The most stable ROM

What's the most stable ROM, that's usable for every day needs, I would prefer everything over 4.0 (Including ICS)? I have used infusion, every CM, aokp, pacman, and the last 3 mentioned had random reboots, connection problems, signal loss, and well everything you already know, so what would you guys recommend for every day use?

So far the votes go like this:

• CM9 1

• STOCK+ 3

• Slim 2

• Rainbowmod 1

• baidu 5

edit: Added a poll, so go on and vote guys :)

Edited by Guest

Guest plewis1981

If you just want to flash a ROM and live with it CM9 is probabilly best, I have not tried R4 myself but R3 hardly had any bugs ( auto brightness is the only one I rember )

If you just want to flash a ROM and live with it CM9 is probabilly best, I have not tried R4 myself but R3 hardly had any bugs ( auto brightness is the only one I rember )

the latest version of CM9 is R10, and the latest version of CM10.1 is R4, I suppose you mean CM9 R10?

Guest Buffalo Soldier

M8 I've tried almost every rom you can find for our sweet little G300, and I'm staying on Slim v12 with Paul's latest kernel. Reason is very simple: everything works as it should. Maybe CM9 is better for gaming, but in-call volume is destroying my ears, as in all CM, Baidu is OK, but I can't get data connection to work..and so on and so on.

To make it short, if you want a stable and smooth rom, where you just don't worry that something will not work as it should, like VoIP, data, volume... go with Slim.

Guest dakok

Baidu, by all means. Just like Yassin said above, if data won`t go flash slim or stock+

Baidu carries a prejudice burden. Just like Shendu.

(they should have named it 4.2.2 ;) )

Guest mnirun

i use stock + but after a month i have caller id lag.

Try this caller lag fix from the 1st post [MOD] FIX THE CALLER ID LAG. I've tried 3 versions and found version from 1st post is the best, couple months with no caller id lag anymore!

Another mod you should try is [sCRIPT/DISCUSSION] Loopy Smoothness Tweak (Android's priorities) to keep app in the memory.

Edited by mnirun

Guest smweb

Baidu, by all means. Just like Yassin said above, if data won`t go flash slim or stock+

Baidu carries a prejudice burden. Just like Shendu.

(they should have named it 4.2.2 ;) )

+1 to Dakok

Guest yaqh

baidu was okay but i found few quirks like, the toggles were not as good at stock+ and few things didnt work like totem weather and profile from p1, where stock+ works spot on, i did try slim a while back and was impressed, it was very simular to stock, both stock and slim have the same performance, although not sure which one is better on battery. I might have try out the version and compare.what i did really like with baudi was it looked fresh and different, white on grey looked nice and had some nice touches around the edges. Now stock+ is getting a bit boring so I would be interested to try something new which has the performce and stabilty as stock.

maybe someone should combine stock/slim and bauidu to create something new, this would be awesome.

Edited by yaqh

Guest pOcHa

baidu was okay but i found few quirks like, the toggles were not as good at stock+ and few things didnt work like totem weather and profile from p1

i agree with you about the toggles, they were actually quite better in the previous versions, still wondering why they bothered to change them at all - but those apps that didn't work for you are only compatible with huawei stock or stock based roms, which stock+ is and baidu is simply not, it has nothing to do with stability at all (and there are a much better alternatives anyway)

another vote for baidu, as it feels like you have a nexus phone, and google itself (baidu is it's chinese counterpart) is releasing new updates for it every two weeks!

Guest denzele

Mate get yourself bootloader unlock code from Huawei unlock it flash slim rom v12 latest and i guarantee you no reboots,no signal loss or connections problems. :P