2013-08-19-21-49-56.png 246.27KB 22 downloads 2013-08-19-22-01-07.png 313.54KB 24 downloads 2013-08-19-22-07-14.png 107.94KB 22 downloads
AFAICT this is the first Android based armv6 port of Firefox OS! (I don't think the RPi port is Android/gonk based, and I can't see any other working armv6 b2g ports). it also looks like it's the first b2g device with all the headaches of a 270 degree screen rotation.
this is NOT an official Firefox OS port, nor a port that should be taken as representative of how Firefox OS behaves. there are many many things still not working and/or very slow which I would expect to be fixed in a real port. I just did the port to see if I could, and to see what Firefox OS looks like. my port is far from complete and is unlikely to ever be finished.
current git 'master' of the b2g gecko/gaia code was used. b2g was ported using my CyanogenMod 10 rom for v9 as a base. I use the gonk ICS graphics layer instead of a JB gonk as hwcomposer > 1.0 support doesn't exist in my CM10 or 10.1 ports so can't support a true JB gonk. lots of other hackery to get it to (semi) work.
the zip WILL format your /data, /boot, and /system partitions on install (won't touch the sd card though), so make sure you have backed these up before you start. it is also likely to crash.
download here (it WILL wipe all your data - backup first)
this rom requires >160MB in /system and >66MB in /data.
- home button, power and volume buttons
- screen rotation
- battery charging and levels
- sensors (light level, orientation, gravity)
- phone (RIL)
- screen brightness and screen on/off
- headphone detection and audio routing
- usb storage
- bluetooth (pairs ok, but nothing else tested)
- web browser
- boot logo (but rotated 90 degrees)
- audio (works ok after volume up/down is pressed when audio is playing - needed to init the audio system?)
- 2d and 3d graphics is working but seems slow
- mobile data (rmnet0 comes up ok, but dns isn't set)
- fm radio
for sources and instructions see
Firefox OS Porting
- fixed sdcard handling which also fixed usb storage and screenshot
- mozilla folks fixed bluetooth, gps, boot logo, most browser skitishness
- mozilla also changed the apps/market screen on the left. I think now it's generated from searches on the home screen?
- mozilla fixed mobile data default route, but mobile dns still doesn't work for me - might work for another carrier?
- graphics seems smoother now, but moving the shade up/down is actually slower according to the framerate metric (was 30fps, now ~12-15)
- initial release
Edited by PlaguedByPenguins, 24 August 2013 - 02:59 AM.