No Google apps installed with ICS/JB ROMS

Guest Argonaut110

Guest Argonaut110

I've tried all the ICS/JB Roms on this forum, but none of the gapps installers seem to work apart from Slimbean- which doesn't feature multitouch, and therefore being slightly inadequate. I have partitioned enough space (220MB) as all of the ROMs work very nicely and fast, but I am completely baffled to why they don't install. The Google Play APKs off the internet don't work either- 'no connection' always pops up. Can somebody please give me an answer to why this is happening?

Guest omegavesko

I've tried all the ICS/JB Roms on this forum, but none of the gapps installers seem to work apart from Slimbean- which doesn't feature multitouch, and therefore being slightly inadequate. I have partitioned enough space (220MB) as all of the ROMs work very nicely and fast, but I am completely baffled to why they don't install. The Google Play APKs off the internet don't work either- 'no connection' always pops up. Can somebody please give me an answer to why this is happening?

Not sure what you mean. You're saying you're flashing the gapps zip the regular way and it's not working? Does it throw an error or do the apps just not show up?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Argonaut110

Not sure what you mean. You're saying you're flashing the gapps zip the regular way and it's not working? Does it throw an error or do the apps just not show up?

The gapps zips install fine- no errors in CWM. However, when I boot up the ROM (doesn't matter how many times), there will be no Google Apps at all installed. This also happens on the CM7 where you have to install gapps too- And on Fish and Chips 7, it throws me the 'not enough space' error. I've tried Iharrybo's method twice through successfully- each time redownloading the ROMs and gapps+extra features. Maybe its because I, in addition to the normal ROM installation, Fix battery stats and Permissions before flashing? Maybe I need an even bigger TPT than 230MB shown in TPT Helper (I always use option 1)? Idk.. I'm clueless. I know I once tried a 5.1 version of Fish and Chips that seemed to work solidly..Maybe I should just go back to that.

Guest dodgetimmy

From my experience these kind of problems are always down to lack of system space. Try reducing your system apps prior to the installation of a rom, using a slim gapps package instead And try a larger system tpt.

Finally don't rule out a connection problem, make sure your wireless data settings are right and WiFi.

I'm sure the answer is obvious it's just a question of getting there.

Have you made sure you're using the correct device for the roms and not an unsupported blade 2 variant?

Edited by dodgetimmy