lens_flare
I'll try something in adb ... I'll inform you how it goes ..

be careful, AT commands are lowlevel interface for baseband, error on syntax might lead to baseband brick.
but if we can create the connection manually we can create a script to connect?
the main problem is that framework won't be notified you have issued script so won't show up a 3g icon or control traffic. Also, different operators need different apn which would be a part of AT command.

Guest drmad

be careful, AT commands are lowlevel interface for baseband, error on syntax might lead to baseband brick. the main problem is that framework won't be notified you have issued script so won't show up a 3g icon or control traffic. Also, different operators need different apn which would be a part of AT command.

baseband brick? is so risky? :angry:

you could write the exact command to test the connection? In order to make copy and paste! :P

Guest Lens_flare
baseband brick? is so risky? :angry:

possibly.

you could write the exact command to test the connection? In order to make copy and paste! :P

If only I knew..

Guest drmad

I thought you had already tried.

You have no idea what syntax you could try? Less risk if you tell me that you rather do my own thing.

If you have time, you tell me and I will try

If i brick baseband I'll have to buy samsung ace where there are a lot of rom! lol ! :D

Guest Lens_flare
I thought you had already tried.

just delayed a trial till source arrival..

You have no idea what syntax you could try? Less risk if you tell me that you rather do my own thing.

remember that I'm also could be wrong :P

There should be AT commands set for qualcomm basebands. One of the gobi series is used here (there was a service manual for our device containing this info but I forgot where). I've no idea how the syntax would look like.

Guest Lens_flare
do u have brick ur metal doing this test? :)
nop, that was wrong AMSS, which is, as I realized after, is MORE than baseband firmware..