[Tutorial] How to [OFFICIALLY] Unlock The Bootloader [With Definitions] [RELOCK Guide Included!]

Guest george109

Guest george109

:excl: :excl: PLEASE CHECK YOUR MEMORY BEFORE DOING THIS. :excl: :excl:

:excl:  :excl: UNLOCKING WITH HYNIX FLASH CAN CAUSE A BRICK!  :excl: :excl:

:excl:  :excl:Do Not Unlock If You Have Hynix Flash, Until A Fix Is Found!  :excl: :excl:

:excl: PLEASE! Read the entire guide BEFORE you start! :excl:

:excl:You Only Need To Do This If Your Baseband Is 2030,(You can find this by going Settings > About Phone, and looking at the Baseband Version) It is not, then your bootloader is already unlocked :excl:

If you are not sure what to do or are confused just ask, we all have to start somewhere! :)

Note: You will not be able to change the Huawei Ascend splash screen with the mods. (Its the bootloader, I am trying to find a fix for it!)

You do not need to unlock the bootloader if you want to stay on a Stock ROM, it is only for using a custom ROM.

Please, Can You take a few seconds to press the  Button of every one of my posts in this tutorial! It's a quick way of saying thanks, and it makes me happy to see all the reputation points that I have :P (I know - I'm sad!  :lol:)

Also, You Can Now Relock Your Bootloader With This Post!

Why would I want to unlock the bootloader anyway?????

You unlock your bootloader so you can install any custom ROM on your G300, otherwise the phone would reject it, and refuse to boot it. It does this by getting the a special key from the installed ROM, and it then checks to see if it is the official one. You also do it to flash a custom recovery Unlocking officially is better than any "hack" or unofficial methods because the unofficial bootloader can cause random restarts when you are on a 3G Network. (3G Reboots). By the way, this has nothing to do with the network or SIM unlock, this is completely different!
Before we start, If anything goes wrong, I can't take any responsibility for it. I have done this though, and it has worked for me.

You Will Need:

1. An Administrator Account. You will need this to perform some operations that need administrator privileges, like setting permissions on folders and creating folders on the top level of the C: drive.
2. A Copy of the ADB, You can download the latest version here. I have also included the 6.0.2.7 Touch Recovery (By Dazzozo). To be able to use this, you will need to create a folder called

ADB

at the top level of the C: (Windows) Drive. You will need to add permissions to this folder, so the ADB can use it properly. To do this, right click the folder, and go to properties. Now go to security, and then press the Edit button. Click add, and type:

everyone

Now select

everyone

in the top box, and then check the full control box in the allow column. Now click OK to all of the boxes. Now you will need to extract the copy of the ADB. Choose the ADB folder you made earlier.
3. The USB Drivers. This is so the computer can communicate with the phone. You can download these here.
4. A copy of WinRar, to manage the split archives that you may need to use. You can download these here.
5. Your Unlock password. Contact them with this form including your:

- IMEI

- Serial Number
- The Device is the U8815 (Just U8815) - (It is the U8818 if you have NFC)

- Some people have reported that Huawei send the wrong unlock codes, the code is a hexadecimal code (I think). The only things that you can have in the code is:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 A B C D E F

An example code is:

125C4160B059D1F7

5.1 If people can't get the product ID, as you are on a non-stock ROM, or the steps do not work for you, then you can email them at

Here is a quick template for an email:

Subject: URGENT Request Bootloader Unlock Code.
Dear Sir/Madam
Please may I request the bootloader unlock code for my Huawei Ascend G300? Here are some Details:
Serial Number: (Found under the battery) (it is abbreviated to S/N)
IMEI: (Found with the Serial number under the battery)
MAC: (Found with the serial number under the battery)
Baseband: 2030
Please could you send me the code directly, as I cannot access the product ID on my device.
Thank You
(Your Name)

TangerineTractor (Thanks! :D) has told me that if you put URGENT in the subject, then you get a response within 1 day, instead of 3 or no response at all :D. I would also send the email with a High Priority, as then they may respond even quicker!
6. An 8GB Micro SD Card. You will need this to store the backup if you have a custom recovery. A 4GB is the minimum but you *may* run out of space during the Nandroid.
7. Your G300 (Obviously!) :P It MUST be FULLY Charged! The last thing you need is the battery dying in a force update, or its very likely that the phone will be bricked.

Setting Up

1. Install The USB Drivers. You will need this so that your PC can communicate with the phone properly. Just keep clicking next. You don't need to change any settings.
2. Go to the phone, and go to the home screen. Then press the options button and the press settings. Then scroll all the way down to the end. You should see an option called developer options. If you don't see this, go into about phone and then tap build number 6 times. Then go back and then go into developer options. Now tick:
USB Debugging
ADB Notify (This might not be there on a Stock ROM)
Also change root access to Apps and ADB (If you are on a Stock ROM, then this might not also be there. It's fine :)
3. Plug the phone into the PC using the original cable if you can. Also connect it directly to the PC. Do not use a hub!!!
4. On a Stock / Stock Based ROM, you need to turn off fast boot. To do this go home, press the options button and press settings. Now scroll all the way down and turn off fast boot.

Have you flashed anything Custom (Like a Recovery, or a ROM)?

Click the answer to this! Do not scroll down, as you can do steps that you do not need to do!

Yes

No

Don't Have A Clue! :(

Edited by george109

Guest george109

Finding out your Bootloader Version

So, you will need to plug in your phone into a PC, and put it into fastboot mode by turning off the phone. Then hold volume down and power, until the phone has been on the first boot logo for 30 seconds.

Now, You will need to go into the folder where you extracted the ADB resources. It should be in:

C:\ADB
Then press the shift key and then right click, and you should see a menu. You need to click
Open Command Window Here
now, you need to type:

fastboot devices

You should see something like this:

Device Status:

a3dfeda Fastboot 
if it says offline, instead of fastboot, you need to restart your PC. If it still says this, then you need to reinstall the USB drivers. If it still does not work, try another cable and port. Please do not use a hub! Now we are testing to see if there is an official bootloader. Now you need to type

fastboot oem get-bootinfo

If the output is like this:

C:\adb>fastboot oem get-bootinfo

(bootloader)

(bootloader) Bootloader Lock State: LOCKED

(bootloader) System State: OK

(bootloader) Bootloader Version: 001.001.000

(bootloader)

OKAY [ 0.006s]

finished. total time: 0.008s

C:\adb>

Also, You can have this too:

(bootloader)

(bootloader) Bootloader Lock State: RELOCKED

(bootloader)

OKAY [ 0.006s]

This means that you have an official bootloader. You need to go to this post If you get something like this:

_

(Where _ Is flashing)

Press control and C, to cancel the command. You have the "hacked" or unofficial bootloader. You will have to follow this post, to restore the original bootloader.

Edited by george109

Guest george109

Restoring The Original Bootloader:

You will need to restore the original bootloader as if you have installed a recovery or ROM, as the unofficially unlocked one replaces it. These replace the unofficial one, with the original Huawei one, which you can unlock officially. To do this, you will have to do a force update, which will wipe everything (don't worry. You can restore it if you make a backup in ClockWorkMod / TWRP Recovery). To get into recovery, you will need to turn off the phone. Hold the volume UP and then press power. Keep holding the buttons down until you get to recovery mode. If it does not work, wait until the phone has booted then turn it off and try again. Now when you are in recovery, use the volume down key to get to "Backup and Restore". Press home to select. Then press backup to external SD card. This will back up all of your data, so you can restore everything, when you are done. Now you will need to start the force update, to do this, download the Force update (This is an ICS, B952 Update), You will need BOTH files, as I have made a split archive. (Due to mediafire storage limits :( ). Now you will need to download them to the SAME FOLDER! Right click the dload.zip folder and then click extract here.

If you do not see this then you will have to open it with WinRAR. Now click

Extract To 
at the top, and just click OK. Now wait for it to extract. You should now see a folder called dload, open that and then move the dload folder which is INSIDE the dload folder to your desktop. Now you should have one dload folder with a file called update.app inside it. Now, please verify this update.app with this hash generator. The Hashes are:

CRC32: 49ef9ecb

SHA1: af20acf3d79249bbb3ce938d96b7a4e059bd1005

If these are wrong, then you need to download both archives again, and extract them again as well (Sorry, its the only way!) Now you need to mount USB storage (Do it in recovery, as some ROMS do not mount USB storage properly. Now, you will have to copy that dload folder on the desktop and then paste it in the top level of the SD Card. Like this: next post If the update fails, or the progress bar stops you should wait for about 15 minutes to see if it carries on. If it still does not, click the button below:

Copy it:post-1000829-0-34104300-1370980581_thumb Then paste it:post-1000829-0-79589100-1370980567_thumb
Now turn off the phone, and hold the Volume UP AND DOWN buttons at the SAME TIME! Now you will see a screen with a progress bar saying "Unpacking". If you see a pink screen, Check the SD card, and the folder. The dload folder is missing or in the wrong place. Now you will need to wait until it is finished. The phone will reboot, and you will see the ICS set up screen. Just follow the
You will now have to run a "Middle Package". This is a small update that means that you can install another update.app. Download it here, and then put it in the dload folder, just like this force update and then run the update again. It will be very fast, as it is only a small update (about 1kb). Then you can start from the beginning of this post, and you should be able to do the force update.
If it still does not work after this, click the button below:
You will need CWM recovery to be able to update, If you don't have it, follow
this post to get it. Now, Chris Wyatt, has reported that if you flash an ICS repack with Complete wipes - Go into mounts and storage in CWM, then wipe everything except:

/sdcard

/sdcard0

/sdcard1

/sd-ext

Now you have flashed the repack, you will have to go to the CWM home, then go to advanced > reboot recovery. Now wait until it reboots and then flash the relock bootloader zip by jsevi83. Then you can carry on with the tutorial, by following the next post.

Edited by george109

Guest george109

Unlocking The Bootloader

First, you will have to turn on the phone normally, and go into Settings. Now you will need to go all the way to the bottom and turn Fastboot Off!

Now, you need to make sure that the phone is unplugged from the PC. Now turn off the phone, and hold volume DOWN and Power. This will put the phone into fastboot mode. When you have held it down for 30 seconds, and the phone is on the Huawei ascend screen, plug it back in to the PC and go into the folder, where you extracted it. Now you are there, press Shift and right click. You should see a menu with a few strange options. You need to Click "Open command window here"

Now type:

fastboot devices

You should see something like this:
a9f329f Fastboot 
if instead of fastboot, it says offline or no devices are listed, check that the cable is plugged in properly, you need to restart your PC. If it still says this, then you need to reinstall the USB drivers. If it works, now we need to check that the offical bootloader is there. To do this, you have to type:

If the output is like this:

(bootloader)

(bootloader) Bootloader Lock State: LOCKED

(bootloader)

OKAY [ 0.006s]

Also, if you have a used phone, or you have relocked your bootloader, it will look like this. This is fine too.

(bootloader)

(bootloader) Bootloader Lock State: RELOCKED

(bootloader)

OKAY [ 0.006s]

If you get a flashing prompt (underscore) press control and C. You have a hacked bootloader. You need to follow this post. Otherwise, if you get output similar to the ones above, then you have the official bootloader! Now for the Unlocking! :D You will need to get your unlocking password handy now. I would copy and paste it, to save typos.

fastboot oem unlock 1251416010592107

The phone will reboot to the recovery mode, and it will wipe the phone. (You can find out why over at Stack Exchange). It will then reboot, to the Android Setup again. You will have to skip through this, and set up the phone now, as you will need to turn off fastboot again! When you have completed the setup, go home, then go into settings, and go to the bottom and turn off Fastboot. Now, you will need to unplug the phone, and turn it off and get into fastboot mode again. (Just hold the volume down key and power buttons). Now plug it back in to the computer. (This is to stop the phone from going into charging mode, when it is turned off. Otherwise you will not be able to get into fastboot!).

fastboot devices

This is to check if the phone is in fastboot mode. Now type:

This checks to see if the booloader is unlocked. The output should look like this:

(bootloader)

(bootloader) Bootloader Lock State: UNLOCKED

(bootloader)

OKAY [ 0.006s]

Now, You have unlocked your bootloader!!!! Well Done :)

Now, if you want your CWM recovery back, I have made a guide on how to flash it.

:excl: :excl: WARNING: PASSWORDS ARE UNIQUE! DO NOT USE THE PASSWORD THAT I HAVE USED! :excl: :excl:
So you need to type this now, replacing my password with your password. Edited by george109

Guest george109

Relocking The Bootloader (ONLY FOR STOCK/ STOCK BASED ROMS)

WARNING: You *MIGHT* not be able to use CWM or TWRP recovery, if you relock it.

You will need to turn off the phone. Now hold volume DOWN and power for 30 seconds, and the phone will stay on the Huawei screen. If it does not, let it boot and start again. Now, you will need to connect your phone to the computer, go to

C:\adb
Press shift and then right click and then click open command window here. Type
 fastboot devices 
You should see a device with fastboot. If it says offline, Check the cable, and then try restarting the PC, if it still does not work, then reinstall the USB drivers. Now enter the command below, REPLACING MY PASSWORD WITH YOUR PASSWORD!
 fastboot oem relock 1251416010592107
The phone will restart. You have now relocked your bootloader! If it says image signature verification failed or relocking failed, then you will need to do a force update. This is because of a non-stock Recovery and / or ROM. To fix this, you have to download the Force update (This is an ICS, B952 Update), You will need BOTH files, as I have made a split archive. (Due to mediafire storage limits :(). Now you will need to download them to the SAME FOLDER! Please Verify the file with this hash generator. The Hashes are:

CRC32: 49ef9ecb

SHA1: af20acf3d79249bbb3ce938d96b7a4e059bd1005

If these are wrong, then you need to download both things again (Sorry, its the only way to remove !) Now you need to mount USB storage (Do it in recovery, as some ROMS a copy the dload folder and then paste it in the root of the SD Card. Like this:

post-1000829-0-42045300-1369678498_thumb

Now turn off the phone, and hold the Volume UP AND DOWN buttons at the SAME TIME! Now you will see a screen with a progress bar saying "Unpacking". If you see a pink screen, Check the SD card, and the folder. The dload folder is missing or in the wrong place. Now you will need to wait until it is finished. The phone will reboot. Now complete the setup, and you are finished! :D

Edited by george109

Guest george109

Installing The Custom Recovery

If you want to install the Recovery (By

Dazzozo) that I have included (To flash new ROMS, or to restore your backups) type this:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
The output should be like this:
c:\adb>fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

sending 'recovery' (7526 KB)...

OKAY [ 0.701s]

writing 'recovery'...

OKAY [ 1.882s]

finished. total time: 2.585s

Now type:
fastboot reboot 

This will restart the phone. When it has booted, unplug it and then turn it off. Hold down volume up and power. Then go to backup and restore with the volume down buttons. Now, you should make another Nandroid backup, and delete the one that you have just restored! This is to make sure that the backup is working properly!

If you want If you want TWRP, instead of CWM, follow this post, and then follow this post, instead of CWM, follow the post above for flashing CWM, and then follow

this post

Edited by george109

Guest george109

Flashing TWRP

:excl: :excl: THIS WILL NOT WORK ON THE STOCK RECOVERY :excl: :excl:

If you want TWRP, you can download this and then mount USB storage, by into CWM recovery, and then going into Mounts And Storage > Mount USB Storage and then flash it in CWM recovery, by going install ZIP > Choose ZIP From SDCard > Find It > Press Yes.

Then go Advanced > Reboot Recovery, and you have will TWRP Recovery.

THE END!

Done! :D

Come on guys, Almost 70 000 Views! ( :D) and only 183 +1s! Please press the +1 button (The one in the bottom right corner) of every post. It looks like this: It improves my reputation, and it will motivate me to make more things. Also, it will make me very happy to see all the +1s that I have! :P

OMG! Over 75000 Views!!!!  :blink: ->  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D 

Edited by george109

Guest u8815-15

Wow I really appreciate your efforts. hopefully new users of the g300 will be able to complete the process :). Good Work !

Guest george109
Wow I really appreciate your efforts. hopefully new users of the g300 will be able to complete the process :). Good Work !
Deserves more +1's

Thanks! :D

Guest U8815

Nicely done! I appreciate the time you've put into this.

However

3. Your Unlock password. Contact them with this form including your:

- IMEI

- Serial Number

- The Device is the U8815 (Just U8815)

To get the form to work you also need to enter the correct Product ID. The form gives the following help

For a mobile phone, bring up the dialpad, and enter *#*#1357946#*#*. An 8-digit ID is then displayed.

This doesn't work for many people including me, and I'm still on stock GB. Frustrating. I'm sure I could e-mail them.....

Guest george109

Nicely done! I appreciate the time you've put into this.

However

To get the form to work you also need to enter the correct Product ID. The form gives the following help

This doesn't work for many people including me, and I'm still on stock GB. Frustrating. I'm sure I could e-mail them.....

Changed for you, Thanks for telling me :)

Guest zeronickname

A few additions:

The ProductID *#*#1357946#*#* code only works on stock or stock based ROMs; so you'll have to downgrade to the stock ROM first before executing this code. (note that huawei don't actually need the ProductID to supply you with the unlock code; it's just the website which checks. I got my code by emailing Huawei with just my IMEI & S/N)

Secondly:

When I tried to revert to stock using the update.app, the unpacking/flashing always got stuck at 25/30% -- I had to do the IMEI backup -> zero the IMEI -> force update -> re-root -> revert IMEI -> unlock bootloader -> reflash custom ROM

Not entirely sure why the force update failed without a zeroed IMEI, but there you go.

Guest george109

Secondly:

When I tried to revert to stock using the update.app, the unpacking/flashing always got stuck at 25/30% -- I had to do the IMEI backup -> zero the IMEI -> force update -> re-root -> revert IMEI -> unlock bootloader -> reflash custom ROM

Not entirely sure why the force update failed without a zeroed IMEI, but there you go.

Thats really strange, I did not even need to zero my IMEI. Mine just updated, and my IMEI was intact...

Guest zeronickname

Yeah, I don't think it affects everyone (the force update failure). I found the solution after a few searches on this forum. WIsh I knew what makes it not work for some people.

My personal symptoms during the initial force update:

No text during the unpacking. Just the progressbar on a black screen, which gets to about 30% and then stops.

Only after the IMEI zeroing did I get the "unpacking", "stage 1/2" etc text around the progress bar; and this time it actually finished.

Guest george109

Yeah, I don't think it affects everyone (the force update failure). I found the solution after a few searches on this forum. WIsh I knew what makes it not work for some people.

My personal symptoms during the initial force update:

No text during the unpacking. Just the progressbar on a black screen, which gets to about 30% and then stops.

Only after the IMEI zeroing did I get the "unpacking", "stage 1/2" etc text around the progress bar; and this time it actually finished.

Yeah, if you are on the unofficial bootloader, you will get a screen with a just a pink bar, and no text. The IEMI thing is really strange. :wacko: I need to find out why some work and others don't... :huh:

Edited by george109

Guest TangerineTractor

Big tip...

I asked Huawei lots of times for a code, got no response or the standard "three days"...

Then I tried putting URGENT at the start of my email, and got a response instantly...

to: [email protected]

subject: URGENT Request bootloader unlock code

Hi Sir,

Could you please provide me the requested information to unlock the bootloader. I am on official ICS, and getting many reboots.

Here are the required details--

Model: U8815 / Ascend G300

IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXX

S/N: CCCCCCCCCCCCC

Baseband: I am on ICS official (4.0.3).

Thanks!

Guest george109

Big tip...

I asked Huawei lots of times for a code, got no response or the standard "three days"...

Then I tried putting URGENT at the start of my email, and got a response instantly...

to: [email protected]

subject: URGENT Request bootloader unlock code

Hi Sir,

Could you please provide me the requested information to unlock the bootloader. I am on official ICS, and getting many reboots.

Here are the required details--

Model: U8815 / Ascend G300

IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXX

S/N: CCCCCCCCCCCCC

Baseband: I am on ICS official (4.0.3).

Thanks!

Wow! I'll mention that :) Thanks for the info!

Guest Symao96

Is improbable receive the code in the weekend right? I've done the request yesterday.. I want to unlock officially the bootloader and i've done all the steps until the code is necessary, so i want to do this quickly to use my phone again.. Any help?

Guest Symao96

Sorry, you should of got the code and then started. Seems kinda obvious tbh :P

Yes, but i've started the process when i've requested the code because I tough that it will be quickly (receive the code), if I receive the code between today and tomorrow, no problem the problem is if I receive the code just Monday or something... You think it's possible I receive the code during the weekend?

Guest kyan31

Yes, but i've started the process when i've requested the code because I tough that it will be quickly (receive the code), if I receive the code between today and tomorrow, no problem the problem is if I receive the code just Monday or something... You think it's possible I receive the code during the weekend?

Well some people get it within 3 days, so its definitely possible.