CM10.1 Reboots and other problems

Guest newfold3r

Guest newfold3r

I flashed my G300 to CM10.1 a few weeks ago, and overall, I'm very pleased with it. It's a great ROM and performs much better than the stock GB ROM.

However, there are a few problems I've been experiencing with it, some of which have been fixed by upgrading to a recent nightly build. However, a few issues remain:

* My phone will reboot a lot when moving about, e.g. in a car. Usually it isn't an issue, but if I'm trying to use it for music or navigation it can be incredibly annoying. It has improved with the nightly build - before this it would reboot while I was at home, even if I wasn't doing anything with the phone, but it no longer does this on nightly. This has lead me to believe it's something to do with connecting to a lot of different cell towers in a short period of time, as I cannot see what else it could possibly be, location services are turned off so it can't be anything to do with that.

* While using Google Maps, if I try and move the map, the screen will flicker a lot.

* The GPS seems very poor recently, it will take a very long time to find the location and will quite often lose it as well. This may be something completely unrelated to the CM ROM though.

Has anyone else using this ROM had any similar issues, or is aware of any possible fixes for them?

Guest george109

You would probably get more answers on the CM10.1 thread. Also, in google maps, go to settings and disable screen dim between directions. Also you could try fasterGPS from the play store, have a play with the advanced settings and ONLY change the ones that are explained for you!

Guest kyan31

If you are getting reboots, it means your boot loader has not been officially unlocked. I myself haven't unlocked officially only because my phone doesn't seem to suffer from random reboots (maybe once a month), however it is recommended.

Guest newfold3r

Thank you for the replies.

I've requested the bootloader unlock code from Huawei, and will have a go of the FasterGPS app. I cannot find the screen dim option in the new version of Maps though.

After trying the official bootloader unlock, if I still get reboot issues, I'll ask in the CM10.1 thread.

Just one more thing: is anyone aware of a way that I could either swap the system and internal SD, so that the system part is about 2gb and the internal sd is about 750mb, as I'm running out of space on system very quickly and have a large amount of internal SD that I have no use for. Either that or a way to remove the internal SD completely and reallocate the space to system?