is there a way to copy an officially unlocked ICS bootloader?

Guest plewis1981

Guest plewis1981

Hi guy's I was wondering if there was any way someone could copy an officially unlocked boot loader.

So people like my self could get our boot loader unlocked without all the hassle messing about trying to get a VALID unlock key or even getting one at all.

I know it could be a lot of work and I would do it myself but I am missing two things 1 the skills, 2 a valid unlock key :(

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Edited by plewis1981

Guest george109

I'm making a tutorial on how to do it at the moment. If you wait a few days, then I will post the link here for you :)

Guest jsevi83

The bootloader state is stored in oeminfo partition, the bootloader partitions are not altered when you unlock it with the official method. So if you copy the bootloader from an unlocked phone to yours, it will still be locked. The only way to do what you are asking is to use the oeminfo partition from another phone that has unlocked bootloader, and that will make you lose your imei number after installing an update.app.

Edited by jsevi83

Guest hippy dave

I already lose my IMEI number after an update.app, so I'd be happy to try that if someone is willing to share their unlocked oeminfo partition. I haven't had any luck unlocking using the code Huawei sent me, and I guess this could be why, my original oeminfo got lost when I zeroed my IMEI?

Edit: jsevi83, which partition is it please?

Edited by hippy dave

Guest plewis1981

I already lose my IMEI number after an update.app, so I'd be happy to try that if someone is willing to share their unlocked oeminfo partition. I haven't had any luck unlocking using the code Huawei sent me, and I guess this could be why, my original oeminfo got lost when I zeroed my IMEI?

I also loose my IMEI when doing a force update so would be happy to give it a go.

Guest jsevi83

OEMINFO partition is partition 5, it is what we used to called IMEI partition. That partition also stores your SN (the one you find on the back of the phone when you remove the battery). The unlock code depends on both, your imei number and your SN, so if they don't match it won't work. I will try to get you an unlocked oeminfo.

Guest hippy dave

Thank you :)

Yeah I lost my original OEMINFO partition, I didn't realise that the backup I'd made with 5irom was incomplete (had partition 10 and 11 but not 5...) - so I edited the IMEI back in with that tool (DFS?) but the serial is lost. I haven't checked whether it's possible to edit the serial number in the same way.

Guest plewis1981

OEMINFO partition is partition 5, it is what we used to called IMEI partition. That partition also stores your SN (the one you find on the back of the phone when you remove the battery). The unlock code depends on both, your imei number and your SN, so if they don't match it won't work. I will try to get you an unlocked oeminfo.

Thanks that would be awesome!!

If I were to email huawei with my imei and an ( from about phone ) explaining why it is not as it should be should they be able to produce a code that will work, or is all lost for officially unlocking my boot loader by code

thanks for all the info