[DEV][ROM] CyanogenMod 10 (Android 4.1.2) for ZTE V9

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

this is a CyanogenMod 10 based ROM for ZTE V9 - the resistive screen model. it is based on daemond's work http://www.modaco.co...-konstats-work/ for ZTE Blade. This is not an official CyanogenMod rom - expect it to eat all your data and brick your v9. you have been warned. having said that, I have lightly tested it, and it works fine for me.

cm-10-20130714-PenguinKANG-v9.zip
md5sum 21c8e863ba237f3b7e85b27674f5d3c5

See daemond's thread for gapps.

NOTE:
- you will need >154MB in /system to flash this rom (my .au Optus v9 has 220MB), and initial boot will take ~5mins

Like my CyanogenMod 10.1 rom everything in this rom should work.

Why should I use this old cm10 (4.1.2) rom rather than cm10.1 (4.2.2)?
- bluetooth should work much more reliably than cm10.1
- everything seems a bit faster in this rom than cm10.1 (although probably still not as fast as cm7)

Why should I use cm10.1 rather than this rom?
- it is newer and has more features
- the cm10.1 rom is better supported, tested, and will get updates and bugfixes from upstream
- cm10.1 is my daily driver - I don't use this cm10 rom - so releases will be few and far between

Sources are at my github
Build instructions are here

Thanks to daemond, KonstaT, CyanogenMod & everyone who's been working on CM10 and ARMv6.
Thanks to falcon4fun for testing the beta version of this rom.

ChangeLog

2013-07-14

• security update to cm10 upstream (bugfixes from cm10.1.2)

2013-07-11

• update to latest cm10 upstream - primarily for Android "master key" bug (bugfixes from cm10.1.1)
  • made notification shade transparent (bugfix for falcon4fun)

2013-05-18

• initial release
Edited by PlaguedByPenguins

Guest HarryPirate

Thank you very much for your effort!

Now ZTE V9 had all the CM versions compiled to it!

Since you solved the problems which were slowing down CM10.1 I will support you by giving you feedback to that ROM.

Tank you once more!

• 1 month later...
Guest PlaguedByPenguins

Any news?

what news do you want?

upstream cm10 isn't really under much development - almost all effort and new features go into cm10.1.

if you think there's a good reason to do another cm10 build then let me know.

Guest falcon4fun

Found bug, when changing from the status bar (under top slider) screen timeout, the result 15/1min/5min is showing behind this "black status screen", so I should slide it back to see result of option changing..

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

Found bug, when changing from the status bar (under top slider) screen timeout, the result 15/1min/5min is showing behind this "black status screen", so I should slide it back to see result of option changing..

yup. looks like a small bug to me. it is fixed in cm10.1. StatusBar code changed a lot between 10 and 10.1. I would guess this is the cm10.1 commit that fixed this particular problem. I have no idea whether that commit could be cherry-picked and apply cleanly to an old cm10 tree, but you get the idea...

if I ever do another cm10 build (which is doubtful - I only use cm10.1) then I'll try to backport this patch for you. if you want it fixed any time soon then you should probably just build a rom yourself. pointers to the instructions are above. please let me know if the instructions are unclear.

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

due to the recent Android "master key" bug I've released a new 20130711 rom.

the notification shade transparency issue is fixed too.

enjoy.

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

the site posted the above twice, so I'll edit this one to add:

I've only booted this rom for ~1 hour so it's "lightly tested" ;)

Edited by PlaguedByPenguins

Guest falcon4fun

I've changed from 5.13 to 7.11. (Still used beta)

Problem with a Mass Storage. There is no it with the debug enabled (like was with the 10.1)

Edited by falcon4fun

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

I've changed from 5.13 to 7.11. (Still used beta)

Problem with a Mass Storage. There is no it with the debug enabled (like was with the 10.1)

USB Mass Storage works fine for me on 10 and 10.1, both with and without USB debugging enabled. it must be something wrong with your setup.

It could be the USB IDs on your PC are incorrect, or it might be something you have added to your ROM that has broken USB somehow.

see this google page for USB setup information.

Guest falcon4fun

USB Mass Storage works fine for me on 10 and 10.1, both with and without USB debugging enabled. it must be something wrong with your setup.

It could be the USB IDs on your PC are incorrect, or it might be something you have added to your ROM that has broken USB somehow.

see this google page for USB setup information.

O what about enabled debugging? With disabled works fine.

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

new 20130714 rom uploaded.

this is a security update that synchronises with cm10.1.2 (the 20130711 rom was with cm10.1.1)

Guest falcon4fun

both work fine

I've no MassStorage devic with debug enabled. The same problem, like was on 10.1, like I remember but don't know if it was fixed

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

unfortunately the webserver I was using for roms doesn't seem happy any more.

I'm trying out Mega instead...

I would suggest downloading via desktop Firefox or Chrome browsers rather than directly to v9.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joe_cuek

i have just flashing the rom but after it finish the touch screen didn't work, it could work if i touched the back/menu button + screen, please tell me what i must to do, or maybe do the next update to repair the touch screen.

just info: my zte v9 is MTC operator not the optus

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

i have just flashing the rom but after it finish the touch screen didn't work, it could work if i touched the back/menu button + screen, please tell me what i must to do, or maybe do the next update to repair the touch screen.

sounds like you have the capacative v9 "v9c". this rom is for the resistive screen v9.

Guest joe_cuek

I don't know it is resistive or capasitive but my tablet is v9 not v9c, because if I flashed it with another v9 rom that is V9_GENERICXX it worked normally, or maybe you have the capasitive version of this rom?

Guest mufidfathul

please re-read the first post.

I'he trouble with this cyanogenmod 10. Everything run well except the phone. every time I call or somebody calling me the phone crash....I don't know what happened. Thank god you've released cyanogenmod 10.1 that everything run smooth and well, just only bluetooth that difficult to search other device...thank uuu...

Guest PlaguedByPenguins

I'he trouble with this cyanogenmod 10. Everything run well except the phone. every time I call or somebody calling me the phone crash....I don't know what happened. Thank god you've released cyanogenmod 10.1 that everything run smooth and well, just only bluetooth that difficult to search other device...thank uuu...

glad you like the roms.

I just (re-)tried, and phone calls on cm10 work fine for me. there are probably only 100 to 1000 folks using this cm10 rom, but I think I would have heard a lot more about it if they all couldn't make phone calls.

so I think it's something about your phone or how you flashed cm10 on there. eg. apps can get very confused by left over or newer settings or contacts databases.

maybe do a backup, and then wipe more partitions and try again. change as few settings from stock as possible.

Guest Morfiy_by

Thank you for this creation! I take with pleasure!

Greetings! The question is not on the firmware itself. In 2.3.7 was a great feature "screen effects." With its help, you can calibrate the color reproduction. Is it possible to implement this on 4.x?