is it safe to use unlock tool when changed motherboard?

Guest m@f

my unit has also been at service with the known issue and changed the mb. haven't found an definitely answer about this..

is it safe to use asus unlock tool after changed motherboard?

Edited by m@f

Guest Koplinjp

my unit has also been at service with the known issue and changed the mb. haven't found an definitely answer about this..

is it safe to use asus unlock tool after changed motherboard?

Sorry, what "known issue"? I had a asus padfone 2 that "died", it was unlocked and rooted, but after 30 days waitting for repair (new battery and motherboard) the phone didn't arrived to the store and they gave me a new unit.

But i gess a phone with a new motherboard, is like a new one, other IMEI... So i gess you could use the unlock tool.

In my personal experience, i'll wait until the root method and the CMW recovery (or TWRP) be more intuitive and have a safe method...

Why do you need to unlock the phone, may i ask?

Edited by Koplinjp

to root ;)

the known issue is the phone just die and can't boot up anymore.. in any way and can't connect to it by computer and so...

i didn't get a brand new unit but the same one with a changed mb..

i don't want to brick my phone and that's the reason i wrote here to know if anyone have done the root again including the unlock tool after changed the mb..

Guest narutofma

new MB, ouch, rooting might be no longer possible. since the new MB for PF2 does not work well with the Unlocking tool.

new MB, ouch, rooting might be no longer possible. since the new MB for PF2 does not work well with the Unlocking tool.

and that's why I ask.... has anyone tried to unlock and root with success..?:mellow:

Edited by m@f

Guest narutofma

and that's why I ask.... has anyone tried to unlock and root with success..? :mellow:

read some post prior to this Topic, I read it in this forum some where, someone tried to unlock with bootloader unlock provided by Asus. It does not work.

read some post prior to this Topic, I read it in this forum some where, someone tried to unlock with bootloader unlock provided by Asus. It does not work.

yes you're right..sadly .

i decided to try running the unlock tool from asus and it just gave me the " there is no internet connection"

therefore we have to wait for asus to upgrade their tool to include the new mb as well..

Guest narutofma

yes you're right..sadly .

i decided to try running the unlock tool from asus and it just gave me the " there is no internet connection"

therefore we have to wait for asus to upgrade their tool to include the new mb as well..

i contacted them, their reply in Chinese is NO update will be given, final answer.

i contacted them, their reply in Chinese is NO update will be given, final answer.

oh that really sucks... :angry:

well must live with no root then....

• 2 months later...
Guest Koplinjp

Well, asus padfone 2 owners, using the alternative solution to root (framaroot), is there a way to intall twrp or cwm (and custom roms)? Tanks...

Guest Koplinjp

Just a tip... Try create a new google account, do some backups, do a full wipe, put the new google account and try the unlock toll again... I don't know for sure if it works... Post the results, please, it will be some good info for others...

Guest Koplinjp

Just a tip... Try create a new google account, do some backups, do a full wipe, put the new google account and try the unlock toll again... I don't know for sure if it works... Post the results, please, it will be some good info for others...

Well, I tried this tip... No good...

Guest Koplinjp

Today i asked ASUS if it's possible to unlock my bootloader (i also have a new motherboard now)... They asked me my firmware version and my mac adress (wi-fi)... Waitting for a answer...

• 4 months later...

I got my motherboard changed and im running guerilla nos rom again so i'd say its safe :) atleast it worked on me

got my motherboard changed when my charger plug was damaged

Edited by Pootis

• 1 month later...
Guest shigileeni

Today i asked ASUS if it's possible to unlock my bootloader (i also have a new motherboard now)... They asked me my firmware version and my mac adress (wi-fi)... Waitting for a answer...

Dear Koplinjp,

What did you do to make the unlock bootloader tool work for you?

I have the same problem after repair my Padfone Infinity they changed the motherboard. after that the "ASUS unlock boot loader tools" is not working any more for me !!!

Guest shigileeni

I got my motherboard changed and im running guerilla nos rom again so i'd say its safe :) atleast it worked on me

got my motherboard changed when my charger plug was damaged

Dear Pootis,

What did you do to make the unlock bootloader tool work for you?

I have the same problem after repair my Padfone Infinity they changed the motherboard. after that the "ASUS unlock boot loader tools" is not working any more for me !!!