[DEV][ROM][20.12.] CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

This is my port of CyanogenMod 10.2 for ZTE Blade III. It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod team. It's for advanced users only.

screenshot1.png screenshot2.png screenshot3.png screenshot4.png

cm-10.2-20131220-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
md5:ec7ffd0ad4930dfea45eba8c21d7eb49

Working:
  • RIL (mobile network & data)
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • 'Project Butter'
  • SDcard
  • USB-storage (on external sdcard) & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi-tethering
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • Sensors
  • LEDs
  • FM radio

Not working:

• ???

Sources:

• CyanogenMod team & everyone who's been working on CM10.2
Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Merged commits not mentioned in the changelog.

20.12. changelog:

• few updates for wifi services
  • rotated front facing camera sensor (again)
  • CM 10.2.0 final
  • WhisperPush (merged)

11.10. changelog:

• fixed various issues with audio (sound recorder, VoIP?)
  • rotate front facing camera sensor 180 degrees
  • android 4.3.1

21.9. changelog:

• fixed FM radio
  • set correct MAC address for bluetooth
  • added uhid driver for bluetooth keyboards and mouses
  • either broke or fixed bluetooth tethering (forgot to test :P)
  • hacked battery voltage to report in correct unit
  • removed Focal (merged)

14.9. changelog:

• fixed bluetooth (bluedroid stack)
  • increased default keypress vibration duration on stock keyboard
  • CM Account (merged)

28.8. changelog:

• fixed muted mic in Viber
  • removed deprecated device parts app
  • utilized CM's new hardware tunables framework
  • vibrator intensity (Settings -> Device - More... -> Vibrator intensity)
  • USB charging (Settings -> Device - More... -> USB charging)

15.8. changelog:

• more display hacks
  • fixed issue in cpu freq table that caused reboots on some devices
  • expose 4.3's hidden app ops feature (Settings->Security->App ops)
  • Dalvik startup with a low memory footprint (1)
  • Development setting to enable navbar (1,2)
  • Re-add link to DeviceParts (1)
  • new settings menu structure (merged)

7.8. changelog:

• fixed everything that uses native screen capture method (screenshot, thumbnails in recent apps view, electron beam animation, etc)
  • fixed use of mmparser (e.g. WMA and DivX hardware decoding)
  • complete libaudio overhaul (fixed e.g. notification sounds)
  • added KonstaKANG features
  • ---option to show navigation bar
  • ---option for navigation bar height
  • ---option to disable bootanimation
  • ---option for MIUI style battery bar
  • ---partition info
  • ---forum link in about phone
  • ---always allow PIE controls and hardware key settings
  • ---and more

5.8. changelog:

• initial release
Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

How to install:

1. boot into ClockWorkMod
  2. backup and restore -> backup (makes a nandroid backup of your previous ROM)
  3. mounts and storage -> format /system
  4. wipe data and factory reset
  5. install cm-10.2-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
  6. install gapps-jb-xxxxxxxx-signed.zip
  7. reboot now

FAQ:

Q: I can't find developer options and performance settings, why?
A: Settings -> About phone -> Click 'Build number' several times

Q: I don't have reboot options in power menu, why?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced reboot

Q: When I'm connected with an USB cable to my computer, I can't see my internal sdcard as a storage, why?
A: I've made an executive decision not to include a mount point for internal sdcard. This is because recent Android versions don't allow setting emulated sdcard as secondary storage. Setting rather small emulated sdcard as a primary storage caused issues with games/apps that want to download large amounts of data to the sdcard.

How to build:

1. Follow instructions on initializing a build environment up to a point of downloading the source code.
2. Initialize CyanogenMod 10.2 repo.

repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-10.2

3. Add local manifest that downloads ZTE Blade III device config, props and kernel source from my github and few CM replacement projects from legaCyMod github.

curl --create-dirs -L -o .repo/local_manifests/local_manifest.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-10.2/local_manifest.xml
curl -L -o .repo/local_manifests/manifest_zte_atlas40.xml -O -L https://raw.github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/cm-10.2/manifest_zte_atlas40.xml

4. Sync source code.

repo sync

5. Update Terminal Emulator (you only need to this again when Terminal has been updated).

cd path-to/cm10.2/vendor/cm/
./get-prebuilts

6. Apply patches. Three patches are needed for FM support (1,2,3). Copy patches into respective project directories, cd into directories and apply patches. You also need this gerrit patch until it gets merged.

git am -3 patchname.patch

7. Compile.

cd path-to/cm10.2/
. build/envsetup.sh
brunch atlas40

Use 'repo sync' to pull merged changes from upstream. Use 'make clobber' to clean the build environment. Repeat step 7 to make a new build.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest razjaren

thanks for the rom ... :P

question? writes me that the phone is not root when I tried to install titanium backup ...... where I'm wrong

Guest robt77

Had the same issue. Enable developer options, ensure debugging is on and root access for apps is set. Kill titanium, then reopen it and you should be sorted

Guest razjaren

Had the same issue. Enable developer options, ensure debugging is on and root access for apps is set. Kill titanium, then reopen it and you should be sorted

problem solved according to your instructions

thank you very much

Guest papars

Just a quick note.

It runs on acqua but with several FC. (TTS and clock are the 2 first that come in mind).

It has also the wifi problem of CM10 / CM10.1 (it connects to some routers and to some other is not) but with a twist!!

On the problematic router it connects for several seconds gets some data (weather for example) then it disconnects. Now this is a first...

Keep up the good work KonstaT.

Guest KonstaT

Just a quick note.

It runs on acqua but with several FC. (TTS and clock are the 2 first that come in mind).

It has also the wifi problem of CM10 / CM10.1 (it connects to some routers and to some other is not) but with a twist!!

On the problematic router it connects for several seconds gets some data (weather for example) then it disconnects. Now this is a first...

Keep up the good work KonstaT.

Errm, nothing force closes afaik. Clock most certainly doesn't FC. It even hasn't failed to wake me up for the past week. ;)

But let me guess, you didn't wipe anything. No wipe, no whine! Advanced users generally know that... :P

Guest papars

Errm, nothing force closes afaik. Clock most certainly doesn't FC. It even hasn't failed to wake me up for the past week. ;)

But let me guess, you didn't wipe anything. No wipe, no whine! Advanced users generally know that... :P

I did wipe (inc dalvik). Actually I did twice.

It took about 10+ minutes to boot the first time - I thought it was stuck on the CM rotating logo, then on the initial screen the first picture was a "TTS engine stopped responding" followed by a "clock stopped responding". Then during the install wizard I could not get further than "enter your name" screen. Pressing the right arrow had no effect. So I pressed the home button. I only played for few minutes with the TTS engine error coming up all the time and a couple of others I can't remember.

By that time I was really amazed as it had already been connected to a specific router - CM10.1 couldn't.

I'm not concerned with FCs at this time. Maybe it was late night or It could be a problem with the gaps. I dl the first result google gave me (gapps-jb-20130726-signed.zip)

I will come back to this version when BT starts working - can't live without BT ...

In the meantime I must point my mouse to the donate button. You deserve it.

Guest daliborhes

Great work. Really impressing. :-) However, I'm experiencing some issues. Sms notification sound (as well as email notification sound) doesn't seem to work with my device. I set the sound, hear it, but when the sms or email arrives, there's no sound at all. I've tried several sms and email aplications and still don't have a sound. Led light and vibration works just fine. And also, Apex and Holo launcher reproducing FC messages. All in all, great custom rom. Keep up the good work KonstaT. :-D

Edited by daliborhes

Guest KonstaT

I did wipe (inc dalvik). Actually I did twice.

It took about 10+ minutes to boot the first time - I thought it was stuck on the CM rotating logo, then on the initial screen the first picture was a "TTS engine stopped responding" followed by a "clock stopped responding". Then during the install wizard I could not get further than "enter your name" screen. Pressing the right arrow had no effect. So I pressed the home button. I only played for few minutes with the TTS engine error coming up all the time and a couple of others I can't remember.

By that time I was really amazed as it had already been connected to a specific router - CM10.1 couldn't.

I'm not concerned with FCs at this time. Maybe it was late night or It could be a problem with the gaps. I dl the first result google gave me (gapps-jb-20130726-signed.zip)

I will come back to this version when BT starts working - can't live without BT ...

In the meantime I must point my mouse to the donate button. You deserve it.

There's straight forward installation instructions in the third post. Where does it say to wipe twice (or wipe dalvik cache - it's useless)?

Hope you understand my frustration. Generally speaking 90% of the issues reported here is because people don't bother to read or can't follow simple instructions.

And thanks for the beers. :)

Great work. Really impressing. :-) However, I'm experiencing some issues. Sms notification sound (as well as email notification sound) doesn't seem to work with my device. I set the sound, hear it, but when the sms or email arrives, there's no sound at all. I've tried several sms and email aplications and still don't have a sound. Led light and vibration works just fine. And also, Apex and Holo launcher reproducing FC messages. All in all, great custom rom. Keep up the good work KonstaT. :-D

Yeah, there was some issues with that earlier but I thought it should have already worked on the ROM I posted. I still did some finishing touches on the audio and it should work now at least (tested both sms and email notifications today).

Here is the latest lib.

cm-10.2-audio_policy.msm7x27a.zip

Guest Zsebes01

Huh KonstaT :))) Thanks for your work...i dont install yet...i waiting the final version,but i folow your work :) Thank you very much your work :)

Guest daliborhes

Yeah, there was some issues with that earlier but I thought it should have already worked on the ROM I posted. I still did some finishing touches on the audio and it should work now at least (tested both sms and email notifications today).

Here is the latest lib.

cm-10.2-audio_policy.msm7x27a.zip

Worked like a charm. I can hear again. ;-) Thanks man. Cheers. :-D

Guest KonstaT

thanks Konstat for the work, but there is also the possibility of using the photosphere into the camera? (http://9to5google.co...ission-manager/)

No, Photo Sphere is Google's proprietary feature (needs Google's Gallery app) and it only works on devices that have a gyroscopic sensor.

CyanogenMod's new Focal camera app (included in this ROM) has a similar open source Pic Sphere feature but I doubt it's ever going to work for the same reason either.

Guest KonstaT

Huh KonstaT :))) Thanks for your work...i dont install yet...i waiting the final version,but i folow your work :) Thank you very much your work :)

Awesome you are the best KonstaT!!!!!! I haven't tried it but I wait for final release :D

Lol, wait all you want. This is CyanogenMod, it's never going to be "final" until the development fades away when the next Android version comes around... ;)

Guest Zsebes01

Lol, wait all you want. This is CyanogenMod, it's never going to "final" until the development fades away when the next Android version comes around... ;)

:D you know KonstaT what i mean :D:D if you can switch all things to WORKING :D ...its for me "final xDD "

Sorry for my bad english :D I hope you understand :D