Phone won't start up

- - - - -

47 replies to this topic

aciduzzo

aciduzzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
CPW did a straight swap - no quibbles! A bit of a PITA tho as i now have to request unlock code, root and install apps all over again. oh well...

sharkyo01

sharkyo01

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Devices:Raised from the Dead G300 :P

CPW did a straight swap - no quibbles! A bit of a PITA tho as i now have to request unlock code, root and install apps all over again. oh well...

That is good to here that CPW are that good! The Y300's from CPW are all unlocked so save your self some money ;)

Edited by sharkyo01, 12 August 2013 - 09:32 AM.

everis

everis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Hi, same thing happend to me now. In the morning, phone worked just fine, but when i tried to wake it up couple hours later, it doesn't respond. So i tried to plug it to charger and nothing. But then I plug it to my computer, Windows tried to find driver for device. So i am confused, it looks dead, but computer seems to get some response.

Anyway i will try warranty.

Update on my problem.

Shop where I bought it will return me money. So that is partly relief, because of root and stuff.

Anyway, for that money I will buy Ascend Y300, so it's little bit win situation.

tomcat_

tomcat_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300

same problem here, phone died after almost exactly 12 months.

It won't start up, led is not working either charging or not, cannot boot to cwm.

It has started by freezing up and shortly after it just died...

i guess it all indicates hardware problem rather than software?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

Sounds like the spontaneous bricking that several people have reported.

Do you know if you had Hynix or Samsung eMMC?

http://www.modaco.co...memory-problem/

The suspicion is that Hynix based G300s are susceptible to bricking spontaneously.

But in most cases those whose phones have bricked like this don't know what eMMC they had...

tomcat_

tomcat_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300

Sounds like the spontaneous bricking that several people have reported.

Do you know if you had Hynix or Samsung eMMC?

http://www.modaco.co...memory-problem/

The suspicion is that Hynix based G300s are susceptible to bricking spontaneously.

But in most cases those whose phones have bricked like this don't know what eMMC they had...

sorry no idea what type of memory it had.

Mine was bought from Argos and the 1 year has passed already. Does anyone know if i have to take it to Argos, Vodafone or Huawei?

edwardecl

edwardecl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Another G300 bites the dust...

My one brick during installing GAPPS to CM11, recovery rebooted, went back into clockwork recovery flashed again brick. Will not power on, no LED. Also the EMMC would not mount via USB before flashing so I don't think flashing killed it think it was dying anyway.

This was a Samsung EMMC, I made sure to verify it before doing the new 3.4 kernel ROMS, CM11 was going to be the first ROM update from 3.08 kernel. Oh well ordered a Y300 now for £50 (payasyougo upgrade) which is stupidly cheap, shame I only had an old O2 card the other networks would have upgraded for £40. Hope the Y300 does not do this.

Edited by edwardecl, 08 December 2013 - 10:09 PM.

rptr

rptr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello guys, I was have same problem with Huawei G300, but I was solve it. My phone dont want start up and dont want boot. After I try to take it to charger it was start beeping (long and silent beep from back speaker).

1.) It is not software problem if it dont show any logo after trying to start phone and absolutelly dont responds for button "Turn ON/OFF"

2.) Try to diassembly phone, but you dont must diassembly it totally. You must only take down 4 things: battery cover, battery, up&down covers and after that, you must get down main cover. When you will be see mainboard, charge board, camera etc. after that try connect it to computer. When I connect it to computer it is works, but with that main cover it dont want work. I think there is some problem with flex cable connections. Maybe that case push to mainboard and it dont want works. If it will be respond with computer (without main cover), try diassembly all phone (except display and digitizer) and put it again together. I solute with this problem when I have phone in water and after I diassembly it and take it together, it works. Maybe is in this type of phone some problems with contact in flex cable or something like that. I dont know, but it is work second time for me (and second G300).

If it will work for somebody, you can send me mail with response - [email protected] Thank you and have a nice day! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users