PLEASE! Read the entire guide BEFORE you start!
You Only Need To Do This If Your Baseband Is 2030,(You can find this by going Settings > About Phone, and looking at the Baseband Version) It is not, then your bootloader is already unlocked
If you are not sure what to do or are confused just ask, we all have to start somewhere!
Note: You will not be able to change the Huawei Ascend splash screen with the mods. (Its the bootloader, I am trying to find a fix for it!)
You do not need to unlock the bootloader if you want to stay on a Stock ROM, it is only for using a custom ROM.
Please, Can You take a few seconds to press the Button of every one of my posts in this tutorial! It's a quick way of saying thanks, and it makes me happy to see all the reputation points that I have (I know - I'm sad! )
Also, You Can Now Relock Your Bootloader With This Post!
Why would I want to unlock the bootloader anyway?????
You unlock your bootloader so you can install any custom ROM on your G300, otherwise the phone would reject it, and refuse to boot it. It does this by getting the a special key from the installed ROM, and it then checks to see if it is the official one. You also do it to flash a custom recovery Unlocking officially is better than any "hack" or unofficial methods because the unofficial bootloader can cause random restarts when you are on a 3G Network. (3G Reboots). By the way, this has nothing to do with the network or SIM unlock, this is completely different!
Before we start, If anything goes wrong, I can't take any responsibility for it. I have done this though, and it has worked for me.
You Will Need:
1. An Administrator Account. You will need this to perform some operations that need administrator privileges, like setting permissions on folders and creating folders on the top level of the C: drive.
2. A Copy of the ADB, You can download the latest version here. I have also included the 188.8.131.52 Touch Recovery (By Dazzozo). To be able to use this, you will need to create a folder called
at the top level of the C: (Windows) Drive. You will need to add permissions to this folder, so the ADB can use it properly. To do this, right click the folder, and go to properties. Now go to security, and then press the Edit button. Click add, and type:
in the top box, and then check the full control box in the allow column. Now click OK to all of the boxes. Now you will need to extract it. Choose the ADB folder you made earlier.
3. The USB Drivers. This is so the computer can communicate with the phone. You can download these here.
4. A copy of WinRar, to manage the split archives that you may need to use. You can download these here.
5. Your Unlock password. Contact them with this form including your:
- Serial Number
- The Device is the U8815 (Just U8815) - (It is the U8818 if you have NFC)
- Some people have reported that Huawei send the wrong unlock codes, the code is a hexadecimal code (I think). The only things that you can have in the code is:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 A B C D E F
An example code is:
5.1 If people can't get the product ID, as you are on a non-stock ROM, or the steps do not work for you, then you can email them at
Here is a quick template for an email:
6. An 8GB Micro SD Card. You will need this to store the backup if you have a custom recovery. A 4GB is the minimum but you *may* run out of space during the Nandroid.
7. Your G300 (Obviously!) It MUST be FULLY Charged! The last thing you need is the battery dying in a force update, or its very likely that the phone will be bricked.
1. Install The USB Drivers. You will need this so that your PC can communicate with the phone properly. Just keep clicking next. You don't need to change any settings.
2. Go to the phone, and go to the home screen. Then press the options button and the press settings. Then scroll all the way down to the end. You should see an option called developer options. If you don't see this, go into about phone and then tap build number 6 times. Then go back and then go into developer options. Now tick:
ADB Notify (This might not be there on a Stock ROM)
Also change root access to Apps and ADB (If you are on a Stock ROM, then this might not also be there. It's fine
3. Plug the phone into the PC using the original cable if you can. Also connect it directly to the PC. Do not use a hub!!!
4. On a Stock / Stock Based ROM, you need to turn off fast boot. To do this go home, press the options button and press settings. Now scroll all the way down and turn off fast boot.
Have you flashed anything Custom (Like a Recovery, or a ROM)?
Click the answer to this! Do not scroll down, as you can do steps that you do not need to do!
Edited by george109, 11 November 2013 - 10:45 PM.