PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,222 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Good morning all!

Firstly, apologies for the lack of updates - I've been busy working on a number of things, but that includes the next update for Switch! Switch has always been about not just a single release for a device (or a couple of devices), but also about enabling the Switch concept for a wider audience. With that in mind, i've been porting the internal changes for Switch to use the Xposed Framework, a task that is about two thirds done (and has presented some interesting challenges!).

What does this mean? Primarily it means that the ROM(s) used by Switch can be updated completely independently of Switch itself, which means faster updates when new releases come out, but also the ability to use other custom ROMs in Switch. Which i'm sure you'll agree will be awesome. :)

I'm aware that a GPe OTA is now available and i'll be incorporating this into a new Beta shortly, as well as updating the main ROM as required.

Rest assured, more awesomeness is coming! Thanks for your support. :)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

FrankNL

FrankNL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC One
What more can we ask for! Thanks for your dedication to this project! Can't wait for the next step!

TiZiO61

TiZiO61

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:HTC One, Nexus 7
Sounds like great News, really looking forward to it!

Since I'm on S-ON due to HBOOT 1.54, I've "switched" to the Google Edition from Mike1986, having Support for the Flash Player included, and the Chance of flashing a modified Kernel.

But i'm missing the Opportunity to switch badly, so take your Time, but not too long. ^^

thetechoftacos

thetechoftacos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
LennyUk are you going to update the camera zip again? Because on the XDA camera leak thread I noticed an update on august 20th. Nevermind I updated myself.

Edited by thetechoftacos, 26 September 2013 - 06:08 AM.

y2jdmbfan

y2jdmbfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Can someone give me a heads up on what the latest radio firmware is for the One. I can't seem to find any concrete info searching the forums, I have an AT&T One w/ S-Off & Beta 13, but I am pretty sure it is still running the stock AT&T radio firmware. I would have to believe there is a newer one, and with the generic LTE rather than the AT&T 4G/LTE logo.

Thanks,

Y2J

Edited by y2jdmbfan, 26 September 2013 - 01:01 PM.

theadb

theadb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Hopefully the Sense 4.3 update makes it into the next release :)

And any headway on the SMS/Caller data syncing across roms? That's really the only thing holding this back from perfection :D

MENINBLK

MENINBLK

• MoDaCo Gold
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:HTC ONE M7
  • Twitter:@MIBMARAUDER

Good morning all!

Firstly, apologies for the lack of updates - I've been busy working on a number of things,

Hi Paul,

I appreciate everything you've done to make the HTC ONE a better device for us.

I've signed up for a MoDaCo GOLD account to help support your projects !  Thanks !!

Lennyuk

Lennyuk

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Devices:HTC One, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@Lennyuk

LennyUk are you going to update the camera zip again? Because on the XDA camera leak thread I noticed an update on august 20th. Nevermind I updated myself.

I didn't realise there was an update - I can do though, if I get the time.

nitr01

nitr01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

With the Global HTC One receiving 4.3 today, should we expect to see a hold on the current update of switch till its integrated?

niartg

niartg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

yes, please post what you have.

See attached.

Attached Files

theKingCat

theKingCat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have had my HTC One for a few weeks now, and am just wanting to give a few things a go.

I don't want to appear to be a huge n00b, but I do have a few questions that I was unable to find answers to.  I have experience of  flashing ROMs etc on previous android phones, Galaxy S3, and Nexus 4.

As far as I understand the process...

Unlock bootloader

S-Off, if desired.

Flash TWRP

Flash Switch

Flash S-On Patch if not s-off already.

Enjoy?

My questions are regarding the compatibility, LTE and updates.

1. My phone is a carrier locked HTC One purchased in the UK on the Three UK network, is Switch compatible with that?

2. Although my network are yet to launch their LTE services they are due later this year, one of the reasons I switched to the HTC One from the Nexus 4, my network will run LTE services on the 800 and 1800 mhz spectrum, If I use switch, will the LTE still work once the network turn it on?

3. When updates to switch are released do they just update OTA/via flashing without a wipe or will a wipe be required each time? I presume installing a OTA update from HTC or the GPe would wipe switch?

4. Will installing switch effectively break the "carrier" tie in of the OS? I know it won't unlock the sim, but will it remove the network branding from the OS etc. (Apologies for this question but this the the first non-iPhone that I have had from my network, all other Android phones were bought outright and factory unlocked).

Apologies for the general n00biness of the questions, I just want to be sure before I flash anything.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

inthenite42

inthenite42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:HTC One - TMobile

I have had my HTC One for a few weeks now, and am just wanting to give a few things a go.

I don't want to appear to be a huge n00b, but I do have a few questions that I was unable to find answers to.  I have experience of  flashing ROMs etc on previous android phones, Galaxy S3, and Nexus 4.

As far as I understand the process...

Unlock bootloader

S-Off, if desired.

Flash TWRP

Flash Switch

Flash S-On Patch if not s-off already.

Enjoy?

My questions are regarding the compatibility, LTE and updates.

1. My phone is a carrier locked HTC One purchased in the UK on the Three UK network, is Switch compatible with that?

2. Although my network are yet to launch their LTE services they are due later this year, one of the reasons I switched to the HTC One from the Nexus 4, my network will run LTE services on the 800 and 1800 mhz spectrum, If I use switch, will the LTE still work once the network turn it on?

3. When updates to switch are released do they just update OTA/via flashing without a wipe or will a wipe be required each time? I presume installing a OTA update from HTC or the GPe would wipe switch?

4. Will installing switch effectively break the "carrier" tie in of the OS? I know it won't unlock the sim, but will it remove the network branding from the OS etc. (Apologies for this question but this the the first non-iPhone that I have had from my network, all other Android phones were bought outright and factory unlocked).

Apologies for the general n00biness of the questions, I just want to be sure before I flash anything.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Don't know 1 or 4. 

2. It should work. No reason why it wouldn't. It's tied into the chip used not the software I believe. Not 100%, but about 85% sure.

3. Wipes are sometimes required. Sometimes they aren't. However, Paul is making it so that you rarely have to wipe now (if ever). And I flashed the 4.3 GPE update (the super minor 15 Mb additional one) over mine and the first time it bootlooped it, second time it worked fine. So be sure to back up. :)

Paschymat

Paschymat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC ONE

hi all,i'm a bit noob :3 can u answer to my questions please?

1) Do i need to unlock/root/S-off  my htc One for this ROM??
2) if i install this ROM,will i be able to receive any updates via OTA for sense partition and the other one like now?
3) how can i do a complete backup for restoring my datas after the installation of this ROM?

Lennyuk

Lennyuk

Addict

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Devices:HTC One, Nexus 4, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@Lennyuk

hi all,i'm a bit noob :3 can u answer to my questions please?

1) Do i need to unlock/root/S-off  my htc One for this ROM??
2) if i install this ROM,will i be able to receive any updates via OTA for sense partition and the other one like now?
3) how can i do a complete backup for restoring my datas after the installation of this ROM?

1) you just need a custom recovery image installed - TWRP is recommended, to do this you need to be unlocked (bootloader unlocked, not sim unlocked)

2) OTA's will not work, you get notifications but the installation will fail.

3) there are many backup options such as Helium or Titanium Backup - look in the play store for those two apps.

Paschymat

Paschymat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC ONE

1) you just need a custom recovery image installed - TWRP is recommended, to do this you need to be unlocked (bootloader unlocked, not sim unlocked)

2) OTA's will not work, you get notifications but the installation will fail.

3) there are many backup options such as Helium or Titanium Backup - look in the play store for those two apps.

so: 1)unlock bootloader 2) install TWRP 3) Backup 4)install the ROM?? S-OFF is not required as the ROOT,only bootloader?

and for  updates how can i do? 

Edited by Paschymat, 02 October 2013 - 12:05 PM.

adgrox777

adgrox777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC One ( m7ul )

i have few questions.

1. can i install switch on a custom sense rom ( i am currently using trickdroid 11 android v4.3 ). 

2. would i get ota updates after i install switch on both Gpe rom and sense rom . Or can you support offitial rom OTA updates. 

3. when is the beta gonna go :P 

4. when will you support other non - sense rom for a switch .

5 . is my data gonna be wipe out every time i do an update or i can do a dirty install .

would appertiate to be helped.

sorry for my noobish knowlege and bad grammer .

adgrox777

adgrox777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC One ( m7ul )

i have few questions.

1. can i install switch on a custom sense rom ( i am currently using trickdroid 11 android v4.3 ). 

2. would i get ota updates after i install switch on both Gpe rom and sense rom . Or can you support offitial rom OTA updates. 

3. when is the beta gonna go :P 

4. when will you support other non - sense rom for a switch .

5 . is my data gonna be wipe out every time i do an update or i can do a dirty install .

would appertiate to be helped.

sorry for my noobish knowlege and bad grammer .

kensington133

kensington133

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Unfortunately my HTC one has developed multiple lines of dead pixels so I have to return it :/

I need to make it look like it hasn't been tampered with after putting SWITCH on my phone

I was thinking of restoring it to a back up I have pre SWITCH then doing a factory reset?

Cheers

Ben

break_5000

break_5000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC One M7

When I boot the first time back to Sense it causes into a sort of a bootlop.

that happens by me at beta 13.

dread123

dread123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Woo, got SkyGo working on the GPE again :)
Had to bodge both build.props again, but I noticed you had few extras added in (I was originally on B8, now on B12)
I can upload the two props (from HTC 4.3 and B12) if anyone wants to have SkyGo working in GPE, as having the MoDaCo bit in the ro.product.model line stopped apps from working, such as Nationwide building society app.

intredsted to getting sky go working..can you help ? do i need to unroot again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users