[solved ] songs not detecting xolo x900 ICS

Guest adil.mulleseril

Guest adil.mulleseril

I bought my xolo x900 a week ago..it came With ICS pre-installed. I did an update of 35mb. This is my first android phone. So am new to android platform. I got a network issue at times. But the issue which i really need help now is my music player. It is not loading the songs in my memory. I tried installing play music also. Even doubletwist dont Load the songs.

I copied the songs to device using linux in camera mode. And using explorer moved the folder from pictures folder to /sdcard/music/

Edited by adil.mulleseril

Guest Combat Gerbil

Some devices only scan internal memory for media files, depending on which storage is set as default. Check by copying a few track to the internal memory and then scan for the media files.

Guest BlueMoonRising

He doesn't have a sd card inserted it's just the internal usb storage. Unless of course he does and then updated which lost the sd card. You can only use the sd card slot with a basic ICS install.

Guest i am not a hacker

Download a different music player like mixzing, power amp, or double twist, then go into the settings of the app and choose the scannable folders which have the music in it. Then the music should show up

Guest adil.mulleseril

Tried double.twist earlier itself. No such settings where found. Now installed ttpod. Problem solved. Nice player. But language matters at times. Never thought i Want to learn chinese To listen music..will try mixzing and poweramp. Thank you guys.

Guest BlueMoonRising

its bcuz of esfile explorer try another

Why should ES File Explorer stop his music player finding media? It certainly doesn't on a basic Xolo rom(unpatched).

Guest rajivshastri

Run the stock music app and wait for it to list the songs. Then close it and launch double twist. You should be able to see your music. You might need to do this every time you restart the phone.

Guest xolo x900_2

Why should ES File Explorer stop his music player finding media? It certainly doesn't on a basic Xolo rom(unpatched).

Its because it creates a .nomedia file in android data file..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlueMoonRising

I still don't think ES file explorer is to blame.

Using flibblesans mods if you're rooted installs the Google Play Music app(or is it installed in a basic Xolo ICS install?) version 4.4 which works fine. The Play Store version is version 5 but wouldn't install for me.

Could you install the apk from C:\SanDiego\tools\flibblesan\system\app\Music2.apk ?

Please note I'm guessing that that is the necessary apk, I have no idea if any other files are needed but you could always just uninstall if it doesn't work. You don't need to be rooted to try this by the way.

I'm using all of my 32GB SD card for music(well about 26GB anyway) and this app is by far the smoothest of any I've tried so far. Some of the others have been really sluggish although it maybe that they just don't like the Intel architecture.

I've put it in Dropbox if you want to try it :- https://www.dropbox.com/s/28u24rft8ffflp9/Music2.apk

Guest adil.mulleseril

my phone is not rooted.. basic xolo ics installed with the 37 mb update.

installed play music from the given link. but still not working.

Edited by adil.mulleseril

Guest adil.mulleseril

the only files showing in the stock player and play music is two avi files which i downloaded earlier. in the stock player>>playlist>>recently added the files are shown. but its not seen anywhere else.

Guest adil.mulleseril

problem solved. i just changed my music directory. now it is showing in all the players. but still i wonder is change in directory an issue?

Guest BlueMoonRising

problem solved. i just changed my music directory. now it is showing in all the players. but still i wonder is change in directory an issue?

Apparently :)

What folder did you have them in? It's /music by default but I've got mine in /syncr which is the default for the https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrtstudio.iSyncr&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5qcnRzdHVkaW8uaVN5bmNyIl0. app.

Guest adil.mulleseril

problem was with es file explorer itself. i tried moving the files back to my old directory using another file manager. its still working. i tried again with es file explorer and moved to the new directory. again not working. so the problem is with es file explorer itself. no need to uninstall es file explorer. try moving files using another explorer. directories are not actually a problem.

Guest BlueMoonRising

problem was with es file explorer itself. i tried moving the files back to my old directory using another file manager. its still working. i tried again with es file explorer and moved to the new directory. again not working. so the problem is with es file explorer itself. no need to uninstall es file explorer. try moving files using another explorer. directories are not actually a problem.

Lol, I would never have guessed that was the problem.

Guest adil.mulleseril

thank you guys for your support. Actually i started thinking that i made a mistake on buying xolo x900. i heard about the heating issue and low battery backup earlier. whats now affecting me is the network issue and other problems at times. sometimes the touch is not responding especially while i use whatsapp.

• 2 months later...
Guest arjun8074

frnds,do u hav any idea why xolo sitedoesn't hav 4.0.4(ics) file(299mb)..and which updating phone with(299mb) is better or withOTA updateisbetter? ...which wayof upgrading is better...plz contribute ur views frnds