Where to begin?

Guest utternoob

Guest utternoob

Hi all

Installed Xolo the other day and then the 37mb update. Tried to go back to stock Xolo to root and install the Orange ROM, but I first tried the downgrade option, and now Fast boot doesn't recognise the phone, so flashing something is out, even though I can use Fix Brick option to install Xolo. It then makes lots of colours on the screen, not booting up with images. Xolo logo is there, will Orange take it to send off or not, because I can't work out a way to fix it

Guest utternoob

I have tried to erase /system but Fastboot says no device, as does adb and I can't tell when I'm in certain modes because all the screen does is stay one colour. The only clear thing is the Xolo splash screen

Edit: It doesn't like it, all it shows is error: device not found then gives the fastboot command lists and then resets. I'll try but not sure what's gonna happen, can't find the receipt

Edited by utternoob

Guest shootomanUK

wonder if we can flash the xolo update.zip with the medfield flasher ?, i know ricky tried to flash his osd with with the lenovo k800 ics and flashed some parts of the rom.

but that was before we had a xolo ics update.zip, i think nobody tried the flasher again.

i dont know if we can enter medfield mode on ics though ?

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest utternoob

All I know is that I get some funny colours and that's about it, it takes updates but never boots properly, will let me flash and erase through fastboot, but not much else I think

Guest BlueMoonRising

All I know is that I get some funny colours and that's about it, it takes updates but never boots properly, will let me flash and erase through fastboot, but not much else I think

Sorry bud, I'm no dev and have reached my limits on this. Anyone else want to step in?

Guest nitinmits

My dear friend the same thing i did, i installed the 37 mb and then older update and the phone hangs on xolo, and the screen changes colours. I went to xolo service centre at delhi and they tried to flash the update with their tool but not succedded, now they will replace something in PCB as it seems to be hardware problem, my phone is still at their service centre.