[ROOT][GUIDE] Root your LAVA IRIS 501 Jellybean 4.1.1

Guest Kamal882

Guest Kamal882

By this time you may have been updated your LAVA Iris 501 to Jelly Bean 4.1.1

Now it is time to Root your mobile.

Earlier with ICS; Rooting was done with "Root with Restore by Bin4ry v15" but now with Jellybean, this process will not work.

Steps for Rooting:

• Download and install MediaTek Driver
  • Download CWM Recovery from link given in my post
  • I am also giving link for Scatter File in-case you do not have Scatter File
  • Flash your phone with this CWM Recovery using SP Flash Tool (Process given below)

Process for Flashing CWM:
    01. Make sure that mobile is Switch Off and not connected with PC
    02. Create a separate folder in PC; for example "Recovery"
    03. Copy Scatter File and CWM Recovery in this folder
    04. Rename recovery_cwm_6.0.1.5_iris.img file to recovery.img
    05. Start SP Flash Tools
    06. Click on Scatter Loading button>Browse to "Recovery" Folder and select Scatter File
    07. Now you will find that only Recovery file is checked in SP Tools
    08. Click Download button
    09. It will give you warning, "Not ALL images are correctly loaded, which may cause boot up issue! Do you still want to go on downloading anyway?"
    10. Click on "Yes"
    11. Remove mobile battery and re-insert after 3-4 seconds (Do-not Switch ON Mob)
    12. Connect mobile to PC with USB Cable
    13. Flashing will start and it will be done in few seconds
    14. Disconnect USB cable and Power On Mobile.

• Download Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip and su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip from links given in my post
    • Copy both files to SD Card
    • Boot in to Recovery
    • Select Install zip from sdcard and install Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip
    • Donot reboot your phone now and install su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip
    • Now reboot your phone
    • After reboot, phone will take approx. 4 to 5 minute for first boot

Downloads: Links Updated

Media Tek Driver

CWM Recovery

Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed

su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed

Scatter File

Edited by Kamal882

Guest Kamal882

Please verify your root using This Tool !!

Don't worry, it is tested method and it will work with Lava Iris 501 JB 4.1.1 without fail. Also you will find Superuser icon in your application Drawer.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Eddy12

Flash your phone with this CWM Recovery using SP Flash Tool ??? im downlaod all file but now hot to do that im rename and what now?

Guest Kamal882

Flash your phone with this CWM Recovery using SP Flash Tool ??? im downlaod all file but now hot to do that im rename and what now?

Post updated and full detail is given. Please follow steps and root your mobile.

Guest Eddy12

hm... something is wrong here. im doing flashing phone and see fter that OK. thjan turn on phone evrything is normal, but logn i recovery mode (volume up+ home and power button) nothing heppend, im one time successful log in recovery but than superuser show some eror to isntal and after that i can't login anymore in recovery.what I could be a problem?

Guest Kamal882

I think you are trying to install "Super User" with stock recovery hence it is giving error.

Read my post carefully and flash your phone with "CWM Recovery", link for CWM Recovery is given in my post.

Guest Eddy12

I think you are trying to install "Super User" with stock recovery hence it is giving error.

Read my post carefully and flash your phone with "CWM Recovery", link for CWM Recovery is given in my post.

No. try to understend me, im instal new lava iris jelly bean, than i try to root, but here is problem when i do first step( proces flashing CWM) i folow ur 14 steps and its ok after that i see OK with green ring. than i turn on my phone and save super user and su-bin on memory kard, than turn off the phone. now i can't start clockwork mod. just see lava logo and phone freezing or phone start normal in android system that is problem. i think that CWM its damaged or something. du you have some other CWM mybe older version to try??

Edited by Eddy12

Guest Kamal882

No. try to understend me, im instal new lava iris jelly bean, than i try to root, but here is problem when i do first step( proces flashing CWM) i folow ur 14 steps and its ok after that i see OK with green ring. than i turn on my phone and save super user and su-bin on memory kard, than turn off the phone. now i can't start clockwork mod. just see lava logo and phone freezing or phone start normal in android system that is problem. i think that CWM its damaged or something. du you have some other CWM mybe older version to try??

This CWM works for Prestigio 5000 also because both phones are same.

May be you are missing something.

I will suggest to again download CWM file from the link which is given in my post and try again.

Edited by Kamal882

Guest Eddy12

This CWM works for Prestigio 5000 also because both phones are same.

May be you are missing something.

I will suggest to again download CWM file from the link which is given in my post and try again.

hm... im try to flash minimum 20 times and problem is here, than im try to flash lava iris jelly bean and after that CWM , and same problem here again. im just one time sucsesful start CWM and im say in post up some eror show me on one file, after that no way to start CWM. very strange. trying all time to run but unsuccessfully.

Please try and you to find a solution and placed here and I'm constantly working on it,

Edited by Eddy12

Guest Kamal882

hm... im try to flash minimum 20 times and problem is here, than im try to flash lava iris jelly bean and after that CWM , and same problem here again. im just one time sucsesful start CWM and im say in post up some eror show me on one file, after that no way to start CWM. very strange. trying all time to run but unsuccessfully.

Please try and you to find a solution and placed here and I'm constantly working on it,

May be this CWM is not compatible with your phone. Try to Flash TWRP recovery with SP Flash Tools, link is given here:

http://www.4shared.com/file/J0SHnPEE/recovery_twrp_by_akash.html

Edited by Kamal882

Guest Kamal882

no man not help, now all time when im flesh my IMEI number gone.something its wrong with this phone, i dont know what. thank you for help

Try MTK Droid Tool, may be it can help you, check my post at xda developer.

Guest Eddy12

Try MTK Droid Tool, may be it can help you, check my post at xda developer.

IMEI i can back very easy in option *#*#3646633#*#* there is radio option i think dont remember now, there is sim1 and sim 2 just input there ur IMEI from under the battery or if you have box there u can found phones IMEI. thank you againf for ur help . If I find any straightforward solution I'll write here on forum

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Razvan19

I tried with your scatter file - same result..

Can you give me a guide how to install correctly MediaTek Driver ?? i think i don't install correctly.

Edited by Razvan19

Guest Razvan19

I say,it's not from my pc,only the error is the correct in "my case" .

What you advise me ?

Edited by Razvan19

Guest Kamal882
I say,it's not from my pc,only the error is the correct in "my case" .

What you advise me ?

Have you already upgraded your phone to jellybean?