[Q] Compass mode in Google Maps

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

I am fairly sure that on occasions I have been able to enable compass mode in Google Maps by tapping the 'rose' icon in the top-right corner. It certainly hasn't been working for the past few months, though. When I tap the icon, the map remains resolutely North facing and flat (not the angled view you see with the compass mode). I don't know when this feature stopped working; maybe it was when I updated from the default Orange Gingerbread to Xolo ICS, or maybe I am even harking back to a previous phone. I really can't remember but I am fairly sure it has worked with this San Diego and Xolo ICS.

There is probably something really simple I am forgetting to do. Can anybody suggest what it might be please? Does this feature work for others on Xolo ICS?

Edited by Konstipated Kiwi

Guest BlueMoonRising

I don't know about the past but I can confirm it doesn't work now. Sadly I can also confirm that my compass doesn't work despite calibrating it... :(

Guest BlueMoonRising

I'm running xolo and my compass is fine, maybe its a hardware issue for you?

Yeah, maybe. It's probably payback for having no trouble with the power button or screen... :(

Guest Gibson.1
Yeah, maybe. It's probably payback for having no trouble with the power button or screen... :(

My power button went ages ago, everyone seems to have different issues with the OSD though, a lot power buttons and cracks, but everything else seems to be a couple of people for no particular reason.

Maybe a re-install of xolo might help with the compass?

• 2 weeks later...