what can i do on a 109808 baseband, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

Guest zpaynter96

Guest zpaynter96

i just changed phones to a g300 today, im in aus and i cant do an OTA update for anything. The software version is also something really strange like b801 i think, i followed this guide http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/

up to the part where i had to check the baseband. Neither of the UPDATE.APP files work the get stuck at verifying. I read somewhere you can do a hack on the IMEI but i would prefer another method.

I need CM on my phone, i had CM on my other phone so going to a stock rom is unbearable how can i update the baseband so i can finally use my phone to its full extent.

Guest kyan31

Use an update.app to upgrade to an ICS stock ROM, any ICS version will be fine e.g B952. Then use the tool in the stickies to unlock the bootloader, root, and install recovery. Once thats done, make sure your recovery is updated (Dazzozos CWM or Alka's TWRP) and flash a ROM of your choice. Make sure all the needed wipes are done, along with anything else that the OP recommends. Good luck :)

Guest zpaynter96

thats the problem though, i cant update my phone. I tried holding volume and power buttons but that didnt work. I dont get any ota updates either so idk what i should do.

Guest denzele

Try normal update of official ICS from Huawei page with SD card upgrade. Worked for me. Download file put it as it says in instructions then go to storage and click SD card upgrade. Then do root , install CWM flash any room as Kyan said. Make sure to do rom back up . I believe you already know how to do that.

Guest kyan31
thats the problem though, i cant update my phone. I tried holding volume and power buttons but that didnt work. I dont get any ota updates either so idk what i should do.

You must be doing something wrong then. This is the official updating procedure so it should work on every G300 phone.

Edited by kyan31

Guest zpaynter96

I know it should work but it doesnt, i downloaded the official update from the huaweidevice website but when i tried to install it got stuck about a 3rd of the way. The middle package also gets stuck 3rd of the way as well when it is unpacking. I think its something to do with the B801 software version i am on.