Need help

Guest Thedarkphonetech

Guest Thedarkphonetech

Ok. So my power button has eventually broken and I am running the xolo ics (with root and sd card of Course!). I called orange and they said they will repair it. So I need to change from xolo to orange ( no idea) and I need to take the sd card out with them not noticing I have opened the back cover. Pls help me with easy steps to change back to orange ics.

Do you flash dump,logo and rom?

Should I install this ? Then through aio tool flash dump,logo an orange rom? Am I correct - I don't want to brick

Thanks in advance you Kind soules!

Ps. Those with broken power buttons, did you get a new band new phone or a repair.

I can't thank all of you enough for helping

Guest xolo x900_2

Ok. So my power button has eventually broken and I am running the xolo ics (with root and sd card of Course!). I called orange and they said they will repair it. So I need to change from xolo to orange ( no idea) and I need to take the sd card out with them not noticing I have opened the back cover. Pls help me with easy steps to change back to orange ics.

Do you flash dump,logo and rom?

Should I install this ? Then through aio tool flash dump,logo an orange rom? Am I correct - I don't want to brick

Thanks in advance you Kind soules!

Ps. Those with broken power buttons, did you get a new band new phone or a repair.

I can't thank all of you enough for helping

I am not a fast boot genius but... If you can boot the phone to fastboot then you just need to do the fix brick option... All will be well...

Guest Thedarkphonetech

Sorr I am not very clear. All I need to to change from xolo ICS to orange. Do u down the prep tool then go to aio flash the dump logo zip amdnormage ROM. Is that it - pls help I don't want to brick It?

Guest Thedarkphonetech

Do I download the prep tool then use aio to flash dump, logo and orange ROM. Is that corrwct?

Thanks

Guest BlueMoonRising

Use http://www.modaco.com/topic/361791-toolkit-aio-prep-tool-improved-aio-prep-tool-for-reverting-to-stock-orange-ics/ first to make sure you've got the necessary files in the correct place.

Presuming you can still turn it on and have USB debugging turned on I would try this order :-

Open windows task manager by pressing ctrl-alt&del and click on the processes tab and end any ADB processes.(You need to do this between each step below).

Make sure the xolo update.zip(299MB in size) is in c:\sandiego\tools\bricked

Boot phone into fastboot by turning off and then back on holding the volume down button and the power button at the same time(you'll get a black screen with a blue android bot) and then connect it to the PC.

Go to c:\sandiego\tools and click on the command prompt shortcut.

Type: fastboot -i 0x8087 erase cache (wait till its finished). Be patient...

Type: fastboot -i 0x8087 flash update bricked\update.zip (now it will flash the update). Again be patient...(this will put a stock Xolo ICS rom on it).

Enable USB debugging.

Use the AIO tool to root.

Enable ADB (both checkboxes).

AIO tool to flash Orange logo.

Make sure you're still rooted and USB is still checked(should be but check anyway).

AIO tool to flash Orange ICS.

Remove SuperUser and ASB(if they're still there, a factory reset and format of the USB storage should be done to be sure).

Now remove the SD card very carefully. A thin piece of paper or plastic, maybe feeler gauges under the lip should help.

Don't forget to kill ADB in between all the above, hopefully that should do the trick.

Guest Thedarkphonetech

Thanks a lot. I am running stock xolo the one from the website (not updated). So can't I just flash the orange logo and carry on?

Thanks again !

Guest Thedarkphonetech

I am running the xolo 299mb update?

I can just flash logo and ROM can't I. Sorry I don't understand why I have to use fast boot to get the stock 299mn again when I already have it. Thanks again

Guest BlueMoonRising

I am running the xolo 299mb update?

I can just flash logo and ROM can't I. Sorry I don't understand why I have to use fast boot to get the stock 299mn again when I already have it. Thanks again

You can try but people have had trouble migrating back to Orange, I'm thinking that maybe it's easier from a scratch Xolo install.

Try from the Orange logo flash then.

Guest BlueMoonRising

One more thing will they notice that I have taken off the back cover?

It's in your hands, only you can tell if there's any evidence.

Guest BlueMoonRising

So it could brick it then?

Possible but then the world could end tomorrow, but it will probably end before you stop faffing about and do it ;)

Guest BlueMoonRising

Do I still have to download prep tool then start from logo?

To make sure you've got everything, yes.

Guest Thedarkphonetech

Then I flashed the orange ROM and it didnt say anything all it said was pushing ROM for about 5 mins. Nothing else. I then unpluged it and it didn't work. Bricked! But I have now fixed it