bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300

Only logging every phone that has gone wrong on here. Got a therapy because of why...

Add mine to the list as it died about a month ago and I am unable to find the bill of sale but ,quite sure I have had it 12 months.
Exactly the same as mentioned above , woke up to a phone that wouldn't boot but the red led blinks on the off.

Biohazard

CoSmEeN

CoSmEeN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Nexus 4
If the led was blinking, that was something xD. Have you tried to send it to warranty?

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

If the led was blinking, that was something xD. Have you tried to send it to warranty?

Going to have a good look for the bill of sale tonight and see if its still under warranty. One thing I did notice before it packed up was when connecting a USB to the phone via p.c it never gave me a indication for USB debuging or to swap files, also the sd card didn't show on the p.c . Don't know if this has anything to do with it not working now but thought I would mention it in case it happens to anyone else. Regards J.

Biohazard

CoSmEeN

CoSmEeN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Good luck, hope you get it fixed. I can't wait to get my phone back from warranty.

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Devices:Raised from the Dead G300 :P

Add mine to the list as it died about a month ago and I am unable to find the bill of sale but ,quite sure I have had it 12 months.
Exactly the same as mentioned above , woke up to a phone that wouldn't boot but the red led blinks on the off.

24 Months from Huawei not too sure if you need the receipt for a repair by them. Maybe worth a shot ringing them up :)

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

24 Months from Huawei not too sure if you need the receipt for a repair by them. Maybe worth a shot ringing them up :)

Cheers for that will try on Monday and report back .

Biohazard

CoSmEeN

CoSmEeN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Update: Today I got a phone call from Vodafone and they told me that my phone wasn't turning on because there's something bad with the mainboard and they need to change it. The guy from Vodafone told me that Friday (21.04) I could come to get the phone back. So that's about 14 work days (in the warranty certificate they say that the repair would take 15 work days at most... looks like they counted the days).

Anyway, I was just wondering. If they need to replace the mainboard, is there any little chance that they would find out the phone was rooted, bootloader unlocked and another ROM installed? I don't really think that they can but i'm asking you because i think you know better than me.

I will also update this topic when I get the phone back.
Thank you guys!

Edited by CoSmEeN, 17 June 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

Update: Today I got a phone call from Vodafone and they told me that my phone wasn't turning on because there's something bad with the mainboard and they need to change it. The guy from Vodafone told me that Friday (21.04) I could come to get the phone back. So that's about 14 work days (in the warranty certificate they say that the repair would take 15 work days at most... looks like they counted the days).

Anyway, I was just wondering. If they need to replace the mainboard, is there any little chance that they would find out the phone was rooted, bootloader unlocked and another ROM installed? I don't really think that they can but i'm asking you because i think you know better than me.

I will also update this topic when I get the phone back.
Thank you guys!

Main board failure is an issue with the G300. I doubt the repair service will have the budget or motivation to do any kind of forensic search on your phone to find out its exact history.

Nothing you did caused this, and they know it was just a faulty part that Huawei are well aware of.

CoSmEeN

CoSmEeN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Thanks Rico, you really made my day. I can't wait to get the phone back because now i have a Nokia C2-01 and a SE w300i xD.

CoSmEeN

CoSmEeN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Hello again. Just keeping you informed about my problem with g300.
Today i got a call from vodafone and they told me that my phone wasn't repaired yet. So they gave me a brand new g300 because they were getting over the 15 work days limit for repairing it.
So now i got a new phone but i can't really use it because it is sim locked. Now i'm waiting for 'em to give me the unlocking code.

Rico_89

Rico_89

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Vowney V5.
  • Twitter:@Rico_89_

Hello again. Just keeping you informed about my problem with g300.
Today i got a call from vodafone and they told me that my phone wasn't repaired yet. So they gave me a brand new g300 because they were getting over the 15 work days limit for repairing it.
So now i got a new phone but i can't really use it because it is sim locked. Now i'm waiting for 'em to give me the unlocking code.

New phone after 9 months use.. I dont even get a free pizza if the delivery guy is a little late.

Hey you want to choose my next lotto numbers? lol :D

CoSmEeN

CoSmEeN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
I guess I'm a lucky guy, hehe :D.

everis

everis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Hi, same thing happend to me now. In the morning, phone worked just fine, but when i tried to wake it up couple hours later, it doesn't respond. So i tried to plug it to charger and nothing. But then I plug it to my computer, Windows tried to find driver for device. So i am confused, it looks dead, but computer seems to get some response.

Anyway i will try warranty.

CoSmEeN

CoSmEeN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
In my case windows tried to install drivers but failed. You should try warranty.

everis

everis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, the driver search failed too. I will try warranty, but I installed Stock+ ROM and bunch of init.d scripts, hope I have same problem as you did and they will not know.

CoSmEeN

CoSmEeN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
I wish you good luck! Keep us informed on how things are going please.

burningcow

burningcow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@none
this just happened to me, the phone was working perfectly last night and now it's dead. i un rooted it recently but the boot loader wasn't changed, so i am afraid of getting caught by vodafone. let's hope it's a mainboard problem and they're going to solve it without checking the phone.

GOlteanu

GOlteanu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4, Palm Pre
Same thing here today... plug it in to charge over night and in the morning nothing... I got it september last year and now.... I miss it already. will send it to vodafone and see what they tell me...

aciduzzo

aciduzzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Same thing happened to my Y300 this morning. Only a couple of weeks old! In my case, however, phone starts without the battery. So i'm hoping it's just a faulty battery.

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Devices:Raised from the Dead G300 :P

Same thing happened to my Y300 this morning. Only a couple of weeks old! In my case, however, phone starts without the battery. So i'm hoping it's just a faulty battery.

Try putting in the battery after it has started up via the charger. Sometimes batteries get so exhaust it takes them 10/20 minutes to get a initial charge in to it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users