Bootloop [maybe]

Guest CoSmEeN

Guest CoSmEeN

Hey guys.

Something really weird is happening with my g300.

I just downloaded a game from store and started playing it. After about 5 mins the game became laggy and then it froze. I assumed it was the game's fault so i just pulled out the battery and put it back in. The phone turned on, showed the Huawei logo and then the Huawei Ascend boot animation. Now it's just showing that animation over and over again with a little vibration when the animation starts. ALSO sometimes in this cycle it shows the lock screen for ~1 sec then goes back to boot animation.

What should i do?

The phone is about 1 month old, stock GB, b892. No custom recovery installed. It was only rooted so i could remove some bloatware from Vodafone.

I want to know what can i do to it and if there's any chance to stick with stock GB because i like it the most. It works best on this phone (in my opinion).

Also, if there's any other GB rom that i should try, tell me how it works compared to stock GB.

Edit: While i was writing this, the phone managed to boot all the way to the lock screen but after I unlocked it, I could not see the launcher. All I can see is a bunch of errors e.g. "the process ... has stopped working" with 1 button "Force close". The errors are from system processes but also from all the apps i had installed.

I just can't use it like this. Only the status bar works normally and i managed to connect it to PC and backup all my files.

Edited by CoSmEeN

Guest dalyer

The phone is about 1 month old, stock GB, b892. No custom recovery installed, bootloader still locked (but i have the unlock code).

Are you sure about that? My understanding is that the original GB bootloader is inherently NOT locked. That's why we had the old hack of using the GB bootloader with ICS in order to allow installation of custom recovery etc. but which had negative side effects in some cases (e.g. 3G reboots).

Edit: While i was writing this, the phone managed to boot all the way to the lock screen but after I unlocked it, I could not see the launcher. All I can see is a bunch of errors e.g. "the process ... has stopped working" with 1 button "Force close". The errors are from system processes but also from all the apps i had installed.

I just can't use it like this. Only the status bar works normally and i managed to connect it to PC and backup all my files

Any chance that storage has spontaneously switched from external to internal and reconfiguring it to external will help? This is a common problem but I'm not sure if it's just with stock based ICS ROMs or also stock based GB ROMs...

I want to know what can i do to it and if there's any chance to stick with stock GB because i like it the most. It works best on this phone (in my opinion).

Also, if there's any other GB rom that i should try, tell me how it works compared to stock GB.

See the ROM list:

http://www.modaco.co...updated-260713/

Judging by comments posted here (including some recent ones) AtomicMod seems to be the best GB ROM available.

http://www.modaco.co...baseband-gbics/

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

Guest CoSmEeN

Are you sure about that? My understanding is that the original GB bootloader is inherently NOT locked. That's why we had the old hack of using the GB bootloader with ICS in order to allow installation of custom recovery etc. but which had negative side effects in some cases (e.g. 3G reboots).

I am not sure about it. I just assumed it is because i never unlocked it.

If it's not locked, does that mean that i can just install custom recovery right away?

Any chance that storage has spontaneously switched from external to internal and reconfiguring it to external will help? This is a common problem but I'm not sure if it's just with stock based ICS ROMs or also stock based GB ROMs...

I had no external sd card if that's what you mean so i can't see how was possible to switch to an external storage.

See the ROM list:

http://www.modaco.co...updated-260713/

Judging by comments posted here (including some recent ones) AtomicMod seems to be the best GB ROM available.

http://www.modaco.co...baseband-gbics/

Hope this helps.

I know about AtomicMod and I heard it works nice but i don't know exactly all the steps to get from my situation to a phone with AtomicMod installed :unsure:

Thanks for reply

Guest dalyer

I am not sure about it. I just assumed it is because i never unlocked it.

If it's not locked, does that mean that i can just install custom recovery right away?

Yes - as I said I'm pretty sure that the GB bootloader is unlocked so that should be possible.

I had no external sd card if that's what you mean so i can't see how was possible to switch to an external storage.

OK - then what I said is irrelevant.

I know about AtomicMod and I heard it works nice but i don't know exactly all the steps to get from my situation to a phone with AtomicMod installed :unsure:

Just flash it.

If there's a problem doing that or something doesn't work having flashed it then try this:

http://www.modaco.co...60#entry2142898

Hope this helps.

Edited by dalyer

Guest CoSmEeN

So flashing recovery was no solution.

I flashed it, it said okay but now, if I want to enter recovery (vol up + power) the huawei logo appears and then the 3 buttons and the LED light up and stay this way.

So, I should try to force update b952? Also, how much memory do I need to do that because i have only an empty 2gb sd card? Is that enough?

Later edit: Tried to force update to b952 with the zip from huawei device site and at about 5% of "Unpacking" i get "Update failed".

It is because of the 2gb sd card or do I need that thing called "middle package" or something like that? Where can I get it?

Later edit 2: I, somehow, managed to install cwm 4.0.1.5 (this was about 3rd or 4th recovery that i installed. I don't know why but the other ones weren't working). AT LAST ^_^

Later edit 3: I managed to install AtomicMod and now it's all fine. Thanks alot dalyer for all your help. ^_^ :D

Edited by CoSmEeN

Guest dalyer

Great to hear that you finally made progress.

It's always a bit nerve racking when stuff doesn't go smoothly! :-)

You might want to install a later CWM as 4 is pretty old.

I think that the second link that I posted above might have helped as it installed CWM (5) along with the GB baseband, bootloader etc.

Let us know how you get on with AtomicMod - I'm planning to switch to it myself as soon as I get a chance to install it.

Edited by dalyer