[APP][XPOSED] GravityBox - tweak box for MTK6589 devices running Android 4.2.1

Guest C3C0

Just a little heads up for MTK6589 owners running Android 4.2.1

Introduction

The app utilizes amazing Xposed framework coded by recognized

developer rovo89 which, briefly, provides interface for injecting code into any app, including system services.

This means, it allows to modify behaviour of applications and system services at run-time. No need to

hack apps the usual way by decompiling, hacking and recompiling, anymore. One of the biggest advantages of GravityBox is that it is not bound

to any specific device. Actually, it should run on any MTK6589 4.2.1 ROM which is close enough to AOSP.

Feature highlight

GravityBox provides 2 main groups of features:

Fixes - help to fight typical MTK6589 bugs like:

--- Date&Time settings crash

--- Caller ID mismatch

--- Split conversation in messaging

--- Wakelock in calendar app periodically turning on the screen

--- Missing TTS settings in Language&Input

--- Missing extended developer options

Mods - the set of additional useful features that make using the system more easy and fun

--- Statusbar QuickSettings tile management

--- Statusbar color and transparency

--- Additional QuickSettings tiles: Sync on/off, WiFi AP on/off, GravityBox shortcut, Torch, Network mode (2G/3G/2G+3G switch)

--- Battery indicator style

--- Low battery warning policy

--- Auto-hiding of signal icons for empty SIM Slots

--- Advanced power-off menu (reboot, recovery)

--- Volume key cursor control

--- Skip tracks by volume key long-press while screen off (thanks to rovo89)

--- Button for clearing all recent tasks at once

--- Fullscreen caller photo

--- CRT screen off animation

... more to come

Visit official thread for more info: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2316070

• 1 month later...
Guest sam tyler

using your apk on my i9389(mtk6589) working great! i would say thanks on xda but it keeps saying this a developer apk but i installed with no fuss. just on the hunt now for a custom rom! lol!

Guest sam tyler
post-914473-0-49131800-1376408793_thumb.just to let you know that the Button backlight notifications (experimental) mod is working on my phone(i9389) as the led notifications don`t work on my phone. i know i should reply on xda,but as ive only made about 10 posts i guess you know it wont let me!! will try to sort out beer/coffee tokens for you if xda lets me use the donate button!! this maybe a big ask,and im not a developer, but could you make a mod so more icons can go on the lockscreen? i know i can add apps on the lockscreen via left and right by adding it but my lockscreen settings doesn`t let me add extra icons in the circle part to unlock the screen,is this possible? it would be great if you could, here is a screenshot of what i mean.or is it a limitation of 4.2.1?(or maybe my phone?) cheers.

Hi.

I have to take a look. But what I've seen so far, it is quite complicated to be done via xposed fw.

Hell, I told to myself the same thing about cm pie and quick settings, and now we have it! So never say never. We'll see...

Guest sam tyler

morning,ive noticed on the new update that you have added support for MTK8389 based phones,here is another big ask! is it possible to add support for MTK6577 based phones as well? as i have a copy of the note phone ( Star N8000+ (JB 4.1.1) e1908_v77_jbl1_9p017_6628 ) there are few mods for this phone using xposed,but nothing much.i know, a big ask,but as you have been weaving the magic for the MTK6589,i can always hope!!

• 1 month later...
Guest aenaos.9

Hello from Greece! Very excuse me for bothering, but I have problem with a new model and I have confused. Few days ago I decided because of the financial crisis to buyed from ebay 2 cheap chinese phones "DAXIAN XY100" (MKT 6589) with android v.4.2.1. Theres no Greek language and no play store. I tryed to root one of them. I'm not sure if I had complete it fine 'cause superUSER doesn't work the update after reboot.

Now, I've read the great work C3CO and so many replies as I can from the xda official link that gives C3CO.

May I ask you if yours way with custom ROM will provide a solution to my problem with language and store?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Heya,

I'm trying out GravityBox 2.5.7 on my ZTE Blade V and I'm hugely impressed. A quick question though - are incompatible options hidden on the handset?

I've been able to use the advanced power menu, change the battery icon and add more volume stops, but I can't find the option anywhere to use the CRT screen off animation... I assume this is because it can't be done on this phone?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ChrisPNE

Heya,

I'm trying out GravityBox 2.5.7 on my ZTE Blade V and I'm hugely impressed. A quick question though - are incompatible options hidden on the handset?

I've been able to use the advanced power menu, change the battery icon and add more volume stops, but I can't find the option anywhere to use the CRT screen off animation... I assume this is because it can't be done on this phone?

I believe Gravity Box is for MTK6589 only. Your Blade is not this SoC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem...When i hit the Install/update button it always shows error: "su:exec failed for /data/data/de.robv.android.xposed.installer/cache/install.sh 2>&1 Error:No such file or directory". I tried to search in the original xda thread but I didn't find how to solve this problem...
Thanks for any help.

• 4 weeks later...