Disable Proximity Sensor
Enable Proximity Sensor
You can test the zips by making a call, and then waving your hand over the top front of the phone. The screen should either stay on, or go off depending what zip you flashed.
This mod seems to stop the accelerometer from working, i'm not sure why, but maybe i'll look into it if its really that important to some people. If you really need the accelerometer working, just flash the Enable Proximity Sensor zip.
THIS IS ONLY FOR CM10.1 AND CM10.1 BASED ROMS (INCLUDES ELECTRA, FAVAROOOO, LIQI ETC.)
If you want to disable the proximity sensor in your ROM, follow these steps:
- Navigate to System/lib/hw
- Open sensor.default.so with a hex editor
- Use the search tool and look for the word 'proximity'
- If you get a line, such as ._ZNK15, You need to modify it to ._ZNK16 - This is just an example, you can also use this method do disable other sensors such as the light sensor.
- Save the file, and you're done.
Edited by kyan31, 19 May 2013 - 02:53 PM.