Beta 2: MoDaCo.SWITCH S4 i9505 support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Good morning all!

Firstly, apologies for the lack of updates - I've been busy working on a number of things, but that includes the next update for Switch! Switch has always been about not just a single release for a device (or a couple of devices), but also about enabling the Switch concept for a wider audience. With that in mind, i've been porting the internal changes for Switch to use the Xposed Framework, a task that is about two thirds done (and has presented some interesting challenges!).

What does this mean? Primarily it means that the ROM(s) used by Switch can be updated completely independently of Switch itself, which means faster updates when new releases come out, but also the ability to use other custom ROMs in Switch. Which i'm sure you'll agree will be awesome. :)

I'm aware that a GPe OTA is now available and i'll be incorporating this into a new Beta shortly, as well as updating the main ROM as required.

Rest assured, more awesomeness is coming! Thanks for your support. :)

P

If there's something else that does the same, please share! :)

P

Sure! http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2447534 it's called Patcher and it's available on XDA. Obviously it doesn't do the exact same thing but maybe you can get something out of it, and improve on Switch in a way that actually makes it better and 'needed'. (and about the being honest comment -> your project was actually released before the one I mentioned [my bad lol] but there was an old project that did the same but it was just too dangerous and complicated..) 

Guest PaulOBrien

Sure! http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2447534 it's called Patcher and it's available on XDA. Obviously it doesn't do the exact same thing but maybe you can get something out of it, and improve on Switch in a way that actually makes it better and 'needed'. (and about the being honest comment -> your project was actually released before the one I mentioned [my bad lol] but there was an old project that did the same but it was just too dangerous and complicated..)

The unique aspect of Switch is obviously the data retention which Patcher doesn't do so...

P

Guest Zachary Derbyshire

Hey, my OTA download gets to CWM and then says it failed because the file was unable to mount to my device, any ideas with what to do? Thanks :-)

Guest joshua.justice

I'm in urgent need of help, I installed it on my phone and it worked just fine but when I tried switching back it didn't work. I turned it off and now it won't boot at all, in recovery or anything.

Any help please!

Guest Amber Talamasca

I'm in urgent need of help, I installed it on my phone and it worked just fine but when I tried switching back it didn't work. I turned it off and now it won't boot at all, in recovery or anything.

Any help please!

I had the same problem, i had to flash a rom with Odin before it worked properly again. have you tried this yet?

Guest joshua.justice

I had the same problem, i had to flash a rom with Odin before it worked properly again. have you tried this yet?

I'm downloading the stock tar but it's taking way too long! hours :(

Edit: I flashed it with Odin and it still boot loops! What the heck!

Edited by joshua.justice

Guest HugoQueiriga

Well i'll be damn......d

Its booting in GPe after i did the following in Philz_touch recovery mode:

1. go to mounts and storage

2. format cahce and format system

3. reboot recovery

4. install zip beta1 (samsung rom)

5. reboot recovery

6. install zip beta2 (gpe rom)

7. Boot phone

You are now in samsung rom and use the switch!

Also if you want to udate (OTA) then you have to reboot in recovery and flash the zipfile found in /ota/download and reboot

Well that did the trick it now booted into GPE after 2 hours of flashing. Thanks

Edit* I should mention I tried TWRP and then gone Phillz recovery however, after saying yes to not alow flashing of rstock ecovery, it has broken me booting into GPE. So now it just keeps booting into TW rom.

Edit2* Just did the same steps above and all working again, GPE has some issues, no lock screen works, quick settings doesn't work, there are a few other issues, but the TW works fine so far.

Looking forward to an updated version of this, it is really is a great idea.

Edited by HugoQueiriga

Guest Elcondor1

Hello, Thank for SWITCH !

But i have the problem when apply OTA update....

The Updater download and reboot on Philz touch recovry (lasted) and :

(extract to philz-recovry.log) 

Finding update package...
I:Update location: /local/OTA-Updater/download/

modaco.switch-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-i9505_beta2.zip
E:unknown volume for path [/local/OTA-Updater/download/modaco.switch-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-i9505_beta2.zip]
E:Can't mount /local/OTA-Updater/download/modaco.switch-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-i9505_beta2.zip
Installation aborted.
I:setting up /data/media(/0) for /sdcard/clockworkmod/.recovery_version.
I:using /data/media/0 for /sdcard
I:setting up /data/media(/0) for /sdcard.

The zip is download on location : /sdcard/OTA-Updater/download/
No wipe factory just wipe cache and davlik
What to do ?
Edited by Elcondor1

Guest HugoQueiriga

Hello, Thank for SWITCH !

But i have the problem when apply OTA update....

The Updater download and reboot on Philz touch recovry (lasted) and :

(extract to philz-recovry.log) 

Finding update package...

I:Update location: /local/OTA-Updater/download/

modaco.switch-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-i9505_beta2.zip

E:unknown volume for path [/local/OTA-Updater/download/modaco.switch-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-i9505_beta2.zip]

E:Can't mount /local/OTA-Updater/download/modaco.switch-for-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-i9505_beta2.zip

Installation aborted.

I:setting up /data/media(/0) for /sdcard/clockworkmod/.recovery_version.

I:setting up /data/media(/0) for /sdcard.

The zip is download on location : /sdcard/OTA-Updater/download/
No wipe factory just wipe cache and davlik
What to do ?

All I did as some mentioned in this thread was to manually flash the update via recovery, don't use the app to flash it, just for download.

Guest maladaptiveone

Still no updates or even news of forthcoming updates?

This is seeming more and more like abandonware

Its a real shame given the initial experience appears so good

Oh well you live and learn

Si

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest h00pyfr00d

I have to say, this project seems to have been abandoned faster than HTC abandon last year's devices. It's a really big disappointment to buy a subscription with the expectation of software update regularity and then not receive any.