[ROM/GB] [PORT] AndroIum ROM V2.2.1 >>DOBLY SOUND NOW AVAILABLE!<<

Guest WiiSky70

Guest WiiSky70

AndroIum Port for ZTE-SKATE/OMC

arrownext.pngPRESENTATION

Here's a port of AndroIum that i've taken by HTC Mania and kinda copy-pasted it into MoDaCo for members of the ZTE Skate / OMC to try it .

Original Courtesy goes to raverrr and Fish N' Chips

arrownext.pngMAIN FEATURES

NOTE : Green highlighted features , represents new updates or functionality added over new versions of AndroIum ROM

- DOBLY SOUND NOW AVAILABLE ! - STARTING WITH V2.2.1

-Nitroglass READY ! - STARTING WITH V2.2.1

-Based on the latest AtomicMOD source - STARTING WITH V2.1.0

-Enhanced System Settings menu - STARTING WITH V2.2.1

-Samsung Galaxy S4 Soundpack included - STARTING WITH V2.2.1/V2.1.0

-Interface style like-a Jelly Bean

-File Manager Mi File Explorer (version Dark Blue)

-Clock MIUI DeskClock (BLUE MOD)

-CM7 messaging app

-CM7 3D gallery

-DSP manager

-Calculatrice TouchWiz

-Notification power widget (thanks to lidroid, KonstaT and tillaz)

-Circle battery mod

-Overscroll glow

-ICS window animations, CRT Off Animation

-Overclockable Kernel

-Unsecured boot.img

-etc/init.d support

-Superuser and su binary

-VPN/SAMBA share modules added

-Stagefright enabled

-GPU rendered UI

-TCP buffer sizes optimized

-Rooted

-Busybox support

-A2SD

-All useless stuff removed

-Deodexed

-Bash

-Huge APN list (from CM)

-New Adreno libs to increase 3D performance

-Widgets grouped

-Enhanced System Settings menu

-Samsung Galaxy S4 Soundpack included

arrownext.pngPREVIEW (SCREENSHOTS)

7fdd4e238867941.jpg9d005e238867951.jpgcf3dae238867959.jpg79c649238867975.jpg7cbb6d238867984.jpg4eb034238867996.jpgfff12f238868091.jpg 6f933e238868573.jpg 71ab40238868561.jpg 0aa1b1238868568.jpg

arrownext.pngPREREQUISITES

• (P743X.Variant) ZTE Skate / Monte Carlo / MEDION / SFR Staraddict
    • Clockworkmod Recovery
      • TPT Repartition is OPTIONAL

• SFR KERNEL FOR ADDED COMPATIBILITY ON MEDION AND SFR STARADDICT DEVICES

arrownext.pngINSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

* Put it on your SD card

* Boot into recovery

* Backup your current ROM

* Wipe data/ factory reset

* Wipe cache partition

* Wipe dalvik cache (advanved options)

* Install zip from sd card

* Choose zip from sd card

* INSTALL COMPATIBLE KERNEL

* INSTALL ROM(For 1st time) or INSTALL ROM UPDATE (If available or using an old version)

arrownext.pngGENERAL INFO

Original Release Date

23 Feb 2013

Port Release Date

ORIGINAL PORT RELEASE - 3 Apr 2013 (VER. 2.0.2)

LATEST PORT RELEASE - 27 May 2013 (CUSTOM VER. 2.2.1)

Version

2.2.1 (CUSTOM) -AndroIumBS / FBLACK

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW ! - Nitroglass compatible

NEW ! - Enhanced system settings menu

NEW ! - Some bug fixes or other changes under the hood

arrownext.png SOURCES

HTC Mania : http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=564085

arrownext.pngROM & UPDATES

Version 2.2.1 (CUSTOM) -AndroIumBS / FBLACK

Released on 28th of May 2013

CHANGELOG :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW ! - Nitroglass compatible

NEW ! - Enhanced system settings menu

NEW ! - Some bug fixes or other changes under the hood

AndroIum ROM - >>>V.2.2.1<<< - DOWNLOAD

NOTE : After you've download the ROM (For the 1st Install or use) or the ROM Update (If coming from old version)

arrownext.pngOPTIONAL KERNELS

Enhanced Elitemovil Kernel - DOWNLOAD

S Series Kernel (S2 Version) - DOWNLOAD

arrownext.pngOTHER STUFF / ADDONS

Theme for Nemus

5068197031712157982a_thumb.png

Copy the theme directory nemuslauncher/themes from SD CARD

Download : http://www.mediafire...xldd7g7smadgebq

FLASHABLE ZIPS :

[*]Google Talk : http://www.mediafire...9jriqw7k38wmk1r

[*]Tethering : http://www.mediafire...mw124hvxo7lvxeh

arrownext.pngTHANKS SECTION

- Team Fish'N'Chips

- JeT for the modifications and changes to the Settings Menu

- Original Developer who updated it for the TMV and Crescent

- FBLACK from HTC Mania :) <<<< Who done the re-porting

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest WiiSky70

Post-Updates

(05-28-2013)-(05-29-2013) Updates

- Revamped 1st Post and 2nd Post (Includes the changelog updates as well)

- New ROM Updates and new main features have been released and available on the Downloads and Main Features sections

- Better ROM and Post changelogs for better user read-ability

- New footnotes have been added to the 1st post , targeting the Downloads and Main Features sections

- Using new fonts for the 2 First Posts - Lucida Sans

- Changed size of text and titles to 18 size factor

- Highlighted colors

- Removed every outdated notes on 1st post and mainly warnings to end-user

- Updated pre-requisites and better installation instructions

- Posts now more organized and more enjoyable to the users eye

- Renamed some sections , such has the "Downloads" now are renamed to "ROM & UPDATES"

(05-24-2013) Update

- Fixed the download link for the ROM

- Removed "Init.d tweaks" section

- Cosmetic changes for the post (Spacing)

(05-23-2013) Update

- New ROM updates for AndroIum ROM are available on the "Downloads" section

- Inclusion of "LATEST ROM PORT" with version and date of release

- Added to the main features section "Rebase to AtomicMOD Source ROM"

(05-12-2013) Update

- Removed OTA Updates screenshot

- Renamed "Interface style Jelly Bean" to "Interface style like-a Jelly Bean"

- Other cosmetic changes and further adjustments to the main post

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest H3ROS

It's a nice try, but the themes not consistent and it looks nothing like Jelly Bean. If anything it looks like ICS, and in my opinion AtomicMod still does that better.

I noticed that the dialer seems buggy, scrolling is laggy and some of the tweaks it attempts to use don't actually do anything on the Skate. Things like accessing recovery are also not fully baked into the ROM.

Guest jtharmor

It's a nice try, but the themes not consistent and it looks nothing like Jelly Bean. If anything it looks like ICS, and in my opinion AtomicMod still does that better.

I noticed that the dialer seems buggy, scrolling is laggy and some of the tweaks it attempts to use don't actually do anything on the Skate. Things like accessing recovery are also not fully baked into the ROM.

IS this the ROM you were going to publish ??

Guest H3ROS

IS this the ROM you were going to publish ??

Not even close to it.

This is like a stock ROM with basic mods applied and then ICS styled applications added in. My ROM is based off of H3 Blues so it has more features than this one right away, plus it actually looks somewhat like Jelly Bean, as you've seen from pictures in my thread.

I get the feeling that whoever made this ROM and said it's trying to be Jelly Bean has never actually used Jelly Bean.

Guest Franck Black

H3ros... in my post... commented that the rom is very basic... use nitroglass, if or if you want to Flash one of the kernel...

I flashed crossbreder to remove the lag and xperia fidelity to improve sound...

It has a good battery life... If the use is normal... whatsapp, calls, wifi, etc...

Best regards...

Guest WiiSky70

H3ros... in my post... commented that the rom is very basic... use nitroglass, if or if you want to Flash one of the kernel...

I flashed crossbreder to remove the lag and xperia fidelity to improve sound...

It has a good battery life... If the use is normal... whatsapp, calls, wifi, etc...

Best regards...

At least someone is right about this ...

Guest H3ROS

The kernel won't actually make any difference to a ROM's speed though, unless it's default speed was greater than 787MHz.

In my opinion it's just a sloppy attempt at ICS, because nothings consonant and things are missing. And honestly the whole "it has good battery life" that most devs will claim means nothing, because the battery will be no better than a stock ROM. You may squeeze a few more minutes out of it by using a CPU governor such as SmartassH3 as that will try to keep the CPU low yet responsive, but nothing else will make much difference. The battery drains on the Skate because it's so small for the devices screen size. And the only other way to drain the battery is to use an application that's buggy and causes your phone to stay awake when it should be sleeping.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

Hey, I'm not saying it's a bad port. It's a good port! It's just that the ROM itself is very basic and doesn't have the same level of polish when compared to something like AtomicMod. Like options aren't baked into the menus correctly, images aren't consistent, the OTA updater doesn't work, some of the scripts don't work and it claims to be Jelly Bean themed, yet what's Jelly Bean about it? The wallpaper isn't Jelly Bean, the lockscreen isn't Jelly Bean and the settings menus still contain Gingerbread themed elements.

I understand that people want more Gingerbread ROM's, and as you all know I'm working on one. And I know some people are getting impatient waiting, but if I were to release my ROM in it's current state I wouldn't be 100% happy with it as there's things I want to improve. I don't want to release a half baked ROM.

Guest omegavesko

I used the Crescent version of this ROM a while ago. I really wasn't particularly impressed by it, though I do think it looks better than Fish 'n' Chips by itself.

Guest jtharmor

Hey, I'm not saying it's a bad port. It's a good port! It's just that the ROM itself is very basic and doesn't have the same level of polish when compared to something like AtomicMod. Like options aren't baked into the menus correctly, images aren't consistent, the OTA updater doesn't work, some of the scripts don't work and it claims to be Jelly Bean themed, yet what's Jelly Bean about it? The wallpaper isn't Jelly Bean, the lockscreen isn't Jelly Bean and the settings menus still contain Gingerbread themed elements.

I understand that people want more Gingerbread ROM's, and as you all know I'm working on one. And I know some people are getting impatient waiting, but if I were to release my ROM in it's current state I wouldn't be 100% happy with it as there's things I want to improve. I don't want to release a half baked ROM.

Like this ROM........super fast and sleek......that what i was waiting for......thnks...

Guest H3ROS

If you think this ROM is sleek then you and I have very a different opinion of what "sleek" is. I wouldn't call it outright ugly, but I wouldn't say it's pretty or even close to being good looking. And it's definitely not fast. If you think it is then just wait until you see my ROM. And I'm not wanting to boast or trying to offend the original developer, but to say this looks like Jelly Bean is silly. I mean wheres the JB lockscreen, wallpapers or status bar menu? It's not even close to looking like it. And what really gets me is that even in the screenshots theres things like cropped words, missing icons and Gingerbread themed elements. Also what about the usability. Have you tried to access reovery how you normally would?

Edited by H3ROS

Guest jtharmor

If you think this ROM is sleek then you and I have very a different opinion of what "sleek" is. I wouldn't call it outright ugly, but I wouldn't say it's pretty or even close to being good looking. And it's definitely not fast. If you think it is then just wait until you see my ROM. And I'm not wanting to boast or trying to offend the original developer, but to say this looks like Jelly Bean is silly. I mean wheres the JB lockscreen, wallpapers or status bar menu? It's not even close to looking like it. And what really gets me is that even in the screenshots theres things like cropped words, missing icons and Gingerbread themed elements. Also what about the usability. Have you tried to access reovery how you normally would?

Don't boast of your ROM degrading others if you cant release it(saying everything is working 99%)..Why wouldn't you release it if its working 99% ??...When did i say it looks like JB ?? .....Its matter of choice and if i like this ROM you should not feel offended for your ROM dude.......Release something rather than writing hoards and hoards of lines on each and every post on this forum......

Guest honigfisch

Guys just stop to argue with each other - respect the work of the developer - thank you for porting this rom

Best regards

Guest omegavesko

Don't boast of your ROM degrading others if you cant release it(saying everything is working 99%)..Why wouldn't you release it if its working 99% ??...When did i say it looks like JB ?? .....Its matter of choice and if i like this ROM you should not feel offended for your ROM dude.......Release something rather than writing hoards and hoards of lines on each and every post on this forum......

If he released something now, I guarantee you half of this forum would start bitching that it isn't polished enough.

Honestly, I'm disappointed with how quickly this thread turned into a flame war. Are we not here to appreciate people's work and give constructive feedback?

Guest Franck Black

for this reason it is not public the ROMs I have ported...

to avoid damaging the pride of some developers who don't understand that it's a simple contribution and that we are not at the height of their rom's...

I am newbie in this of Android and I try to follow the path of C3c0, Tillal, and even the great H3r0s...

but this kind of criticism is useless...

Best regards...

Guest H3ROS

I didn't boast my ROM. I compared this one to AtomicMod. And I didn't say you said it looks like Jelly Bean, that was from the very first main feature it lists in the original post.

I don't feel offended by this ROM, and I know I've criticized it a little, but I've done so in a constructive way. Like I didn't say it sucks, and in my first post I even state "it's a nice try". So if you read through my posts you should find that I've basically said what needs fixing.

• The "Interface style like-a Jelly Bean" should be removed until it actually looks anything like Jelly Bean
  • Bake the recovery options into the shutdown menu
  • Change the dialer back to stock one and theme that so that it scales correctly and doesn't take up a chunk of space if you've not received or missed any calls
  • Remove the background image from settings menus and it'll reduce scrolling lag
  • Remove the useless init.d scripts such as touchscreen responsiveness that don't work on the Skate
  • Make images consistent throughout system applications

So while you may read it like I'm being harsh, I've actually gave the most information on how it could be improved.

Also I'm not saying it's Franck Black's fault and/or responsibility as he's done a good job to port it. So the points I've made apply to the original ROM author, but maybe Franck Black would like to address the issues and try to improve the ROM himself.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest MadQuaker

Hi guys, i have a little question.

Is this rom better then parajelly, i mean have it better camera or better batery life.

I really like visuals of this rom.

Guest WiiSky70

I didn't boast my ROM. I compared this one to AtomicMod. And I didn't say you said it looks like Jelly Bean, that was from the very first main feature it lists in the original post.

I don't feel offended by this ROM, and I know I've criticized it a little, but I've done so in a constructive way. Like I didn't say it sucks, and in my first post I even state "it's a nice try". So if you read through my posts you should find that I've basically said what needs fixing.

• The "Interface style like-a Jelly Bean" should be removed until it actually looks anything like Jelly Bean
  • Change the dialer back to stock one and theme that so that it scales correctly and doesn't take up a chunk of space if you've not received or missed any calls
  • Remove the background image from settings menus and it'll reduce scrolling lag
  • Remove the useless init.d scripts such as touchscreen responsiveness that don't work on the Skate

So while you may read it like I'm being harsh, I've actually gave the most information on how it could be improved.

Also I'm not saying it's Franck Black's fault and/or responsibility as he's done a good job to port it. So the points I've made apply to the original ROM author, but maybe Franck Black would like to address the issues and try to improve the ROM himself.

Well you're only providing ideas and feedback for this ROM , so i should give a +1 ;)

Guest omegavesko

Hi guys, i have a little question.

Is this rom better then parajelly, i mean have it better camera or better batery life.

I really like visuals of this rom.

Why not try it? The camera alone should be better because of the camera flash, but if I remember correctly, it uses an ICS-style camera app. So there won't be much of an improvement there.

Guest jtharmor

Ya you never boast you only said --------

And it's definitely not fast. If you think it is then just wait until you see my ROM.

Cummon man......i see you as a dev who has lost the race to others especially C3C0 and Tilal(the legends out here).....I see a lot of arrogance and trying to catch limelight from you offlate.......i was a fan of yours but it seems you are too keen to seek attention dude.....

I am not a dev but have heard it over and over again on the forum that as a dev you should respect others work !!

Guest jtharmor

If he released something now, I guarantee you half of this forum would start bitching that it isn't polished enough.

Honestly, I'm disappointed with how quickly this thread turned into a flame war. Are we not here to appreciate people's work and give constructive feedback?

Yeah thats what i posted.....good things about the ROM before someone hijacked my comment to show off stuff never released.