Cm 10.1 for acer liquid metal it is possible

Guest stiwyfigfexx

Guest AleJet

the only thing that really does exist is cm9. Nobody still tried cm10 one, partially coz of me :P (read thread). to learn more about development and stuff on cm, read this http://wiki.cyanogen...g/w/Development, when that knowledge base didn't exist I used one of the guides they listed in device section, for example this one http://wiki.cyanogen...uild_for_maguro. For device tree of cm9 use my github https://github.com/N..._device_acer_a4, it does have some instructions to get you started. Also possibly you'll need gingerbread source, as porting would start here.

I maybe have a solution for camera problem(at last we'd get more here), but it needs porting one little lib - libskiagl.so. The main problem is, it is written for gb, and skia API changed, so it should be actually rewritten to comply both worlds - serve damn acer libcamera.so and be compatible with ics. Unfortunately I have no time and device to do so.

Thanks Lens, I'm reading the guides and in the meanwhile I'm installing Ubuntu and all the programs on a VirtualM. I'm starting from the beginning and giving a look also to programming languages, but I'm quick learning ;)..or at least I hope so XD

About the conversion of the libskiagl.so, you want to find a way to 'convert' directly the old API in the new ICS API trough the libskiagl.so...have I understood right? I will give a look to these 2 libs, but I'm sure that I won't understand anything now :P

EDIT: In fact there is nothing to see in the .so, obviously they are compiled lib....... :blush:..how is it possible to make that link between API directly on binary files????

EDIT 2: I can't understand one thing. Why it is not possible to take the not working lib from a comparable device with the same camera module? is it related to the fact that to compile the driver in the right way it is necessary that also the Cpu/gpu chip are the same of the Metal to do it successfully?

Edited by AleJet

Guest Lens_flare
About the conversion of the libskiagl.so, you want to find a way to 'convert' directly the old API in the new ICS API trough the libskiagl.so...have I understood right?

you need to port gingerbread libskiagl lib to ics which doesn't have it. But ics does have different libskia, which is now got hardware acceleration support so all the api were rewritten, hence we can't just put gb lib to ics.

In fact there is nothing to see in the .so, obviously they are compiled lib....... :blush:..how is it possible to make that link between API directly on binary files????

use source, Luke :P

I can't understand one thing. Why it is not possible to take the not working lib from a comparable device with the same camera module? is it related to the fact that to compile the driver in the right way it is necessary that also the Cpu/gpu chip are the same of the Metal to do it successfully?

nearest devices have incompatible with our libs. Desire z for example has 2.2 camera hal, as well as huawei ideos x5. We have caf gb camera hal, which is quite proprietary. We also have 2.2 hal, but it needs kernel mods to make it work at last on gb.

Edited by Lens_flare

Guest AleJet

you need to port gingerbread libskiagl lib to ics which doesn't have it. But ics does have different libskia, which is now got hardware acceleration support so all the api were rewritten, hence we can't just put gb lib to ics.

use source, Luke :P

nearest devices have incompatible with our libs. Desire z for example has 2.2 camera hal, as well as huawei ideos x5. We have caf gb camera hal, which is quite proprietary. We also have 2.2 hal, but it needs kernel mods to make it work at last on gb.

I will try, Obi, but... :blink: this means you should know how the acer camera hal works, otherwise how can you modify the libcamera???

maybe I'm saying something stupid (I'm absolutely not an expert :P), but then it s also required that there should be a sort of correspondence between the new API and the old one..

Guest Lens_flare
maybe I'm saying something stupid (I'm absolutely not an expert :P), but then it s also required that there should be a sort of correspondence between the new API and the old one..

we are modifying near the libcamera components as aforementioned is proprietary. Also there are some opensource libcamera implementations we may use. Also logcat is great to dig into some proprietary crap if they were stupid enough to leave logs on it :P
it is, but for example they may add one argument to the method, or even redefine it. In case of adding system-wide hardware acceleration support and has been almost fully rewritten. Edited by Lens_flare

Guest Dart_Zlobus

Do you think it cost to rebuild the kernel, replacing the library of Acer's library aosp (with the appropriate sauce) and everything will work? Then maybe should decide, and with modifications to the camera. Linux kernel in version 3 can help us?

Guest Lens_flare

Dart_Zlobus

there's lesser chance that with ported 3.0 kernel data and camera will work. I more rely on libril mod, which for now is proprietary and can't be changed to AOSP that easily.

Guest Dart_Zlobus

I thought only the manufacturer can not change the library, aosp adroyda same source, which can be changed as you please?)

Guest Lens_flare
I thought only the manufacturer can not change the library, aosp adroyda same source,

that's great and powerful acer bro :D

which can be changed as you please?)

I've no time to work on MT,even if it wasn't dead.

Guest drmad

I bet there is a problem in proprietary part/kernel to bypass proprietary you'd need to send AT command somehow.

but you said that the tests with AT commands that I was doing were useless and I stopped it ... :(

Guest Lens_flare

but you said that the tests with AT commands that I was doing were useless and I stopped it ... :(

sure. The only one cmd should be applied. And as we seen, it should be applied from libril, not from terminal. That's why we stopped: libril is proprietary..

Guest drmad

I do not know if I understand correctly: to bypass proprietary part/kernel we have to give AT commans directly to libril? how do you?

You said that there are two devices that have access to at commands, we have activated the modem through usb_rmnet? How do we give orders to the other device (other rmnet)? Has any idea?

Thanks again for your help and endless patience!

Guest Dart_Zlobus

Perhaps it is time to look for the kernel guru to be modified to pass AT commands directly through it, as well it would be a good idea to look for solutions to the camera.

Guest drmad

>In our community there seems no kernel guru, then waiting to find one we were looking for alternative solutions for fix data.

Guest Dart_Zlobus

http://habrahabr.ru/post/185012/

Maybe we should try to get around ril Library, addressed directly to the command parser to reel demon, and then, if successful, result not think about how to change or create a ril Library.Eto also possible in the future to raise the modem and CM 10))

Guest Lens_flare

Dart_Zlobus

давайте раз и навсегда объясню: нужна опенсурсная libril, для посылки AT команды с нее напрямую, минуя проприетарную хрень что наплодили асер с квалком. У асера она закрытая, вот если кто найдет открытый аналог - дело другое. Схему RIL итак знаю - все упирается в проприетарку/ядро.

Perhaps it is time to look for the kernel guru to be modified to pass AT commands directly through it, as well it would be a good idea to look for solutions to the camera.

directly? Do you want uncontrolled invisible connection? I don't think so. Another time: there's lesser chance that it's kernel - more possibly it's a deal of libraries.

Guest Dart_Zlobus

Ironically, one of the forums on HTC saw a simple but oddly enough work for them to take the decision-Library 2.3, added a new source of androyd 4 and it worked! O_o Yes, on one of the links above described establishment of a library, I'm looking for a ready and open, but I'm afraid that the best option, write it yourself)

Guest Lens_flare
one of the forums on HTC saw a simple but oddly enough work for them to take the decision-Library 2.3, added a new source of androyd 4 and it worked! O_o
we may achieve something like that? I've already described what's needed. Edited by Lens_flare

Guest Dart_Zlobus

http://www.gitorious.net/android-on-freerunner/platform_hardware_ril/blobs/479a7fab26c78b33dd962a03694c58bfa3e7b045/rild/Android.mk

http://87.238.52.168/linux-on-qualcomm-s-msm/android-htc-ril/blobs/00f06fc3fdb05d4276e76091cacb42b6f6862222/rild/rild.c

http://www.netmite.com/android/mydroid/hardware/ril/rild/rild.c

https://github.com/plattypus/Android-4.0.1_r1.0/blob/master/hardware/ril/rild/rild.c

The insides of the library) They all have an open litsenziyu.Odin of the answers to my log-Yes, your Rild not loaded. Make sure you copy your changes 2.3.7 init.rc or device *. RC file and set the initial class into the new format ICS and JB use.probably it will give some mysli.I still running into constant references to some libreference-ril.so.Probably this is the open library, which said Obektiv.Nadeyus least part of the benefit to our developers, and correct me if this is not what you need)