• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

66yyhhnn66

66yyhhnn66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:G300
I've been running Infusion B06 for a few good months,and now it has become laggy/sluggish + random crashes. The battery life on this ROM is very good for me (as a side-note)
What ROM do you now recommand,in terms of smoothness and battery life?
Waiting for your responses.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
Seriously? Another pointless thread about something that can't even be decided in the end :mellow:

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

Rydlis

Rydlis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Theming Android&Linux
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@DavidRejdl
It depend on what you think is important, battery life, performance, if the rom is bugless... Some official ROM is bugless and don't drain battery/Official builds are (usually) slow, CM.... I think CM has best performance, good base Rom, but drain battery (but who said we cant use init.d tweaks to reduce it, huh? :D )

Edited by Rydlis, 19 April 2013 - 06:48 PM.

lewispaul9

lewispaul9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300
  • Twitter:@lewis_paulhart

Seriously? Another pointless thread about something that can't even be decided in the end :mellow:

That's a bit irrelevant... all he did was ask a simple question, for people to reply, so he can choose from their opinions.

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Twitter:@y4s1nne
try Slim rom or baidu

Edited by y4ss1n, 19 April 2013 - 07:52 PM.

jamie_w

jamie_w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
One of the best roms is Stock+ (ics) by cyda for battery life, no lag etc. But for me once the few bugs have been ironed out JB is the best ( but with poor battery ).

george109

george109

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Tech and Canoeing
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 - GT-I9505
CyanogenMod, 9 if you want Ice Cream Sandwich (Like the latest Huawei One, but SO much better :) )
Electra, if you want Jelly Bean. (the latest version of android) Lots of new features like Google Now, and it is also based on CM10.1 with a lot of amazing improvements. But battery is not as good.

Edited by george109, 19 April 2013 - 08:27 PM.

Hello. I have an S4 now, and I hardly ever use MoDaCo now. 

Therefore you will receive no replies to any PMs

Please post in the forum instead. You will get more help there :)

:excl:A WARNING TO ALL G300 OWNERS! Please Read! (The Flash Memory Problem!) :excl:

Tutorial: How To (Officially) Unlock Your Bootloader! (The long way, but which definitely works)

Please, Do not use the HuaweiG300.com Tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader, it is better to unlock it officially with my tutorial!

Spoiler

My Device:

Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) - Sold!

Samsung Galaxy S4 (Black) - The LTE Version - GT-I9505

(Ignore the links above (if there is one). It's a skimwords (advertising) link and nothing to do with me!)

The ROMS I have used:

Spoiler

Download Blink, a great app that controls the status LED on the G300!

Wait for 5 seconds and then click skip ad! Do not download anything in the ad window, that is not the app!

Did I help you?

If I did, Please press the rep_up1.png button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts.

(If not, Press it anyway!)

If I really helped you, you could also donate to me. Thanks!  :) 

sedj

sedj

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Probably Infusion B06?

Have you tried wiping the dalvik cache? its like starting with a new slate.

I have recently tried pretty much all the popular roms and they all have problems to such an extent i was considering going back to Gingerbread as its light and fast. Was on AOPK earlier today with the usual CM10 problems and now on Stock+ which is good but allready had to reboot to get wifi working again. This phone is really rubbish when it comes to rom support, probably the cheapo components used? It just does not work 100% on anything out there.

Maybe buying a proper phone would help, as they say you get what you pay for :P

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w

This phone is really rubbish when it comes to rom support

Posted Image

Are you serious?
This phone has, at least, 10 decent roms.
True, everyone of those has a different glitch or two.
Now, don`t tell me that you need everything to work 100%.
There is no such girlfriend, a car or a pet that sattisfies every expectation.

You will never find a good phone with such attitude :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted Image

Are you serious?
This phone has, at least, 10 decent roms.
True, everyone of those has a different glitch or two.
Now, don`t tell me that you need everything to work 100%.
There is no such girlfriend, a car or a pet that sattisfies every expectation.

You will never find a good phone with such attitude Posted Image

Don't worry, he's the kind of guy who takes things, without giving or at least contributing in return of the favour.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Combat Gerbil

Combat Gerbil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G510

That's a bit irrelevant... all he did was ask a simple question, for people to reply, so he can choose from their opinions.

Not irrelevant at all... if the OP took the time to either use the search function .. as that what it's there for .. or like myself, actually looked through the forum at other such posts that already have been asked, then the they need not ask the question, which has been answered many times previously, in the first place. I think that some of the more knowledgeable members and Devs are getting fed up (and rightly so) with people just mindlessly asking the same question time and time again, without bothering to research for themselves.

Gagas1

Gagas1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate-OMC, G300, TF101
Slim v11 or Baidu. I was on stock+ but i find slim better.

66yyhhnn66

66yyhhnn66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:G300

Not irrelevant at all... if the OP took the time to either use the search function .. as that what it's there for .. or like myself, actually looked through the forum at other such posts that already have been asked, then the they need not ask the question, which has been answered many times previously, in the first place. I think that some of the more knowledgeable members and Devs are getting fed up (and rightly so) with people just mindlessly asking the same question time and time again, without bothering to research for themselves.

There is a ton of information here and maybe some people don't have all the time in the world,you know.
I didn't ask anything that hard,I didn't ask to explain me how to install a new ROM or something. I just asked your opinion about the best choice of a ROM for this device. The answer is not even 10 letters long,why is it so hard for you to just type some letter? I used to know these things,but lately I didn't have that much time to spend on forums and I saw many new ROMs coming to light,which I never heard of before. I believe the reason of a "forum" includes these kind of questions too,if you don't mind. Sorry for irritating some of you with my post. Thank you for the reply,anyway,and thank you all.
I'll try to wipe dalvik cache and see how it runs then. If not,I'll try Stock+ or Slim v11.

lewispaul9

lewispaul9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

If he had time to go through all this forum, he'd probably wouldn't have a life... And surely if the "more knowledgeable members" saw it was another 'pointless' post then surely they should just scroll past it... and ignore it? Instead of going into the topic to say that the topic is pointless. I think you find that makes the irrelevant post, irrelevant.

bryfly

bryfly

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Devices:coolpad F1 8297w & redmi note2

If he had time to go through all this forum, he'd probably wouldn't have a life... And surely if the "more knowledgeable members" saw it was another 'pointless' post then surely they should just scroll past it... and ignore it? Instead of going into the topic to say that the topic is pointless. I think you find that makes the irrelevant post, irrelevant.

As this question seems to get asked a lot, maybe the most informative thread about the "best rom" should be pinned making it easier to find???

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
If we had one stickied thread with a poll it would solve the problem.

All we need is a decent mod to do it.

Ah well

Edited by fr0do, 20 April 2013 - 08:19 AM.

Posted Image

Rydlis

Rydlis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Theming Android&Linux
  • Twitter:@DavidRejdl
similiar thread with poll is here

Edited by Rydlis, 20 April 2013 - 08:29 AM.

lewispaul9

lewispaul9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

As this question seems to get asked a lot, maybe the most informative thread about the "best rom" should be pinned making it easier to find???

I totally agree! But if someone cant find the thread then they're going to make there own... Should have one pinned though.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

If we had one stickied thread with a poll it would solve the problem.

All we need is a decent mod to do it.

Ah well

You can't really add a poll though, as newer ROMs added to the list will always have a lower number. Hopefully you understand what I mean.

Redflake

Redflake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
Rather than jumping in. If you don't think a thread is relevant ( and who are you to say what is relevant or not) simply ignore it and it will sink to the bottom. If people ignore irrelevant posts then they will end up pages back lost for ever. Keep replying to them and they'll keep rising to the top, cluttering up the forum. It's up to you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users