The next budget monster

Guest grizzlyflea

Guest grizzlyflea

This phone was an absolute beast for its price, but thanks to the likes of the big cooperations this phones potential never did get appreciated. So what is the next powerful but budget phone we can move on to which will get developer love?

Guest domenico lamberti

unfortunatly you cant predict what will get dev love or not, everyone thought this would have, instead, nope

Guest Andymac1969

This phone was an absolute beast for its price, but thanks to the likes of the big cooperations this phones potential never did get appreciated. So what is the next powerful but budget phone we can move on to which will get developer love?

You cannot predict, but looking at the Huawei G300 that took off in a big way, I have got myself a Huawei G510, its huge, comes with Jelly Bean, Dual Core, 512mb of RAM (which has not caused any issues!)

Huawei will openly give you the bootloader unlock code, ROM's are starting to appear, and it's generally a nice fast well built phone, £130 online with Vodafone, no topup required, easy to SIM unlock, Rootable what more do you want??

Guest MrPuddington

unfortunatly you cant predict what will get dev love or not, everyone thought this would have, instead, nope

Well, I think you can predict that if a phone is so locked down that you cannot run custom ROMs, nobody is going to develop custom ROMs...

It is a shame that kexec never really worked, and even without kexec it would have been possible (but painful and risky) to modify the userland.

I think the biggest flaw with the AZ210 is that it is easily bricked, and difficult/impossible to unbrick. Some of the more budget Android devices have a built in bootloader that can always be used to unbrick, and that really helps with modding.

Guest BlueMoonRising

You cannot predict, but looking at the Huawei G300 that took off in a big way, I have got myself a Huawei G510, its huge, comes with Jelly Bean, Dual Core, 512mb of RAM (which has not caused any issues!)

Huawei will openly give you the bootloader unlock code, ROM's are starting to appear, and it's generally a nice fast well built phone, £130 online with Vodafone, no topup required, easy to SIM unlock, Rootable what more do you want??

Bootloader unlock for the OSD :D , we can but dream...

Guest Andymac1969

Bootloader unlock for the OSD :D , we can but dream...

I still have and love the OSD, I bought it knowing it was locked, but it's one hell of a phone, it really could have been the modders phone of choice, but clearly not to be, such a pity, but clearly someone is very blinkered

Guest gwebb

I still have and love the OSD, I bought it knowing it was locked, but it's one hell of a phone, it really could have been the modders phone of choice, but clearly not to be, such a pity, but clearly someone is very blinkered

Intel should not have gone through the branding route. Xolo, Megafon and Orange have added nothing of value, and held up the roll out of OS updates that would have made the AZ210 amongst the first to get the latest versions of Android.

Intel would have probably sold at least as many phones by offering the phone SIM free on a online store as is done with the Nexus 4.

Great hardware but wasted potential.

Guest sang3eta

I've ordered an Orange Sony Xperia SP

Has a metal bezel so hopefully it wont crack up within a month!

2x the Quadrant Benchmark Score of the Orange San Diego (OSD)

A little over twice the price though £250.

For someone on a tighter gaming phone budget, check out the ZTE Grand X V970

Ice Cream Sandwich 1Ghz Arm Dual Core and Nvidia Tegra 2 - £120ish new on ebay.

There is an Intel Version too called Grand X In (I think I'd go with the Arm version though for better game compatibility)

I had a ZTE Blade for 2 years the build quality was sound.

There's also the Jaiyu G2 (£99) and Jaiyu G3 (£156) to consider.

I have no idea on build quality from this manufacturer.

But the specs and benchmarks look good.

Edited by sang3eta

Guest sang3eta

Im thinking of importing a Zopo c2 from china, it has all the goodies of the latest uk handsets for a bargain price of roughly £150 if you shop around. quad core, 13mp camera, 1gb ram, 5" 1080p retina screen e.t.c http://www.zopomobil...smartphone.html

5" is more a tablet than a phone, you're gonna need big pockets and big hands.

The Quad Core only seems to benchmark the same 3994 as the Orange San Diego!

If you get stung for import duty it will be more like £180-200.

Edited by sang3eta

Guest grizzlyflea

Just noticed Orange now have another budget monster 2Ghz Intel Atom Motorola RAZR i for £150.

THIS!!! I'm, going to return my current OSD to orange, I keep running into genuine problems with this device, especially the darn power button, they've already repaired it once. I think that an extra £50 for a the Motorola is a worthy investment. Intel phones are just phenomenal

Guest xolo x900_2

the Lenovo k900 would be my next phone ...it only cost $500 and it beats the $#!t out of the s4...I hope I get enough money for it or maybe after an year or so

Guest shootomanUK

5" is more a tablet than a phone, you're gonna need big pockets and big hands.

The Quad Core only seems to benchmark the same 3994 as the Orange San Diego!

If you get stung for import duty it will be more like £180-200.

well It seems 5" screens are the norm now and its 1080p, as for the benchmark I don't know where you seen that score, the score I seen was 10228. easily a better phone than the osd imo