Recommendations for a dual sim phone.

Guest billpine

Guest billpine

Hi all. I'm in the market for a dual sim phone and would like some suggestions. Been on some Chinese websites and the choice is overwhelming, one thing I've noticed is the lack of 2100, 3G on most of them?

There is a Viewsonic knocking about for 50 quid but the spec looks awful, there's also a handful of ZTE's and the Prestigio range that look reasonable but I'm still not 100% sure. The phone will be using giffgaff (3G) and a Ovivo (2G) and I'm looking to spend around £100.

Any suggestions chaps?

I can highly recommand the Acer Liquid E2. It sells in Europe for 199€ (no contract) is 4.5" with qHD resolution. It has a quad core 1.2Ghz cpu (Mediatek) 4Gb of storage and 1Gb of memory and is dual-SIM. It is compatible with all the networks and speeds up to 42Mbps.

I own one and bought one for my wife as she liked it very much. It's really a great phone for a low price.

Guest fade2black101

I would strongly suggest the Zopo C2. This isn't a cheap chinese knockoff. It is considered high end in China and is an excellent phone.

Guest fade2black101

Oops sorry.. just saw £100 limit. If you are willing to spend 50 quid or so more then the zopo would be a good choice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Master One

Wow, the Lenovo A820 seems to be a real bargain with top specs! Great find, BUT:

• No CyanogenMod for that device / no Dual SIM support in CM at all (see this)
  • No Dual 3G SIM operation, only 3G+2G or 2G+2G

A device with CM support and Dual 3G SIM operation would be what I am after. :(

Guest Al_1604

For £100 you can possibly find something but for a decent dual SIM phone I'd recommend spending a bit more.

I recently searched for a new dual SIM phone (having dropped my Jiayu G2 and smashed the glass) and settled on the Acer E2 Duo.

You might be able to find the Jiayu G2 around your preferred price but the Acer E2 is a really nice phone and I'd recommend it if you don't mind spending a bit more (try Amazon France for good deals). For the G2 try Aliexpress.

Guest Job_CF

These are more than £100 so I could be of topic but does anyone know if Meizu MX, MX2, Xiaomi M2 and M3 are dual SIM?

Some sellers at aliexpress say they are dual SIM but some say they are single SIM!

Guest Master One

It's a bummer, the A820 would be ideal, but without CM support just not possible for me. I've never used an Android phone with stock firmware and Google Apps installed, and I never will. CM without GAPPS is the way to go.

Guest Job_CF

Lenovo A820 is dual SIM and is still available at Amazon, eBay and other places.

Quad Core 1.2GHz, 4.1 Jelly Bean, 4.5" IPS QHD screen, 1GB RAM, 4GB ROM, microSD card slot, 3G WCDMA

etotalk.com has a special offer at $120 plus shipping; reduced from $230.

I ordered one on couple of days ago. I am in the UK, so one of the extras I asked is the Etotalk MOD ROM for $5

Unlocked and Rooted, it includes Multi Language OS, Google Play Store. It will also delete all non-useful Chinese apps.

I don't know what CM is. Will that give me problems?