JIAYU G3 network issue

Guest sloopjb

Guest sloopjb

Hi guys,

I really need some help here. I've got a G3 it's rooted and with a custom JB rom installed and it's a fantastic piece of kit except for the fact that when it's been on charge over night or for any length of time asleep I have data or phone connectivity even though the status bar is showing a H and good strength. I've tried disabling the sim in settings and re-enabling, no help. I've tried re-booting the phone, no help. The only thing that fixes it is removing the battery. This happens on all the roms I've tried and the original one. I'm with GiffGaff if that helps (yeah I'm THAT cheap :) )

Thanks.

Guest putbinoot

I take it you mean you don't have data connectivity , do you have the following apn settings if not try them.

giffgaff apn

Name=giffgaff

apn=giffgaff.com

apn type=not set

proxy=not set

port=not set

username=giffgaff

passsword=password

server=http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002

mmsc=http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002

mms proxy=193.113.200.195

mms port=8080

mcc=234

mnc=10

authentication type=not set

apn protocol=IPv4

apn enable/disable=apn enabled

bearer=unspecified

Edited by putbinoot

Guest sloopjb

I take it you mean you don't have data connectivity , do you have the following apn settings if not try them.

giffgaff apn

Name=giffgaff

apn=giffgaff.com

apn type=not set

proxy=not set

port=not set

username=giffgaff

passsword=password

server=http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002

mmsc=http://mmsc.mediamessaging.co.uk:8002

mms proxy=193.113.200.195

mms port=8080

mcc=234

mnc=10

authentication type=not set

apn protocol=IPv4

apn enable/disable=apn enabled

bearer=unspecified

Thanks for replying putbinoot, The APN settings are correct I've double and triple checked them. I get NO connectivity data or voice but the status bar on the phone shows full signal and H. If I try to view a website it just times out after a while and if I try a voice call nothing happens.. just a beep and hang up after a few seconds, texts don't get sent either. :(

Guest putbinoot

So it all works fine after battery pull, did you wipe data /factory reset when installing new rom. If you pull down the notification bar and toggle data off and back on there does the phone then work.

Guest sloopjb

So it all works fine after battery pull, did you wipe data /factory reset when installing new rom. If you pull down the notification bar and toggle data off and back on there does the phone then work.

Yeah, wiped everything as per usual in clockwork, tried different versions of the clockworkmod as well. it makes no difference when I toggle data or put the phone into airplane mode and back it LOOKS like its disconectiong and then reconnecting (signal bars and H symbol) but there is still no actual connectivity.. it's very strange. I'm gonna try changing my sim for another one (giffgaff sim swap so I keep my number) in case the problem is with a dodgy sim, it's been in and out of about 6 phones, maybe I'm grasping at straws?

Guest sloopjb

How did you get on, can you not borrow a sim from someone to try.

I think I may have solved it. I tried loads of things from not allowing the phone to deep sleep and changing the SIM nothing worked until i opened Mobileuncle tools and switched off "Fast Dormancy"... so far the phone has been rock solid, NO disconnects or network problems and the battery seems to be lasting a lot longer. It's early days yet so I'll try to keep the thread updated if there is any change or it stays fixed. Fingers crossed. :)

Now if only the camera worked properly :(

Guest sloopjb

:( uugh.. forget the "fix" I'm back to square one. I did go a full day without any problems though by changing the network mode to "GSM only" not ideal but at least I can make calls. Anyone have any ideas? I'm beginning to think it's just a bad phone and I may have to bite the bullet and move on. Another reason I think it may be a bad phone is the quality of the camera, my G300 was much much better. It doesn't seem to be able to focus beyond about 6 feet. This is on all ROM's btw. Oh yeah it's a G3N.

Guest putbinoot

I would take it back to factory rom and settings with no other apps installed and start from there. You are using G3N roms and not G3 roms when you have been playing around.

Guest sloopjb

I would take it back to factory rom and settings with no other apps installed and start from there. You are using G3N roms and not G3 roms when you have been playing around.

I did a nandroid backup of the original ROM before I started and that's acting the same. Yeah, all G3N roms i even tried G3 rom out of desperation but that was useless.

Cheers

Guest sloopjb

Me again :(

Just a quick question (I'm probably grasping at straws here) WHen you power on your G3 with VOL + & PWR do you go straight into clockwork? mine goes into a menu with two options, Vol up selects and vol down OK's, one of the options is recovery mode which then continues into clockwork and the other is normal boot with boots normally.

I would be gratfull if someone could check their phone as I cant find ant reference to this menu.

Cheers

Guest sloopjb

Just a quick update, I think the phone is fixed now. What I did was use SP Flash Tool to flash back to the stock ICS, then I rooted and installed TWRP and factory reset/wiped/formatted everything in sight! Then flashed the custom JB ROM I like and there you go.. happy days it's rock solid. Another bonus is that odd little pre-recovery menu has gone so I can get straight into TWRP. I'll update the thread if anything changes but I'm confident it's fixed. Now for the bad news.... I was so convinced I had a bad phone I ordered a G3 Plus and it should arrive tomorrow or the day after, oh well it looks like a decent little upgrade and I'll sell my G3N easily as it's obviously like new. :)

Guest RussellS

Now you've got it fixed is the camera working any better. I only ask because the camera on my G3 (original version) is great and way, way better than mt G300. I posted some pictures taken with my G3 when I got it back in February compared to the same pictures taken with a Canon digital compact camera. The post is here

As I said I have been very impressed with the camera although it does struggle a bit in low lighting but then you get that with even high end smartphones with the little LED flashlight.

Guest sloopjb

I had forgotten all about the camera to be honest.. Just checked it and it's the same, It seems to take very good snaps at relatively close range i.e. portrait distance and like the examples in your post but its when I try any kind of landscape the subjects in the distance are very blurred, I've tried 3rd party cameras and all produce the same result. It's no big deal really I hardly ever use the camera and maybe I'm being over critical as my usual camera is a Sony SLT I wouls be interested in seeing some examples or big landscape shots from another G3 if you get the time just to compare. I should be getting a G3 Plus tomorrow or the day after that "claims" to have a 12MP camera, I'll try some direct comparisons with that and post the results if any one is interested.

• 3 months later...

Just a quick update, I think the phone is fixed now. What I did was use SP Flash Tool to flash back to the stock ICS, then I rooted and installed TWRP and factory reset/wiped/formatted everything in sight! Then flashed the custom JB ROM I like and there you go.. happy days it's rock solid. Another bonus is that odd little pre-recovery menu has gone so I can get straight into TWRP. I'll update the thread if anything changes but I'm confident it's fixed. Now for the bad news.... I was so convinced I had a bad phone I ordered a G3 Plus and it should arrive tomorrow or the day after, oh well it looks like a decent little upgrade and I'll sell my G3N easily as it's obviously like new. :)

Hi

I think I have the same issue.

I have a Factory G3 , not rooted, no modifications, never flashed,

you are the first i saw with the same problem - I am actually still in the analysis phase :-( . After prolonged standbytimes (on or off power) i cannot be called any more and cannot make calls outgoing. I can't SMS or receive SMS , not GSM Internet connectivity. WIFI Works great at those times, Whatsapp and other data apps work over WIFI,  but all GSM Services are dead.

The phone sais i have Connection (H data) and full bar's on GSM signal. It just seems to have forgotten to logon to the cell tower. (Not sure if switching cell towers has anything to do with it)

I tried Airplane mode in the Menu bar (Swipe down) and back on regular mode - Still no connection reset.

I had this happen in the middle of a phone call (while in the car) moving from one tower to the next and not beeing able to call back - no connection.

Today i found out that using teh settings menu - MORE - Select airplane mode in Settings - it deactivates ,Back one menu (more) and down again to deselect Airplane - it actually reconnects correctly and resets connection to be able to call.

There seems to be adifference between airplane mode from the Shortcut menu (swipe down) and the actual Settings menu.

I would love to get rid of the problem too, but I have never reset my phone.

I would like to avoid rooting the phone since TV apps in Holland with my provider don't work on rooted androids.

If you can point me to a more detailed instruction (keeping current data and setting) to do what you did , i would be greatfull (pretend i don't know what i'm doing :-) since i dont )

Thanks