CPU Tuner - need help, please

Guest derei

Guest derei

Hy, I just installed CPU Tuner 3.4.2 but after that I got a bit confused. I see there are some kind of presets, or something... But I could not find any tutorial... actually I found one, but is for a older version and it seem to not "fit". Here it is: CPU Tuner 2.1.2 recommandations .

Can anyone help me with this, suggest a config, or if is too much, suggest anything else instead ? It seem that CPU Tuner can do a lot of things... if you know what you are doing... (but I barely know).

Thanks.

Guest u8815-15

I used to use CPUt tuner but found that it started to lag on me(Due to me setting the CPU when the screen locks and etc). So instead I used SETCPU.

but from what I know you have different options (CPU Tuner 2.1.2 recommandations to be honest this is quite similar to the latest one if I remember correctly)

I suggest to choose the sophisticated profile if you want specific changes for certain events

(here are some triggers that I used)

I overclocked the cpu to 1190MhZ for calls to prevent call lag

Cpu to max 600Mhz or 1008Mz for screen off to save battery when the battery level was below 25%

That was basically it.(I wouldn't recommend overclocking the device unless you absolutely cannot resist.)

NOTE:I don't use CPUTUNER anymore

Edited by u8815-15

Guest derei

(I wouldn't recommend overclocking the device unless you absolutely cannot resist.)

NOTE:I don't use CPUTUNER anymore

Why not overclock? Any problems with overclocking (risk to fry it, or damage in any way - overheat)? Or it's just more power consumption?

And... any reason for not using CPU Tuner anymore? (not satisfied by it, or just personal preference?)

Thanks for your suggestions so far !

Guest george109

Why not overclock? Any problems with overclocking (risk to fry it, or damage in any way - overheat)? Or it's just more power consumption?

And... any reason for not using CPU Tuner anymore? (not satisfied by it, or just personal preference?)

Thanks for your suggestions so far !

I would use AOKP control, as you can choose if you want to set the settings on boot. Do not do this when you are experimenting or you could get stuck in a bootloop if you overclock too much as the max overclocking levels can vary from G300 to G300...

Edited by george109

Guest u8815-15

overclocking is completely safe on a mobile device.If a smartphone's cpu could be fried it would be put on youtube but no results seem to come up.This is Due to the safety mechanisms on the device. A CPU will not fry on a overclocked device. The device will simply not work anymore or become very hot(this will be on hot days or when overclocking the device and leaving it charging while using it at the same time. Remember that each device varies. But in theory overclocking shortens the lifespan of a device both CPU and battery wise.(That's why i am not recommending it). Overclocking technically should be safe.

Edited by u8815-15

Guest u8815-15

and an endnote I do not use CPUtuner anymore instead SETCPU. Reason is basically I find it to have more functions than AOKP control(I have tried it) and is easier to use once you look deeper into the app.

Just a few functions

-can set on boot(AOKP)

-can set CPU to certain frequency when battery temperature over a certain level(Has in CPUTUNER)

-can set governor(IN BOTH AOKP and CPUTUNER)

-can set CPU to certain frequency when playing a game (In CPUTUNER)

-can set CPU to certain frequency at certain times(not sure if in CPUTUNER)

-Has short bench test To test number of calculations per second (I think)

-Has Native test to test number of calculations NOT AFFECTED BY VM mods and etc.

Basically it has the same features as CPUTUNER. It's just that in CPUTUNER the interface for me was too difficult to use(found SETCPU easier to use)[My opinion].

Edited by u8815-15