Rom developers should help the useres!

Guest peetu20

Please developer help users, you are developing ROM for them only...i had seen some developers behave very rudely and show to much of influence,please stop doing this...it will be very helpfull to all of us to exchage the knowledge...then exchanging ego............

Every developer/modder here helps users as much they can/have time/intrest/ knowlegde/solution (Including me)

Guest HDuser

Please developer help users, you are developing ROM for them only...i had seen some developers behave very rudely and show to much of influence,please stop doing this...it will be very helpfull to all of us to exchage the knowledge...then exchanging ego............

Deleted!.

Edited by HDuser

Guest jventura

Agreed, developers should make some tutorials on making custom roms.

Gentleman,

this has been said too many times, but some people still choose to ignore it: people who builds ROMS (commonly named developers) are just regular people which have their own motivations for building ROMs. For instance, in my Eco CM9 thread, I clearly state my own motivations. My builds are for my consumption and for my sister and girlfriend, and I chose to share my builds with everyone who wants it. I do not make my builds just to please people which I do not know! Other developers have their own motivations.. And everyone here must not be rude to each others, be or not developers.

But, instead of developers should make tutorials, you really should say that developers could make tutorials. But that will never happen, I'm afraid.

Like many things in real life, if you want to learn something, you must search for the information and do things by your own, or you pay someone to teach you. If your school teachers are paid to teach you, why would you expect that people who don't know you would do something for you for free? :)

Edited by jventura

Guest ehleh

Gentleman,

this has been said too many times, but some people still choose to ignore it: people who builds ROMS (commonly named developers) are just regular people which have their own motivations for building ROMs. For instance, in my Eco CM9 thread, I clearly state my own motivations. My builds are for my consumption and for my sister and girlfriend, and I chose to share my builds with everyone who wants it. I do not make my builds just to please people which I do not know! Other developers have their own motivations.. And everyone here must not be rude to each others, be or not developers.

But, instead of developers should make tutorials, you really should say that developers could make tutorials. But that will never happen, I'm afraid.

Like many things in real life, if you want to learn something, you must search for the information and do things by your own, or you pay someone to teach you. If your school teachers are paid to teach you, why would you expect that people who don't know you would do something for you for free? :)

very well said :) :D TWO THUMBS UP!

Well, some individuals just like to have things served on plate. Come on, fight your laziness and take some effort to search and learn on your own.

Everything's already on the Internet ... Devs are not obliged to share anything. It's purely their good will when they do. This is not our job we make living on. We have lives and jobs just like "ordinary" people.

Guest emotty

there is no "develpoers should" we are lucky to have the support we have ... whatever the reasons for making a rom doesnt mean they have to be tied to it and have to answer every similair question again and again over and over ... most questions that are asked dont have to be if only the pest /cough i mean newb would only read the darned thread .. or at least start at the latest post and work backwards for a good few pages ...

reading the darned thread (or at least the last 10 pages) is the least you can do for what you get for free in return ...

:P

Guest W0jt1

developers can do that, but they dont have to. All they made isnt easy,and it requires a lot of time. They have own lives, and they can spend all time just making new roms for more than 2 years olf phone. Tutorials can be found on xda, there is quite a lot of them, so seriously, stop asking everywhere for help, and try to search it on google/try to do it yourself. and this is fu*king rom and rom customization forum, not asking for help and spamming, so please moderators, move or delete all that post, because they are useless and pointless. And to all users, dont whine dev that they cant do something in rom you want, like keyboard in 4.2. some things just wont work because blade is old and slow device (that keyboard is useless though, saying as nexus 4 user) and it will never be able to work on new android perfectly. If not Konstat, Daemond, Ganster, Tital, C3C0 and many other developers (sorry if i forgot someone) we can run new androids, so we should be happy with it.

Guest viv1m
Gentleman did i ask you...try to understand the matter, i am not asking to serve in plate, problems regarding roms occurs we did not get solution thats the point...btw i didnt ask you about your personal life ok i dont know wether you have lives and jobs just like "ordinary" people. stop telling this
unmesh, stop being a fool grow up. No developer is responsible for anything, they are kind enough to spare their time and build mods for us and the noobs like you even after hearing us rant, complain and call names. Terry visiting xda and you will get the type of treatment you deserve for bitching around as you are going right now. What do things all these rooms have individual threads? Let me help you figure the obvious- it is to help people with the mods rooms and etc. So stop bitching & ask genuine questions and help. Nobody will come to your doorstep to mid your phone for you for free. Cheers!

Guest kyan31
Gentleman did i ask you...try to understand the matter, i am not asking to serve in plate, problems regarding roms occurs we did not get solution thats the point...btw i didnt ask you about your personal life ok i dont know wether you have lives and jobs just like "ordinary" people. stop telling this

I doubt anyone will help you if your so rude, I mean these people have real lives, real families, but you don't even seem to care.

P.s You shouldn't start getting rude to C3CO as he is probably one of the most important, and one of the longest serving developers around here. He has given a lot to you for FREE, so have some respect.

Edited by kyan31

Guest andr0idbeliev3r

Can the forum admin remove this post? Or at least ban this guy? I don't think he understands the principles of ROM building, open-sourcing, etc

Guest Geoff2

Can the forum admin remove this post? Or at least ban this guy? I don't think he understands the principles of ROM building, open-sourcing, etc

Couldn't agree more. I can't believe the only reason this guy is being so rude is that English is not his first language. It must either be a deliberate attempt to annoy the developers or he's just a spoilt pain-in-the-backside. Either way, the forum would be better without him.

Guest keevre

It's amazing how you can excuse some devs of being arrogant pricks just because they have *lives*. If you are asked a question and you choose not help you can't justify that with that argument.

btw, ban because he posted his opinion. Way to go people.

Guest kyan31
I am not negative to any one but firstly they only rude to many users...ok ... i am sorry if i have hurted someone but the truth is truth.. sorry all

You can't really call others rude, after all your pretty rude yourself.

Guest keyboardshortcut

"Rom developers should help the useres!"

*users

And USERS should donate to all developers who help them!

pretty fair don't you think? :P

anyway If you browse through the forum, devs (and other knowledgeable users) are really helping the users. It is only scattered everywhere and some of the answers are very hard to find. I think you want the collaboration of all the works of devs in one single tutorial/book. If someone did that, that will be a whole set of encyclopedia. :D of course all the users MUST DONATE to this person, because it is very tedious thing to do. :P

Edited by keyboardshortcut

Guest Shadow_Lance

Unmesh,

I am neither agreeing or disagreeing with you, I am merely stating facts.

1) By saying that the devs are not helping 'users' do you mean solely yourself and not others? They can't help every single person out there, it'd be simply impossible with a thread more than 100 posts etc. and if your one of them who dosen't get help then don't blame the devs.

2) You say 'the devs are not helping the users' or is it just you, since your the only one complaining.

3) You say devs are rude, when you can be pretty rude yourself...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest elrond_bs

No, they shouldn't! They are not customer support and are not paid. Developers shouldn't waste their time with noobs, instead of improving the ROMs! Enough information is already available. If a developer decides that he wants to burden himself with creating help guides or answering questions, it's his own choice, but that's not what developer means!

Why don't you ask HTC or Samsung or ZTE for help?? They are paid, but do they care? They give you part of the code and you are on your own, that's how things work! So don't attack the only people who actually work for us and for free.

Edited by elrond_bs

No, they shouldn't! They are not customer support and are not paid. Developers shouldn't waste their time with noobs, instead of improving the ROMs! Enough information is already available. If a developer decides that he wants to burden himself with creating help guides or answering questions, it's his own choice, but that's not what developer means!

Why don't you ask HTC or Samsung or ZTE for help?? They are paid, but do they care? They give you part of the code and you are on your own, that's how things work! So don't attack the only people who actually work for us and for free.

THANK U!

anything else?

Guest chorao

Gentleman,

Didnt you see the sarcasm of is post?

let users make the roms instead of bitching

Im from Portugal to :)

Edited by chorao

Guest peetu20

If this isnt whining and speculation, nothing isnt then. Crap like this thread, should be illegal on forum rules!

Have you guys ever thougt that devs, like me, are humans, they have girlfriends, childs, job, social life, and Life! If they make roms, they do that, because devs want to make their crappy phone/system better, only few developers make Roms/Mods/Themes because they want to make peoples happy, no, most of devs just want some hobbies, like building roms( KonstaT, jventura,,,) and theming( Like me)

Please stop this whining!

Btw: This forum is for Roms, Mods and Themes, not for apple-noobs.

Edited by peetu20