1116 replies to this topic

Oscar10ag

Oscar10ag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 u8815 NFC

Currently I'm referring to this EARLY build as "that stupid p^o^s*"

can't get online Play to recognise my phone, despite being able to download, and pay for, new apps; sign in to Gmail etc etc -- maybe this was a HUGE mistake adding it to an OTA -

yeah, it seems slower, maybe build in even more features till we cripple the OS on this phone?

and Google+ seems a mandatory piece of c^^^ware I can well do without

I see that I am not the only one upset with you misplaced your comments. You are not here to support this project, GO OUT and STOP PROVOKING people that want to help in one way or another way to Daz. There are people who are novices (like me) and there are people who are more experienced, but I have not seen any person that likes to create unrest like you. WE DO NOT WANT YOU HERE.
OUT!!

Edited by Oscar10ag, 06 September 2013 - 10:40 PM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
I think SyrupDErable should just tone his comments down a bit. I understand he means well, but nowadays he's just taking over all of the CM based threads. Half the time it's hard to find what I need due to all of his comments.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

Oscar10ag

Oscar10ag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 u8815 NFC
18 hours with the first nightly of Android 4.3 and so far I notice the battery is much better. The only problem detected is Google+, but I do not use this, it is no problem for me. The ROM is very fast so I am delighted.
Thanks again Daz for all your work and your dedication. I will not change my mobile for long time. You are the best.

Edited by Oscar10ag, 06 September 2013 - 11:02 PM.

fabiossilva21

fabiossilva21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Bug: Go to Settings > About Device then press 5 or more times is SELinux and it will glitch out the screen

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
  • Devices:Crescent, G300, Y300, Nexus 5
  • Twitter:@Dazzozo

Bug: Go to Settings > About Device then press 5 or more times is SELinux and it will glitch out the screen

Not really a bug. That switches SELinux to enforced mode, which currently isn't set up (at all), so things like the kgsl device get locked down and that freezes the UI. There was meant to be a warning message added to that by CM but I don't know what happened to that.

So for now, yes, avoid that. :D

I'll work on it soon.

Like my work? Give me rep!

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

fussyfella

fussyfella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Had the G300 for a while now, been on 10.1

Been trying this out, and it's (4.3) supposed to be faster, but I can't see it
http://arstechnica.c...-minor-changes/

With the SGS 4 out now, the price of the SGS 3 has really come down, and, if anything, this ROM shows up the pointlessness of 4.3 on such old tech. So with 4.3 coming in October (and it'll probably be then before this stabilises enough to come off nightlies) I think I'll just wait till then, and just keep the g300 on 10.1 for backups

Edited by fussyfella, 07 September 2013 - 05:34 AM.

LordlyAngel

LordlyAngel

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Multi user working ?

Dellboy2012

Dellboy2012

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@Dellboy2012
I don't see any changes in stock camera app (still slow and green). Everything else works as expected. Great job, Daz!

fussyfella

fussyfella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I don't see any changes in stock camera app (still slow and green). Everything else works as expected. Great job, Daz!

Read the review at the link I posted earlier - changes are largely "cosmetic"

Dellboy2012

Dellboy2012

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@Dellboy2012

Read the review at the link I posted earlier - changes are largely "cosmetic"

Yeah, but I saw people reporting on superfast and usable stock camera app.

By the way, can't seem to find notification toggles, just a way to add quick settings tiles to notification drawer. Is this changed or am I to stupid to find it?

brummieboi

brummieboi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:G300
Hi all. Anyone tried installing the latest nightly? Says it was unsigned I think. When I had a go the little green fella fell over with a red cross and the phone rebooted back to its previous state untouched by the update. Regards.

fussyfella

fussyfella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Yeah, but I saw people reporting on superfast and usable stock camera app.

By the way, can't seem to find notification toggles, just a way to add quick settings tiles to notification drawer. Is this changed or am I to stupid to find it?

people keep on "reporting" things about camera apps for this phone, sometimes without actually checking them out,
makes it hard to know what's really going on, another reason, for me, to not buy in at this stage -- just watching
I, too, have seen the "news reports" but, like Photoscape, not sure if they apply, or don't, to this phone's hardware

brummieboi

brummieboi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi all. Anyone have an issue with the stock Android keyboard? The gesture typing whilst showing the trail, doesn't actually provide any Words. You have to type the word a key at a time. Regards.

Gippox

Gippox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
As usual great job Dazzozo ! :D

I simply note that the CWM 6.0.3.7 download OTA update in sd1 (external) and search in sd0 (internal). In this way, the update fails. I had to manually copy the OTA update in sd0 to complete.

Gippox

brummieboi

brummieboi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi all. Anyone tried installing the latest nightly? Says it was unsigned I think. When I had a go the little green fella fell over with a red cross and the phone rebooted back to its previous state untouched by the update. Regards.

brummieboi

brummieboi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Just seen on the twitter feed of cyanogenmod that nightlies of 0907 shouldn't be flashed.

brummieboi

brummieboi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Just seen on the twitter feed of cyanogenmod that nightlies of 0907 shouldn't be flashed.

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts

Multi user working ?

It's a tablet only feature: http://www.reddit.co..._thread/cb9wu70

Like my work a lot? Donate! Remember to leave your forum name if you want to be credited!

Gippox

Gippox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I have it manually flashed .. :blink:

Dazzozo

Dazzozo

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,319 posts
I'm not sure what the issue is with CM, though I think it's specific to the official nightlies and the fetching of vendor blobs. My set up is different so I think you can safely ignore that message.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users