My G300 just turend itself off and doesnt power on anymore

Guest noobordumb

Guest noobordumb

A few hours after installing the Baidu V33 ROM and installing all the apps from my previous ROM Lightning Rom,My Phone just unexpectedly turned off and pressing the power button doesn't do any good nor does putting it on the charger.

When i put it on the computer USB it said that a Unknown USB device had came up.

I am think that the battery fused or something similar to that through then i don't understand how the computer identified an USB port but a few minutes that Device disappeared.

So what should i do?

P.S I tried to remove the battery a few times but no luck :( :( :( :( :( :(

Guest george109

A few hours after installing the Baidu V33 ROM and installing all the apps from my previous ROM Lightning Rom,My Phone just unexpectedly turned off and pressing the power button doesn't do any good nor does putting it on the charger.

When i put it on the computer USB it said that a Unknown USB device had came up.

I am think that the battery fused or something similar to that through then i don't understand how the computer identified an USB port but a few minutes that Device disappeared.

So what should i do?

P.S I tried to remove the battery a few times but no luck :( :( :( :( :( :(

Have you tried plugging the phone in to the charger with NO Battery inserted? Give it 30 mins like this and see if anything changes.

Guest sharkyo01

This is getting ridiculous it is the third or forth phone to have similar problems. How old was the phone and how did you unlock your bootloader?

Guest noobordumb

I tried the method George109 suggested but nothing but when i returned the phone to Argos the gave me a new since they would give a replacement if it was faulty within 1 year so problem solved but all hope for all the data is gone

Guest bidzapfc

Phahahahahaha.... Cheap huawei. Mine is on "repair" from 13 july till this day on... Ridiculous is an understatement :D

By the way... The thing that dies is motherboard

Edited by bidzapfc

Guest akarana

Motherboard has almost everything on it, it's rarely the board itself that dies,

there'll be one weak component that thru bad design forces them to change the whole board.

BTW I'm noticing a lot of failures from ppl leaving it on charge overnight.

Mine will charge from 6% to 98% in 2 hours. After seeing even Apple's finest iPhones

catching fire from overnight charging, I always avoid excess charging.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest akarana

Yes, the phone is s'posed to stop charging when it gets to full battery voltage.

But if the charger is still plugged in you're vulnerable to power line spikes.

Disclaimer: I've got no right to talk on this subject because I've never used the charger from the Huawei box.

I mostly plug in to my computer's USB, or use an Apple iPod charger, or another Australian specced

dual socket charger I bought because it has a tapon mains socket.

Another problem some people don't realise is the excess internal temperature can be caused by

sitting the phone on clothes, or carpet, or even newspaper, while charging.

• 4 weeks later...

A few people have reported alleged spontaneous deaths of G300s. I wonder if any/all of them were overclocking and if this could be a contributory factor? With anecdotal reports and people doing wildly varying things with their devices it's a bit difficult to establish if there is any pattern here..

• 2 weeks later...