[ROM][4.2.2] SlimBean [Build v8.0] Final - 04/08/13

Guest telonius

Guest telonius

Rom updated. See first post for changes etc. I've been working on CM10 for the last week trying to resolve some issues so i haven't done any modifications on this expect for the Slimroms commits.

Guest TangerineTractor

This rom installed fine and worked excellently. Fast, smooth, and has better customization options than cm10.1. However, battery drain is significantly higher than cm - 60% in six hours virtually all standby... so until that's addressed, it's not a keeper for me. Shame.

Guest vegadrc

Great rom.

Great customisations.

No reboots so far but am on three and where I live signal is rubbish so phone locks onto orange signal whatever the rom.

Only problem is battery drain as usual.

Was not as bad on 4.2.1 version from raverr.

Used gapps from slim website and they all invert at the flick of a switch. Brilliant.

Great job. Thanks.

Guest crawlingcity

This rom installed fine and worked excellently. Fast, smooth, and has better customization options than cm10.1. However, battery drain is significantly higher than cm - 60% in six hours virtually all standby... so until that's addressed, it's not a keeper for me. Shame.

flashing kra1o5's kernel and testing this issue. Will reply with my results after tomorrow

Guest telonius

Not work youtube

Yap, that is a know issue on all 4.2.2 Roms. I should actually put this on the first post as a bug. I haven't looked at it if it's an easy solution but kratos has been trying with no luck for some time. I doubt you'll see any fix real soon. So consider youtube broken yes.

So you lost 40% in 6 hours? All standby? No wakelocks no nothing? I know that this isn't the most battery friendly rom but 40% in 6 hours is just too much. I suggest you give a try on this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809 and see if there is anything in particular draining your battery. Again since i have this phone for a month now only and i have been on stock for almost a week i can't comment on battery life. Battery life is something dependent on many factors. Give me an example of usage and battery expectations between roms so i can make an assumption.

Noce work. Can you build slim ics? Very good rom for 256MB ram phones. It'll be excelent for g300.

I dunno is there anywhere repos for the ics branch of slimroms?

Anyway i've been working on CM10 lately if you people wanna have a try on this.

It's a total rebuild not sharing the same source as Dazzozo build.

Major improvements are:

1) 3rd party cameras working fine.

2) A more close to stock kernel.

3) Increased battery life.

4) Proper audio routing (voip etc)

I can say that this is a stable 4.1.2 rom with all functionality working as they should.

You can give it a try here cm-10-20130531-UNOFFICIAL-u8815.zip - 149.12 MB

Please report if you do try it. I am interested about battery life and audio feedback.

Guest TangerineTractor

I have the same standard set of apps on whatever rom I put on, so the battery life comparison is valid for my real life circumstances. There will be an imap aquamail account, an exchange account, falcon Twitter app all background checking... but not much else.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest telonius

I have the same standard set of apps on whatever rom I put on, so the battery life comparison is valid for my real life circumstances. There will be an imap aquamail account, an exchange account, falcon Twitter app all background checking... but not much else.

Ic, Anyway did by any chance you tried the CM10 i posted? It gives me a day and a half with normal usage.

Guest crawlingcity

I can see and understand why you want a "close to stock" kernel, but why not add more options regarding governors and I/O Schedulers ? I mean, it doesn't hurts and there's some useful ones like smartassv2/interactivex and row/sio

just a suggestion not a complain :)

Also, battery drain increased considerably in the last update. Gonna do a nandroid and test your CM10 test build

/flashaholic_mode_on

Edited by crawlingcity

Guest crawlingcity

I'm on v5.0. Can i flash v6.0 without wipes?

wipe cache and dalvik cache. always the same answer for this questions.

Guest Pyntux

Anyway i've been working on CM10 lately if you people wanna have a try on this.

It's a total rebuild not sharing the same source as Dazzozo build.

Major improvements are:

1) 3rd party cameras working fine.

2) A more close to stock kernel.

3) Increased battery life.

4) Proper audio routing (voip etc)

I can say that this is a stable 4.1.2 rom with all functionality working as they should.

You can give it a try here cm-10-20130531-UNOFFICIAL-u8815.zip - 149.12 MB

Please report if you do try it. I am interested about battery life and audio feedback.

Link does not work... :( I gonna try just change link... :)

Edit:

Now works, downloading... ;)

P.S. Can you open new topic for this rom? :)

Edited by Pyntux

Guest crawlingcity

uploading to mediafire. pm me if you want the link, i won't post it here without telonious permission.

ETA: 10min

Guest plewis1981

uploading to mediafire. pm me if you want the link, i won't post it here without telonious permission.

ETA: 10min

Thanks but the link is working now :) :)

Guest Pyntux

Your welcome... :)

It's very good rom, smooth and everything works beside panorama in stock camera, but can be installed any other camera... :)

Edited by Pyntux