[ROM][Crescent] RootBox - CM/AOKP/PA mix - Android 4.2.2 (26/05/2013)

Guest gbosh

Guest gbosh

post-932905-0-27796300-1361181744_thumb.png

... or "Yet-another-CM/AOKP/PA-mix" 4.2.2 ROM which I find quite interesting and fast.

Detailed info can be found in the original thread @ XDA: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1806401

Pie, as you know it from PA, has also some further additions. E.g. it shows complete (with clock and notifications) even if expanded

desktop is not enabled (when status bar is visible).

Screenshots

post-932905-0-98272400-1361181809_thumb.png post-932905-0-80083300-1361181825_thumb.png

post-932905-0-17885300-1361181839_thumb.png post-932905-0-39807400-1361181873_thumb.png post-932905-0-30354600-1361181887_thumb.png post-932905-0-37862600-1361181919_thumb.png

This is a rom suitable for advanced users only not whining about all the well known problems

or missing features.

Known issues

- no Camera flash

- no Front Camera

- bluetooth temperamental

- no Voice input (because of armv6)

- no thumbnails for recorded videos

- launcher home screen not showing at first boot - press home button to fix

- and all the others I forgot about or haven't came across yet

Download

- ROM (p736e): https://docs.google....nFKUzNFUEU/edit (release 26/05/2013)

- ROM (p736v): https://docs.google....mZNYmFFZGc/edit (release 26/05/2013)

- Gapps: http://tinyw.in/qpn6 (updated 29/03/2013)

- Gapps Multi-DPI: http://tinyw.in/nSGc (updated 29/03/2013 - use in case of using other than stock DPI. Play store won't complain about apps incompatibilities)

- OPTIONAL: Compatible INT2EXT+ script: http://tinyw.in/Zjvl (flash after flashing rom and gapps)

Installation instructions

- Download ROM, Gapps ZIPs to your SD card

- Boot into clockworkmod

- Backup your current ROM (optional but highly recommended)

- Wipe Data / factory reset

- Wipe cache

- Advanced / Wipe dalvik cache

- Mounts & Storage / format system (just to be sure)

- install zip from SD card - choose ROM zip

- install zip from SD card - choose Gapps zip

- reboot

- let it settle for couple of minutes until media scanner finishes its media scanning job. Otherwise UI might be a bit laggy.

- complete google setup and press Home if there's blank screen instead of launcher showing

Upgrade instructions - without wiping data

- Download ROM, Gapps ZIPs to your SD card

- Boot into ClockworkMod

- Backup your current version (optional but recommended)

- Wipe cache

- Advanced / wipe dalvik cache

- Mounts&storage / format system

- install zip from SD card - choose ROM zip

- install zip from SD card - choose Gapps zip

- reboot

- if you experience stability problems or other undesired behaviour, go for fresh install!!!

Reporting Bugs

When reporting, please:

1) provide as much detailed info as you can: e.g. what performance settings you use, method of increasing internal memory, ...

2) provide steps to reproduce the issue (if reproduceable)

3) attach a logcat containing info related to the particular incident (use aLogcat from play store)

Since I am not an Oracle I will ignore all bug reports that lack this information :)

Additionally, I will not provide any support for 3rd party user-apps that don't come with the ROM.

Thank you for understanding.

Source code

ROM: https://github.com/P.../tree/rb-jb-mr1

Respect and credits go mainly to Tilal and KonstaT for doing all the dirty

work to bring JellyBean to ZTE devices. Dazzozo for bringing all of that to the Blade 2. The original author Bajee11@XDA, the whole androidarmv6 project team, AOKP team, Paranoid Android team, CyanogenMod and all the others involved. C3C0 for bringing this ROM to the Skate and providing the source he used and most of this post since it's almost a direct copy of his in the Skate section. Special thanks to daemond for great patches solving the remaining issues (sound routing, HW VSYNC, video playback, ...)

Edited by gbosh

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Thanks bud, will try it out and report on any bugs not in the list :)

(Think I'll need to get rid of the boot screen, it's horribly large and convoluted)

Quick question too..

What's the best partition layout to use for a 16GB SDCard? I'm trying 512MB EXT and 0MB Swap.

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest gbosh

Depends on how much of the 16 GB you want to use. The max I think is 2 GB but that's depending on your data partition size,I think it's like 100mb per 500 or 1000 mb or something like that,

I personally use1GB and a lot of stuff fits on there.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I tried disabling the bootscreen last night through the option in the settings and the phone wouldn't boot at all, stuck on the droid logo, any idea why?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try reformatting my card with 1GB, what would you put the swap to, I presume setting it to 0MB forces the phone to use the internal memory?

Guest dodgetimmy

A few questions:

Are there any overclocking options built in? I tried enabling developer mode by tapping about several times but I can't find those options that should appear like in CM.

How can I tell the INT2EXT+ script is working?

I downloaded the slim gapps package from the OP, but they don't seem to be working, the install in CWM works fine (no warning or anything), but they just don't appear in my apps, I have a 200mb partition. If that is not enough, what system partition is needed for this ROM?

Edited by dodgetimmy

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

I'm using the "The_real_dark_SLIM_gapps.zip" pack, it's got all the Gapps in black, they look really nice with these roms and installed fine on mine, they even include YouTube (although you can get rid of it after obviously)

Edited by PsYcHoKiLLa

Guest supermasters

Does it have Play store? or we have to grind for that for hours?

if you dont can you kindly just add it in your patch least adding two things are must, play store + file manager (any that you like) please!

going to try now

cheers

Guest supermasters

I'm using the "The_real_dark_SLIM_gapps.zip" pack, it's got all the Gapps in black, they look really nice with these roms and installed fine on mine, they even include YouTube (although you can get rid of it after obviously)

what is difference between

ROM (p736e): https://docs.google....nFKUzNFUEU/edit (release 26/05/2013)

&

Guest dodgetimmy

What TPT are you using because even these won't install for me with the stock 200mb system partition. If you don't know, could you download diskinfo and take a screenshot? Or tell us what your system partition max size is?

Does it have Play store? or we have to grind for that for hours?

if you dont can you kindly just add it in your patch least adding two things are must, play store + file manager (any that you like) please!

going to try now

cheers

It doesn't have any of the google apps by default apart from Gmail. For that you need the gapps package, which is what we are having problems with above.

what is difference between

ROM (p736e): https://docs.google....nFKUzNFUEU/edit (release 26/05/2013)

&

You need to go to about in settings to find out what version you have. In the UK e = T-Mobile Vivicity and v= Orange San Fransisco II

Guest dodgetimmy

gave error on both: - ROM (p736e) & - ROM (p736v)

error: (status 7)

I got that error when my system partition wasn't big enough. Download and install a TPT from here with a bigger system partition:

Guest dodgetimmy

A few questions:

Are there any overclocking options built in? I tried enabling developer mode by tapping about several times but I can't find those options that should appear like in CM.

How can I tell the INT2EXT+ script is working?

I downloaded the slim gapps package from the OP, but they don't seem to be working, the install in CWM works fine (no warning or anything), but they just don't appear in my apps, I have a 200mb partition. If that is not enough, what system partition is needed for this ROM?

Pls fix gapps bug,cause I have the same problem.

Okay, apparently a 200mb system partition is not enough, you need 220mb.

First bug I have found after install official apps is a message stating that "google text to speech has stopped working". You can repeat on first boot after installing gapps, or by installing google maps and trying to use navigation for the first time.

Edited by dodgetimmy

Guest supermasters

You need to go to about in settings to find out what version you have. In the UK e = T-Mobile Vivicity and v= Orange San Fransisco II

Thanks for fast reply, i just want to get this phone sorted to send to my cousin as gift he haven't had any touch phone so thought i'd just gift this one till he get used to it.

Its unlocked which was on Orange now running 2.3.5 FNC/Sweedish something.

And i dont know what is TPT and how do you install it, i downloaded and went to recovery didnt show up n didnt know how to install that and 2ndly i tried holding Power buttong + Vol up + home keys didnt work, then tried Home + Vol+ key didnt work so got frustrated as i dont khow how this would work where do i have to go the description on the thread for TPT are so vague!!

i hope get some help to get it going.

Btw i have installed currently CyanogenMod: 10-2012901-UNOFFICIAL-blade2

version 4.1.1

baseband ver

P736VB01

and at end i am completely lost, please help me with step by step process so i may follow i am running recovery 6.0.0.8 CWM

thanks in advance

d

Guest supermasters

forgot to mention the build doesn't show market even tried installing latest one it just opens n closes and is very frustrating. i tried some roms here most from latest rom wont install and rest are just 2.3 or 2.5 or something like that which have everything but very old.

Ta

Guest dodgetimmy

Thanks for fast reply, i just want to get this phone sorted to send to my cousin as gift he haven't had any touch phone so thought i'd just gift this one till he get used to it.

Its unlocked which was on Orange now running 2.3.5 FNC/Sweedish something.

And i dont know what is TPT and how do you install it, i downloaded and went to recovery didnt show up n didnt know how to install that and 2ndly i tried holding Power buttong + Vol up + home keys didnt work, then tried Home + Vol+ key didnt work so got frustrated as i dont khow how this would work where do i have to go the description on the thread for TPT are so vague!!

i hope get some help to get it going.

Btw i have installed currently CyanogenMod: 10-2012901-UNOFFICIAL-blade2

version 4.1.1

baseband ver

P736VB01

and at end i am completely lost, please help me with step by step process so i may follow i am running recovery 6.0.0.8 CWM

thanks in advance

d

forgot to mention the build doesn't show market even tried installing latest one it just opens n closes and is very frustrating. i tried some roms here most from latest rom wont install and rest are just 2.3 or 2.5 or something like that which have everything but very old.

Ta

Some roms don't include the market. Thats why you have to install Gapps afterwards.

Find out what model you have p736v (Orange San Fransisco II) or p736e(vivicity) in settings first, if you have a vivicity then you can't install large roms because there isn't a TPT big enough. - If you want the latest, I would try slimbean, since that is the only small rom of jelly bean.

If you have a San Fransisco then you can install a TPT using the instructions from the TPT threads in this forum.

After install the TPT, you just use the instructions at the start of your chosen ROM thread.

Its that simple.

Btw, if you want working functionality, I would just stick with the default TPT and use a GIngerbread ROM like fish n chips. There are many non-working features on ICS and JB such as no front camera, bluetooth problems, no camera flash etc and generally, you will always come accross problems compared to GB.

On a separate note, another question:

Does this ROM have support for initd? Because it needs that support to run in2ext. - I cannot find the initd file or folder in the rom package and in2ext doesn't work for me.

Also, does it support swap?

Edited by dodgetimmy

Guest OuahOuah

init.d scripts are in /etc/init.d

It is a "Linux-like" feature.

So if you flash any A2SD/Int2EXT script, it adds a shell script in this directory.

I might be wrong of course but it is an "Android" feature, not linked to any kind of specific ROM.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

On a separate note, another question:

Does this ROM have support for initd? Because it needs that support to run in2ext. - I cannot find the initd file or folder in the rom package and in2ext doesn't work for me.

Also, does it support swap?

Must do cos I'm using int2ext+ with it from the first post and it works fine, also I doubt gbosh would include that in the first post if the rom didn't support it, would be kinda redundant, no?

Guest dodgetimmy

Theres a difference between int2ext+ and int2ext+v2

The latter can partition a swap file on the internal memory making the whole process of storing apps between internal memory and SD Card faster.

I guess my question is whether this rom supports it is and where this extra 32mb of internal memory comes from? System or Data?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...