dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Haier W910

That's fine if you have CWM installed but on Stock 952 you can't install CWM

Why not? Can't you follow this tutorial for example?

http://www.modaco.co...date-root-more/

However if you use that tutorial and intend staying on ICS/JB then don't do their bootloader unlock but instead follow this tutorial:

http://www.modaco.co...guide-included/

But if you are ultimately going back to GB and will use the ICS to GB downgrade zip mentioned above (which restores the original GB bootloader) then you can just do the unofficial ICS bootloader unlock if you don't have an official bootloader unlock code.

Hope this helps.

vhristenco

vhristenco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:G300
and if you don't want/need cwm, then what?

vhristenco

vhristenco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
and if you don't want/need cwm, then what?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts
Well you could just ignore it once installed if you don't need it.
Or flash a stock ROM update.app to restore the original recovery.
I'm not sure what your point has to do with the earlier poster's problem and the advice that I and others are posting in attempt to help them?! :unsure:
Maybe you have a better way for them to recover their phone and get back to GB?

vhristenco

vhristenco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
I already posted my solution for downgrading to GB, see the first post.
The purpose of that tutorial is to help an unexperienced user to get back to stock gb (as in "the way the phone was when I bought it") without too muxh hassle. Just a few steps.
No cwm, no custom ROMs, just stock GB.
If you have a better/faster solution for downgrading to stock GB without cwm please post it and you'll get the credits. :)

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts
But isn't hacking the IMEI risky - even after it has been restored? I linked to threads that suggest this to be the case earlier.

kubikmar

kubikmar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
The transition from B952 to any other rom including GB, only through a small update.app no interference in the IMEI.

1.install a small update.app - http://ulozto.cz/xEU8sSt7/update-app
2.installing any update.app for example B895

Without removing the IMEI!!

Edited by kubikmar, 17 September 2013 - 09:16 PM.

vhristenco

vhristenco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
IMEI backup/restore isn't more dangerous than CWM backup/restore. Both procedures read/write some memory blocks from/to the phone.

bjasspa

bjasspa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Just like to say thank you vhristenco for spending time to create this process - very helpful and I'm now back at GB. I think I hit all the reported problems: no superuser till reboot into recovery, no wifi at B892 if upgrading from B882, can't then just update with B895 without going all the way back to step 3. So I would recommend a few alterations:

To the start of step 5 I would add something to the effect of 'Choose either B882 or B895 to flash, note that there have been WiFi issues caused by flashing B882 and then upgrading to B892 via OTA'

Change step 6 Windows section from 'launch GingerbreadRoot.exe. When it finishes, your phone will reboot.' to 'launch GingerbreadRoot.exe. When it finishes, remove the battery, wait for 3 seconds, re-insert the battery then power the phone while keeping Volume UP pressed. It will take you to recovery. From recovery, select "Reboot system".' (thanks for the tip vhristenco!) - can't comment on other OSs.

Potentially re-edit the 'As some people are having trouble upgrading via OTA to B895' paragraph or at least state that steps 3-7 must be repeated (and step 2 if they deleted their IMEI backup!).

I think these edits would capture most of the issues reported and make this a little more straight forward. Thanks again for an excellent post!

ghini

ghini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Houston, we have a problem!

Did all steps, everything was ok for two weeks. Today, duriing browsing, the phone freezed. I had to remove the battery and reinstert it to be able to do something. But now the phone doesn't even boot. The Huawei logo appears and freezes. Tried to remove/reinsert battery several times. Volume down + power does nothing. Volume down + volume up + power starts the pink progress bar, but every time it freezes at 1/3. Connecting to computer does nothing either. Now what?...

vhristenco

vhristenco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
If everything was working fine for two weeks, then I don't think the problem is related to the downgrade.

Try to remove the batter, wait for 2 seconds, then re-insert the battery and press poweron while holding the vol+ button pressed.
This will get you to recovery mode. Once there, restore the device to default settings.

ghini

ghini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

It freezes on huawei logo when I do that... kept them both pressed for more than 30 secs

vhristenco

vhristenco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Are you absolutely sure that you press the Volume UP button and not Volume DOWN?

ghini

ghini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

yes I am... I also tried to change the dload folder with one with another folder. It still gets stuck at some point. So: pink progress bar gets stuck at some point, depending to the version of dload. Anything else trying leads to huawei logo freezed.

I'm thinking about taking it to warranty. Considering the present situation, vodafone could find out that I rooted it?

vhristenco

vhristenco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
if it's rooted, they will find out.

ghini

ghini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

and is it rooting against warranty laws? :)

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

yes I am... I also tried to change the dload folder with one with another folder. It still gets stuck at some point. So: pink progress bar gets stuck at some point, depending to the version of dload. Anything else trying leads to huawei logo freezed.

I'm thinking about taking it to warranty. Considering the present situation, vodafone could find out that I rooted it?

Make sure that the /dload/update.app is on the external sd card (sometimes people inadvertently put it on the internal "sd card" 2GB partition - e.g. when dragging and dropping from the PC with USB file sharing enabled and the pick the wrong drive letter) and if possible reformat your sdcard and try again or try another card. Sometimes this can help but no guarantee that it will here...

Hope this helps

vhristenco

vhristenco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
@ghini: yes, rooting will void your warranty.

Try to install cwm (there are plenty of tutorials on how to do it) then do a full wipe.
BTW, what app were you using when it frozen?

shweeney

shweeney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

The transition from B952 to any other rom including GB, only through a small update.app no interference in the IMEI.

1.install a small update.app - http://ulozto.cz/xEU8sSt7/update-app
2.installing any update.app for example B895

Without removing the IMEI!!

I can confirm that the above middle package works fine for downgrading from B952 direct to B895 (in combination with the official Huawei B895 update.app)

I've tried various different builds of CM, Stock+ and the stock ICS ROM but the fact is the G300 is a dog with ICS or JB installed.  GB is old, but its stable and reasonably smooth.  

Having downgraded I also can't believe how much extra internal space I now have for apps (500MB compared with about 200MB for a clean ICS install) - is ICS really that much bigger?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,836 posts

I've used this to go between ICS/JB and GB and vice versa.

I'm on GB (superslim) including GB baseband right now and the phone is running really well.

My personal experience is also that GB works best on this phone.

Edit: forgot to post link! When I said "this" above I meant THIS! :)

http://www.modaco.co...-from-recovery/

Edited by dalyer, 14 October 2013 - 10:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users